A Diary of Reinventing Ourselves

Comments

• Claree__x
    Claree__x Posts: 1,186 Forumite
    Well done on the clients!! Hope this is the start of something wonderful for you
  • warby68
    warby68 Posts: 3,020 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Coming out of lurkdom to wish you well FT :)

Fully understand your reservations regarding privacy

Before you go, could you at least tell us whether you got to the bottom of hubby's income ie is there enough to settle the tax/loans in company and still deliver what you need as income? Its such a big elephant in the room especially when he's talking about 'jail' or 'taking a hit'.

And whether there are any houses at all for you (even more expensive ;)?

I have identified so much with your agonising over children and schools. We moved house for schools, took on a bigger mortgage to do that but then eventually opted for fee-paying anyway ! Long story.

I'm just hoping for a bit of reassurance that your 2 really big imponderables are getting better before you go. I only have 2 children, can't imagine trying to do right by between 4 and 6 :)
  • Debt_Denier
    Debt_Denier Posts: 54 Forumite
    warby68 wrote: »
    Coming out of lurkdom to wish you well FT :)

Fully understand your reservations regarding privacy

Before you go, could you at least tell us whether you got to the bottom of hubby's income ie is there enough to settle the tax/loans in company and still deliver what you need as income? Its such a big elephant in the room especially when he's talking about 'jail' or 'taking a hit'.

And whether there are any houses at all for you (even more expensive ;)?

I have identified so much with your agonising over children and schools. We moved house for schools, took on a bigger mortgage to do that but then eventually opted for fee-paying anyway ! Long story.

I'm just hoping for a bit of reassurance that your 2 really big imponderables are getting better before you go. I only have 2 children, can't imagine trying to do right by between 4 and 6 :)

Yes me too. As I said before I have been really worried about the tax arrangements (or lack thereof) he mentioned prison himself didn't he? I think the extra money will take the immediate pressure off but won't solve anything.
    I hope I am wrong and I hope some of what Pelirocco said was taken on board.
    Good luck
  • Willowpop
    Willowpop Posts: 856 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    FT,
    I wish you well with your new clients, house etc.
    Do pop back from time to time to check in and let us all know how it's going.
    PAYDBX 2016 #55 100% paid! :j Officially bad debt free...don't count my mortgage.
    Now to start saving...it's a whole new world!!
  • I'm still around. I'll post every now and then, just not every day. Yes, I've taken everything on board - criticisms and all. I am at the beginning of a very long road and know it's going to be tough. I am determined to get through this but only time will tell. No, there are no houses and no, I do not have answers on the company loan we need to pay off. The credit cards have been all moved around and we are winning that battle. I haven't pushed OH on this next job as he has been moving things on; albeit not fast enough. He is supposed to be looking at that in the next few days. I will probably back for some moral support when the true figure is revealed.

Speak soon.

FT
  • getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Good luck.

The chances of getting recognised are quite slim in reality as long as you avoid complete howlers like names and locations or someone specific is looking that hooks onto something.

Just sort out your tax situation and your employment status with HMRC.
  • Willowpop
    Willowpop Posts: 856 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!

The chances of getting recognised are quite slim in reality as long as you avoid complete howlers like names and locations or someone specific is looking that hooks onto something.

I agree, I think it is hard to remember that when you're writing stuff down though isn't it? For example - My OH and I both work, we have one daughter and live near London. We have debt that we're paying off - me faster than him, but my money will then go towards his debts once my stuff is cleared (seperate because he didn't have his LBM for a couple of years after mine). We drive an oldish car.
    I'm fairly certain noone would recognise me from that, and yet it feels like I've told you all loads of info! Totally understand FT's worry, but definitley agree that the likelyhood of being 'recognised' is very, very, very, very low without the 'howlers' you mention GetMore. :)
    PAYDBX 2016 #55 100% paid! :j Officially bad debt free...don't count my mortgage.
    Now to start saving...it's a whole new world!!
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Brilliant news re the clients FT - really really pleased for you. A well deserved confidence boost :)

And yes..cut down on that bloody ironing. There is much much more to life ;)
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • Evening!! I seem to have navigated myself back - just can't stay away. No ironing tonight - devoting time to getting some business cards done. I was going to just do them myself but am having a look around to see if Moo or Vistaprint have any good deals. The last thing I want to spend money on is paper!!

Still no house. We're still gambling and hoping to get one locally. The eldest at secondary really enjoys being able to walk home with friends and would be alienated if we are a few miles out. The houses are no cheaper and we would have more petrol costs.

OH is still driving me nuts. Everything is just so painfully slow without any sense of urgency. He's paid off one credit card but seems to be needing to renew his energy for the next ones! He is working on his company accounts but again, it is like watching paint dry. I sat up last night struggling with YNAB until 1am. I must be particularly bad at maths as it's not coming naturally to me and I can't balance my March funds available with my current balance. OH is still drip feeding the accounts with a couple of grand here and there. It's messy and I'm desperate to sit down and work out how we can put in a regular amount each month so we can budget. OH is miles away from this perspective and jokes that this is what our parents did - wage comes in for wife to sort out the bills. I'll get there but I want to do it now. We are getting on so much better but that is probably because I have given him a little breathing space after him now always shopping in Lidls, buying the car and losing the hire car, getting rid of one CC. I am also aware that moving is going to make everything look even messier.

Right, off to get some work done. Life is getting busier. I'll be back - I actually missed you all! This is a lonely road and perhaps I need to just weigh up the pros and cons of being on my own and the risks of being outed.
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,661 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    No ironing tonight - devoting time to getting some business cards done. I was going to just do them myself but am having a look around to see if Moo or Vistaprint have any good deals. The last thing I want to spend money on is paper!!.

Another ex-lurker here. I started my own business 3 yrs ago and just saw you mention business cards. I got mine done from Vistaprint; they constantly have offers and you can generally get discount via TopCashBack - I don't know whether you use that but they are currently offering 10.5% cashback for new customers. I am happy with the quality; I only got the cheapest basic ones (in fact I think I got them free, just paid for postage in one offer). I daresay if you were an art-based company or media you may want something posher, but I'm happy with them. I think you can get different standards of finish anyway.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure