large balance transfers

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Credit Cards
2 replies 733 views
RCD1RCD1 Forumite
1 Post
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Credit Cards
Does anyone know of any credit cards that are available for large 0% balance transfers?? I have just over £18000 on 2 cards and really want to get them paid off. Can I transfer some of the balance or do you always have to transfer the entire balance on the card?
I have £10500 on a Barclay card and £8000 on a Lloyds MasterCard. If anyone has any advice on this or how to pay these off quickly please tell me......

Replies

• zx81zx81 Forumite
    32.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless you're a big earner, you're very unlikely to get anywhere near that kind of limit, especially with those existing debts.

But if you manage to get any sort of BT card at all, you can transfer any amount.
  • DobbibillDobbibill Forumite, Board Guide
    4K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, you can transfer partial balances not the whole amount.

Partial BTs are prob your best option but paying it off quickly isn't going to happen overnight......it's going to be baby steps.

If you can get another BT card, you can normally BT 95% of the new limit so that would give you less of a balance you are paying interest on at least.

Have you done an eligibilty check or applied for any other cards?
    I'm a Board Guide on the Energy, Student Money Saving, UK Armed Forces and
    Local Money Saving - Wales boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to [email protected]. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

It's not about being the best -
    It's about being better than you were yesterday.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals