Time to get serious

Options

Comments

• EatingTheElephant
    Options
    Ah maybe they are conference then. You are right, a lovely tasty unexpected bonus! You can’t beat free food!
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    A whole month since I’ve updated, whoops.

Five more weeks left of the big contract, then I can have an easy December, before looking for another (hopefully) shorter one.

Building work is progressing. Slower than I expected but a lot less disruptive too, although our neighbour is still finding things to moan about. She’s a bit weird.

I’m more behind than usual with absolutely everything. In five weeks time though I should be able to get back on top of it all!

All money at the moment is being thrown at the extension. When it is finished it can all then be diverted to OPs. I cannot wait!
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Building work - you've just got to get through it any way you can, really, haven't you. Good luck!
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    Thank you KarmaCat, you are certainly right - we are just getting through it
    any way we can!
  • Moneyfordreams
    Options
    I'm with you on the building work... slow slow stop slow. can't wait to get overpaying hopefully next summer . (our new neighbours weird too) but still ok ish… very prim :o roll on 5 weeks for you :D
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    I have surfaced :D

A lot of work to do now to get back on top of the financials.

I think I was a bit diluded when I thought I would have loads of time to catch up when the big contract finished. Two weeks into not having to go into an office every day and I’m still behind, just not as behind as I was :rotfl:

Long story short, builders have finished now until we save more money, ground floor is built, watertight and useable as a space.
    We need to save, save, save. Firstly to pay back what we’ve borrowed to get this far, some from my mum and some on interest free CC and then to complete the extension.

Operation tighten belts is underway, where the first phase has been to chase up all those pesky customers which have not paid their invoices. I’m working my way through those now :D
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    :hello::hello::hello: Good to see you!

And yes, getting your paws (hoofs?) on the money that you're owed is the first step. Good luck!
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    Thank you KarmaCat, I hope you are well :)

Some money has starting coming in, so all going in the right direction.
  • Moneyfordreams
    Options
    [QUOTE=EatingTheElephant;75187722
    A lot of work to do now to get back on top of the financials.

Operation tighten belts is underway, :D[/QUOTE]

Same :D

Although I have a small kitchen diner not an extension :D

Best wishes to you and you bank account
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    Best wishes to you and you bank account

And to you too, we can do this :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business