Time to get serious

Options

Comments

• EatingTheElephant
    Options
    I’m not sure where to start today! The house is in chaos.

It’s been quite a spendy week, the builders did turn up, so skip and steels paid for, plus paying them weekly so we know how much money we have left. I don’t think they mind.

When we got back from the event Monday the sheep were in our field again :mad: we were absolutely shattered, so ended up going up there after work Tuesday and spent 4 hours fencing. I couldn’t even walk after that!!! It’s done now though.

Also meal out Wednesday night for DDs birthday, she’s still out celebrating over this weekend with her dad and friends, but our bit is done :)

Catching up with things today and then out tomorrow with the dogs. It’s a long trip tomorrow but I’m planning to put a chicken casserole in the slow cooker for when we get back. It feels like chicken casserole weather here!!

I need to check energy switching too at some point, but doubt that will be this weekend.
  • pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    You must be shattered:eek: Well done for staying so organised and happy birthday to your DD :D
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    Thank you PP :)

I’m trying to get all the washing done as it’s difficult getting it dry when the builders are here. They are making a lot of dust in the garden, which is to be expected! Three loads so far.

Also updated CP as had a couple of surveys waiting and bought some hiking trainers for walking the dogs. I’m trying a different brand this time as the last ones didn’t last very long (remembered to go through tcb as well :money:)
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    The builders are cracking on, the digger arrived this morning ready for digging foundations next week.

Time to crack on with the washing mountain whilst I can put it out!
  • jodles16
    jodles16 Posts: 1,477 Forumite
    Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Oh how exciting ETE, sounds like its all go!!

I will be following with excitement and interest now Im back!

Jodles :D
    MFW2020 #115 250/3000 J-250
    1% challenge- /1525
    Save 1k in 2020- /3000

Joining in UberFrugalMonthChallenge set up by the Frugalwoods!
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    I completely lost all of last weekend, I’m hoping this weekend will be a little less hectic :)

The extension is progressing, building inspector has been round and signed it off as started. There was a £690 charge we weren’t aware of, but it’s done now.

I decided at long last to buy the heated clothes airer. The weather has meant I haven’t been able to put the washing out, along with the fact the garden is a building site. I was getting worried I wouldn’t have any clothes to wear soon :rotfl:

We have a dog event today, then tomorrow I should be able to catch up and cross a few things off the list. I think I may need to harvest the pears off the pear tree soon, does anyone know when is the best time to harvest them?
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Wow, you're juggling a lot! Good for you for keeping even the dog events going - actually, they might feel like a bit of an anchor into your normal life, maybe? And a heated clothes airer sounds *so* sensible right now! Have a good weekend - sorry I can't help with the pears, though I always start with the RHS as my baseline:
    https://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/grow-your-own/fruit/pears
    HTH
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Are they conference pears? Mine started being ready a few weeks back - am planning on getting the last basketful or two off the tree this week (assuming the wind doesn't do it for me first! :D)

x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    Thank you KarmaCat and greent, I think I need to get a move on and get them picked! Maybe a job for today. I’m not sure if they are conference pears, they look like the colour of conference pears but are more rounded and not as elongated if that makes sense.
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    My conference are a little more 'squat' than usual this year - I've put that down to the dry Summer. However, whatever they are, am sure they'll be yummy - and an unexpected bonus! :)
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport