Time to get serious

Comments

• Haha I agree moneyfordreams - going back to work for a rest!!

Went and did a couple hours work for a customer today at their site then went to sains to pick up a few bits to get us through the week. A very rough meal plan done.

For the first time this year the washing is on the line :j. Not sure if it will dry as it is still quite cold and it has reminded me how much work needs doing in our garden. More things to add to the list!

Off to walk the dog in the sun shortly :)
  • jodles16
    jodles16 Posts: 1,477 Forumite
    Car Insurance Carver!
    Sorry about the car, glad you are ok though. At least you tried to get the washing out, we are still using the heated airer instead! Also it is that time of year where I switch from thinking of all the indoor jobs to thinking about all the outdoor jobs!! Too much to think about!!

Jodles :D
    MFW2020 #115 250/3000 J-250
    1% challenge- /1525
    Save 1k in 2020- /3000

Joining in UberFrugalMonthChallenge set up by the Frugalwoods!
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,915 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Just found diary. Loving the plans. Ten years ago I had a dream to buy a house in a rural place with the horses in the garden, and never thought it would be possible. And yet here we are with it owned outright. This board is amazing .....:)
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Watty1 wrote: »
    Just found diary. Loving the plans. Ten years ago I had a dream to buy a house in a rural place with the horses in the garden, and never thought it would be possible. And yet here we are with it owned outright. This board is amazing .....:)
    :T:T:T

Seconded - if you'd told me I'd be retired at 53 and living next to the sea in Spain I'd have laughed my socks off :rotfl:.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • Thank you for stopping by, I love hearing the impossible is possible :)

I've been struck down with the flu for the past week, so very behind with everything. Good job there is a 4 day weekend here to try to make a dent in the backlog!
    I'm still not quite at full speed though.
  • Kittenkirst
    Kittenkirst Posts: 2,563 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Awww bless you, do make sure you rest up plenty if you've been suffering with the flu!
    First home- Oct’16 until June’21: £170.995- Overpayments made £13,784 (25% extra!).
    New forever home- Sep’21 £309,449 @ 2.05%. Plan to clear it before 30 years!!!!!!
  • Thank you kittenkirst, lots of resting going on (which I find very frustrating!).

A load of washing went on the line yesterday and a bit of ironing done. Good job really as we were running out of clothes to wear :rotfl:
    I sat up the yard in the sun while DH walked the dog and listened to the birds singing.
    We've been invited round to SILs Sunday for lunch so said we would take desert. I would normally make something but may just pick up something this time.
  • Hello

:T Well done in clearing your mortgage and good luck for the saving goal. On this forum there are some incredible tips,it will help you find savings you didn't initially think of.

Regarding your wedding dress it may be worth looking at a dress agency if it's a brand rather than ebsy as you are likely to get more money. There are too many cheap imports that are brand new with very low prices
    Mortgage value was £135,000 now £43,218
    TCB total £1200
  • Thank you for stopping by LGP, I will take a look and see if there are any dress agencies around. I did look at the website of the local bride shop but nothing on there about preloved dresses.
    I will do some digging!!
  • Well done for clearing your mortgage and starting saving for phase 2 of your goal! I would love a smallholding but can't look that far ahead yet! I think this forum is teaching me that anything is possible though, good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure