Time to get serious

Options

Comments

• shangaijimmy
    Options
    I read them figures with a large gulp!
    MFW: Was: £136,000.......Now: £61,892.24......
    Mortgage Neutral Deficit: £43,082.90... Mortgage Neutral Savings: £18,809.34

MFiT-T6 #13 - £3,517 of £15,500 (22.69%)
    1% Mortgage Challenge 2022 - £157.59 of £650
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    I know! Sometimes I think it just isn't possible but I've seen great things achieved on here :)

I thought it would be tough to pay the £9400 remaining off the mortgage this year and it is gone already so I'm quite amazed really.

I've just received an offer on the horse rug. I'd put it on eBay as a BIN, there had been no interest on local horsey FB groups. I honestly thought I would have to wait until September to sell it now so really pleased. They've yet to pay but I'm optimistic.
  • PrincessLou
    Options
    Congratulations on paying off the mortgage! :j:j:beer:

Now the real fun begins...climbing the 300k mountain :T
    Mortgage - £105,500
  • jodles16
    jodles16 Posts: 1,477 Forumite
    Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    I am bouncing around excitedly for you, you have kicked your original goals butt!! I reckon though the 150k sounds soooo much (which it obviously is), you will definately be able to achieve it! Is it even more expensive to look at houses with land for horses than to do separately? My mum is a serial yard mover, she is always looking out for better stables, more land, better menage (eek spelling!!), closer to home more riding etc and will also look for good deals or where people will put your horses in and out for free if you cant get there. Think her current stables ticks most of her boxes and she has some really good friends there, they all help out which is nice, she dreams of horses in the garden though!

Jodles :D
    MFW2020 #115 250/3000 J-250
    1% challenge- /1525
    Save 1k in 2020- /3000

Joining in UberFrugalMonthChallenge set up by the Frugalwoods!
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    Thank you for your lovely comments Jodles, princess & SJ, I really appreciate it :)

You've just mentioned my biggest dilemma! What I really really want is a house with land.
    However, they are £££££££ so do I try and wait until I have enough or do I go for the 'cheaper' option of a field/yard within spitting distance of where I could live. It doesn't help that I feel time is ticking by, I've just turned 41. It would be silly if I waited until I was 60 as I may not be as able to have/enjoy the horses by then iyswim!

At least I don't need to make a decision yet as nowhere near being able to afford either.:rotfl:

I guess it will depend what is available when the money is saved!
    eBay buyer has paid, so £65 transferred to ISA :)
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    A crazy weekend of running around has left me feeling wiped out. Not much done on the money saving plans, however not much spent either :)

I have to do the meal plan and stock check the kitchen so I can update the shopping tonight as I have booked the slot for tomorrow.

The two boxes for eBay items that I have yet to list have now been found. So just the actual listing and photos to complete.

Logging into my online banking I was disappointed not to see my mortgage sccount with a big fat zero for the balance - it's just been removed from my list of accounts altogether!

Right off to try and find some energy.
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    A new month begins so a quick recap on where we are.

Mortgage (aim 0): £0/£9,400 (100%)
    ISA (aim £30,000): £641.92/£6,000 (11%)

:j:j
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    Meal plan all completed and shopping will be delivered today. The freezer is looking quite empty!

CP update also done yesterday.

Today I will take a top back which I was given for my birthday as it really doesn't suit me, so I hope they will exchange it.

I need to get something organised for Mother's Day too, but really struggling with ideas at the moment.
  • Kittenkirst
    Kittenkirst Posts: 2,563 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Fantastic news :D

Bit annoying they removed the account before you could see it with a zero, however will they send you a final statement? I'm sure that that'll produce the same excitement! :):)
    First home- Oct’16 until June’21: £170.995- Overpayments made £13,784 (25% extra!).
    New forever home- Sep’21 £309,449 @ 2.05%. Plan to clear it before 30 years!!!!!!
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    Thanks for stopping by kittenkirst, I've had a letter confirming the mortgage is paid but no statement! I'm still excited though :)

Monthly travel expenses were done last night, although shuffled over to DHs account to go towards the car bills. Top exchanged for something else, so I'm counting that as moneysaving too!
    Shopping has arrived so plenty of food in the house, much to DDs delight.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure