Comments

• reality_check
    Options
    Prolific!! It has came to me!!!
    Starting debt £18,675.63 :eek:
    Current debt: £5,000 (16/05/18)
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    How annoying about the purse, especially as it's such an expensive one!:mad: Good job you only had a small amount of cash in there though. No chance of claiming anything back on any insurances?

Can't be of help on doorbell/CCTV thingy, but I think you will certainly get a much better energy deal by switching.

I've found another good survey site is Optimum. You tend to get between 25p to 75p for each survey and need £25 before you can cash out - but they email me quite a bit with surveys so the time to payout rises quite quickly.
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • reality_check
    Options
    Thanks SSG I will sign up for that. Do you have a recommendation link? I know Prolific do, but not sure if others do...just in case you can get a bit of extra £££ and they are anonymous referral links I am sure.

I am one of those people who don't claim on insurance at a risk of it going up. I don't really believe in insurance in general, just do the standard home and car because you have to. I probably wouldn't have added personal belongings either. Still forever hopeful it will just appear!! xx
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Had a look at the site - I can refer but don't get anything for doing so! So just go to the link opiniumresearch.co.uk and set up an account.
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • reality_check
    Options
    Thanks, I will do. Checked Prolific several times over the past few days, up to date with all the eligibility questions but still not had anything.

Does anyone read a diary of a girl on here called Poor Single Lady?! I know she started a new one, but can't seem to find it. She's possibly deleted it or I never signed up to her new one and that's why can't find her xx
  • monz
    monz Posts: 4,129 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud! Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    She deleted it. Beccs or something. Her bf saw her post xx
    Debt (1/9/14) £6,702.11 Debt free (30/11/2016) mortgage port- £70,077.82 and mortgage £126,517.39 o/s currently
    Debt - £17,190.83 (29/7/22) now (19/8/22) £16,688.80
  • reality_check
    Options
    Thanks Monz.

I still can't switch energy providers as annoyingly British Gas cancelled my Hive appointment and now coming next Tuesday. You need to be a customer to get the discounted price so I won't switch until it's installed. You get a free Echo dot, not the latest one but that doesn't bother me, I am going to give it to Mr Reality for Xmas. We have a really good Samsung one in the open kitchen/living room space that we use currently but if we want to hear it upstairs we need to blast it loudly so the whole street can hear! So this will be good for using if we want music up there.

Spending not going great as have booked quite a few Christmas activities. Work night out, panto tickets, a visit to Santa's grotto and a Christmas breakfast activity...so no cost when they come around but a big outlay right now. Also going to buy my mum & dad, OH mum and dad and his sister & husband an overnight away somewhere nice for their Christmas. The above people are our childcare and they don't take a penny for it so I would like to get them a luxury stay away somewhere. Going to have a look on sites like Groupon - just need to check the T&C's and make sure it's not week day only things as can't leave myself with a babysitter :rotfl:

I am in full on Christmas mode. Cleaning the house and planning everything, although I have only started on my eldest daughter's gifts. I am normally an online shopper and spend one day in the shops and blast through it so not too worried about that. We are hosting Christmas this year and I am cooking for 16 people :eek:

I know this is all nothing really about debt busting so probably not appropriate, I am spending rather than saving! But it's just the time of year so rather than wait until January at least this is loosely on my mind and hopefully help me not to go too overboard! xxx
  • reality_check
    Options
    Ohhh I also forgot to say I am going to me a GLAM-ma...need to find something to call myself as I am not being called Grandma/Nan/Gran at 36! :rotfl::eek::rotfl::eek:

My (step) son and his gf are having a baby early next year. I mentioned him a little bit at the start of my diary a few years ago and how he went a bit off the rails. He has been in my life since he was a baby and sadly his mum passed away when he was 17. He inherited a lump sum of money and spent it all on holidays/living it up/not turning up for work, for a few years and had nothing to show for it. He lived with me for a while a year or so ago and luckily my ex husband is an electrician so he got him on an apprenticeship and he finally got him all qualified and they now work together.

Anywayyy fast forward a few years, he has met a lovely girl, they bought a house last year and now a little baby is on the way :D I really don't feel old enough! So I am going to be 36 with a 21 year old child, a 1 year old and a grandchild :rotfl: They have found out they are having a little girl so that's handy as I have lots of stuff to pass on and have so far resisted buying too much, but I still do get tempted every time I am in places like Sainsburys, Tesco as supermarkets do such lovely kids clothes these days. Luckily I mostly shop in Aldi and Lidl so this has restrained me! xx
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,204 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Ooh, that's exciting! Congratulations! :)
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons, dress 7 coupons = 12/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • reality_check
    Options
    Not been on this much as nothing to report. Feel like I don't know what else to write in this anymore because I technically didn't pay my debt off from hard work, when we got married we combined everything and cleared off my debt. So my debt advice would be get on Tinder and find a man!

Have been living within my means, for once in my life! So much easier with no debt and 2 incomes coming in, long may it last!

Have however booked a bit of a luxury holiday, going on a cruise and it has came in at just under £5,000 so really need to start paying that off. It is on an interest free credit card until December 2020 but really don't want to just pay the minimum. I have just set the minimum to £275 for 19 months which would clear it but be good to pay off more if I can.

My son and his gf had a little baby in Feb so been spending lots of time getting all the new born baby cuddles which I am very much enjoying especially when can hand them back!

I may start a saving diary because as much as I am not in debt, I am spending what comes in and not really saving. My husband is far better and has set up direct debits for a saving fund but it is quite minimal and we really could commit to more if we cut back.

Not a lot else to say, hope you are all well, if anyone sees this! xxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills