Reality Check...

Options

Comments

• Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,205 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Brilliant to hear the CCs are gone - and you have a full year off with the baby (and nearly full wages)! It's looking good. :)
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons, dress 7 coupons = 12/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • Rachel24
    Rachel24 Posts: 214 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Reality that is amazing! You also got married too in New York too. I’ve loved reading your journey xx
  • reality_check
    Options
    I know, I do feel lucky that with my job I get such a good maternity package compared to some places or it wouldn’t really be an option.

I have signed up to some baby Rhythm Time at my local library, it is free and a good way to meet some mum friends, that is on every Tuesday morning. I’ve taken out 6 library books, far too ambitious but I told myself in 2018 I would go to bed earlier, put my phone down and read every night, so far I have achieved this….0 nights and it’s now the 18th!

Spent £55 on a skirt the other day, probably shouldn’t have but it was within my personal spending budget so at least it was guilt (ish) free. Food budget is completely under control and can probably get to Sunday without spending, will need to buy a chicken on Sunday for a roast but have been good this week and eating out the freezer/cupboards. Bonus of the bad weather makes you just want to stay at home.

My gas direct debit has tripled! It was very low and I have had my heating on constantly since November but I think my deal has ended so should get around to getting my usage and shopping about for a better deal.

xxx
    Starting debt £18,675.63 :eek:
    Current debt: £5,000 (16/05/18)
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,205 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    My gas direct debit has tripled! It was very low and I have had my heating on constantly since November but I think my deal has ended so should get around to getting my usage and shopping about for a better deal.

:eek: That's scary. You could end up on Martin's news letter with one of those 'I saved a fortune' stories. :)

Mind you I'd have the heating on more with a baby around.

P.S. Meant to say that's really good going about the food bills. :)
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons, dress 7 coupons = 12/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • reality_check
    Options
    It was always far too low, which I told them but they wouldn't change it so probably just paying for those low months now, but still annoying to see it go up.

My mortgage rate is about to increase as my 2 year deal is ending, I must must call them tomorrow!! Going up by about £48 as going from 2.8% to 3.99% interest rate, but done an online calucation and with same lender and no fees it is offering me a 1.7% for 2 years so very worth my while calling. I tried to a few weeks ago but takes 45 minutes and didnt have time then.

I have started a crazy diet...I am only on day 3 and even the dog food looks appealing to me!! I stopped breast feeding a few weeks ago and now I really want to drop about half a stone. My ideal weight is 8 and a half stone (I'm only 5'2) right now I am 9 stone 2. My friend done this diet and lost 8lb and 13 inches in 2 weeks so fingers crossed! I know it's a quick fix but this is what I want!!

Made about £85 from affiliated links/instagram stuff and hoping to earn £15 in surveys before the end of the month to put aside for Sophie's birthday. I forgot my Prolific password...when I click on the link to resend it it says it has but nothing comes through! Have emailed them and they have ignored me! I am sure I have some money sitting in there to transfer out so very annoying!! :mad::mad::mad:
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    What diet are you on! I’m doing the 5:2 - lost 8lb so far but I’ve got what actually feels and weighs like tons to lose so it’s not going to be a couple of weeks job!:(
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • reality_check
    reality_check Posts: 752 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 29 January 2018 at 3:38PM
    Options
    It's the Cambridge diet SSG, it is pretty horrific but you sort of get used to it. Works out at £2.13 a product and you either have 2 a day with a 200 cal meal being 100g of lean protein and 100g of salad/green veg or you can cut out food completly and have 3 products. I swear Mr Reality who is normally a picture of good health and eats so healthy has upped his takeaway/chocolate/alcohol consumption in the last few weeks to wind me up!! I had a slip up at the weekend and had steak, chips, peppercorn sauce and a few drinks, oh and a twirl but lost 6lb!!! So going to try another week....fingers crossed!! Probably gain it all back when I eat normally again :rotfl: I like the 5:2 diet, I found it easiest when at work and either skipping breakfast or just having some tea, soup for lunch and saving as many calories as I could for dinner at night, but my weekend always let me down and I go wayyy over!! So tried to do it Monday to Thursday on the 500-600 cals to account for this. So hard being at home, I have no self control!! How you getting on with it? 8lb so far is great!! xxx
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,723 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I got off to a good start reality but last week seemed to derail somewhat so I put 1lb on when I weighed in on Monday!:mad: Not very happy with myself. I really find it hard this time of year to diet what with the cold and the dark, but that's no excuse I know.

You've done really well! I remember going on the Cambridge Diet back in the 80s when it first came out. Lost the 8lb I wanted to fairly quickly. Wouldn't mind, but looking back I really didn't need to lose it! Love to be that slim again....:(

Are you still going to the baby exercise classes - the one where you all run with your buggies?
    🌟
  • reality_check
    Options
    It's always the weekends...I saw something on Facebook saying ‘If weekends didn't exist I would be thin!’. You've still lost 7lb, imagine you even done just half of that every month, come Christmas with your 7lb you would be over 3 stone lighter!

I have stopped pram fit but met 2 friends and we meet up to do our own version once a week, but we aren't very motivated without the instructor and is more a leisurely walk, but still getting the steps in and some fresh air, plus doesn’t cost anything.

Still not switched my energy, but that is a job for this week! Also need to shop around for some annual holiday insurance xxx
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,723 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Thank you! Your comment puts my weight loss/gain into a more positive, better perspective!

Re pramt fit - as you say, at least you are getting out and about and you and little reality are in the fresh air!

Travel insurance - I hate getting mine these days - it's always such a faff as I have to declare pre-existing medical conditions and can't use the full range of insurers on the comparison sites.

Good luck with the energy switch!
    🌟
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income