Reality Check...

Options

Comments

• Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    Late to the party but Congratulations Reality. This is absolutely lovely to read about.

I love the sound of your wedding, it's so romantic And beautiful. Glad you are pleased with your rings too. Xxx
    2017- 5 credit cards plus loan
    Overdraft And 1 credit card paid off.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • MangoSis
    Options
    Hi., I too have debts, not as much but more than enough (£16k)!!! I contacted a company Debt Angels and now have an IVA for all my debts (Inc. Rent arrears & tax credits)!! I pay £100 per month & I finally feel in control and can 'breathe-! Do your research, call someone for advice but do something! Stress is no good for your health. Wishing you the best.
  • reality_check
    Options
    Thank you PSL, hope you're good and all sorted for Christmas!

I am in full cleaning mode right now, does anyone else ridiculously clean their house for christmas?! Cleaning all inside the kitchen cupboards, sorting out wardobes, drawers etc....finally there with all that just the general cleaning to do and wash the windows and clean the oven.

Presents all wrapped and looking forward to having a relaxing Christmas eve for once, it is so hard when you normally need to juggle full time work with all of this! xxx
    Starting debt £18,675.63 :eek:
    Current debt: £5,000 (16/05/18)
  • reality_check
    Options
    I have a sore head this morning, was out for my work Christmas night out last night, all paid for apart from £15 I gave for my contribution to the taxi home. It was a great night but I am just so so glad I am not in work like the rest of them!

I got my nails done this morning, so that was a spend of £20 and then going to the Christmas markets tonight with...my husband ;) my daughter and her bf are looking after the baby :eek: I will have my phone on standby, they haven't been left alone, but are more than capable and been around her loads. Won't be buying any of the junk at the stalls (I am sure lots of people find it lovely!) but will be eating the overpriced food and mulled wine.

Paid my car tax the other day....ran out of the 1st!!! I would like to blame baby brain, but this happened last year too, and has actually happened before this with the old tax discs too, god knows what my problem is! I was even fined last year when a camera caught me but even that wasn't enough to remind me this year!! Luckily no fines.

Forgot to get a present for my dog walker!! I went through everyone a million times and was sure nobody was missed...today was his last day, so ended up just giving him £20 which is like a double payment on his £10 a walk and all the cash I had on me, a bottle of baileys, chocolate orange and a selection box. Planned to get him a £50 voucher so at least I saved some money! Being unorganised can help sometimes...xxx
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    There’s always one you miss isn’t there! Still your dog walker should be very pleased!

I hope all the Reality family has a wonderful Christmas!

:xmastree:
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • reality_check
    Options
    Thanks SSG, hope you had a great Christmas, I hope everyone did.

Ours was lovely and relaxed, sad it's all over. All that build up for one day, crazy really.

Years ago I would have been the first person out at the boxing day sales, couldn't think of anything worse! Going to venture out the house today for some lunch, not left since Christmas eve, well other than a walk yesterday. I have ate and drank far too much, this morning my body was craving something healthy. Had some green tea, porridge and some fruit, probably be back on the cheese and wine later, but good intentions. are there and better than the full english I had planned xxx
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Glad you had a lovely day Reality.

Have to agree with you about the Boxing Day sales! Also feel that I should at least try a healthy breakfast too - I’ve eaten so much rich food over the last month! Porridge is a very good idea!
    🌟
  • Rachel24
    Options
    I can’t handle any bad food. Still had desserts left from Christmas Day and I had to bin them. Just couldn’t handle them anymore! Hope you had a lovely Christmas reality. I love Christmas but looking forward to a new year and getting these debts paid off!!xx
  • reality_check
    Options
    Rachel24 wrote: »
    I can’t handle any bad food. Still had desserts left from Christmas Day and I had to bin them. Just couldn’t handle them anymore! Hope you had a lovely Christmas reality. I love Christmas but looking forward to a new year and getting these debts paid off!!xx

I don't have that motivation...not yet anyway! Come the 2nd I will get all the crap out the house, i'll ship if off to my son or my daughters bf, they can eat and eat and not gain a pound.

I'm also lookng forward to focusing on my debt and getting rid of it once and for all!

Taking all the decs down today, looking forward to giving the house a good clean! xxx
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    I hope you and your family have a fantastic New Year’s Eve Reality and a prosperous and happy 2018.

SSG x
    🌟
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income