Reality Check...

Options

Comments

• reality_check
    Options
    No baby updates other than I look like the size of a baby elephant and I am roasting hot constantly! Other than that, I feel great, just tired. I am sat at my desk in work with slippers on, only putting my shoes on when need to actually go meet appointments, not sure how much longer these 5 inch heels will last, time to hang them up soon! xx
    Starting debt £18,675.63 :eek:
    Current debt: £5,000 (16/05/18)
  • reality_check
    Options
    Pay day is here and all budgets replenished. Only managed to make a payment of £350 towards Barcalys but might be able to make a few extra payments throughout the month – fingers crossed I can. Booked Brighton and cost £506 for 3 nights – the place is so so expensive!!! I have no money for my MOT but the girl who bought the dress gave me £50 last night so that covers the cost, and girl for the purse is coming tonight so I am hoping my repairs come to no more than £120, probably wishful thinking as I 100% need a new tyre. I have £63 clearing in PayPal right now from surveys – can’t believe it, so will use this money for a new tyre.

I have also bought a voucher for a gel manicure and pedicure for a little treat before the baby comes in hope to help look a little semi presentable, so that was £35 and I have also booked in for waxing in 2 weeks, it is on a deal but still costing me £45 but that’s half price for absolutely everything, which is worth it in these circumstances ie childbirth!

My sister came over last night and bought me lovely pyjamas to wear in hospital and a really nice wash bag full of little mini toiletries that will be perfect for taking in with me.

Have a good weekend everyone xxx
  • kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    RC I started reading your diary last night after seeing your comment on mine and I couldn't stop reading, it's amazing how far you have come and so exciting that you are about to meet your new little one!

Have a lovely weekend :D x
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • AspiringButAnxious
    Options
    Hey rc, thought I'd stop by and do some catching up! Glad all is well with you and the baby — and I'm sure you'll cope brilliantly, whenever she decides to arrive! :D
    Rainy day fund — 210/1000 Emergency fund — 1019/1500
    Loan — 424/19,224 = 2.2% Fun fund: 1/100 Credit card balance — 0
  • reality_check
    Options
    Hey Kirsty - I wouldn't waste time reading from the start, I think I made about a million different plans and strategies to pay off the debt and stuck to none :rotfl: it will give you some tips on what not to do though!

Thanks ABA, I am glad she never made an early appearance, but hoping not a late one either!

Was my baby shower at the weekend and had such a lovely lovely time. My sister put in so much effort organising it all and was so nice having all my friends together and everyone was so generous. I haven't went overboard at all with buying stuff, partly because my friend has gave me 4 bin bags full of basically new clothes from 0-12 months, and yesterday I was given so so much. Without buying much myself, with all I have been given it is probably far too much, I hate to think how much stuff and how much I would have spent so far had this happened a few years ago.

Monday has come around too quick again! Only a 4 day week as off for a pregnancy massage on Friday. Hoping to have a low/no spend Monday-Thursday. Have a good week everyone xxx
  • reality_check
    Options
    Booked my car in for it's MOT just there for the 31st - day 1 of my maternity leave! The dress and bag both sold over the weekend so I have £170 cash aside for this, doubt will cover it as MOT's are always expensive!!

The sun is back in Manchester, which means work will get busy! All these people buying fancy cars mid week are in the right job, plenty money and never at work!! x x
  • reality_check
    Options
    OMG this weather is far too hot! Too hot for working anyway...fine for sitting in the garden with a nice ice cold glass of wine!

Spent £7 on lunch today. Wasn't organised so went to M&S and that got me a sandwich £3.20, can of diet coke 70p, some reduced rasberries 90p, reduced yoghurt 40p, reduced humous 90p and some carrot sticks £1- godness knows what full price would have been, that was expensive enough!! Also nearly popped into Costa for an iced cofee but the queue was too long, easily have been another £3. I am so glad these daily £10 lunches are a thing of the past. Must be more organised tomorrow xx
  • reality_check
    reality_check Posts: 752 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 18 July 2017 at 3:15PM
    Options
    Made a £50.00 Barclays payment there.

Debt as follows -

Loan - £7,000
    Credit card - £1,450

I'd like to pay another £4,000 before the end of the year, pay my home insurance outright, car tax also due this half of the year and survive Christmas credit card free.

My plan is -

August £1,000 towards debt + home insurrance
    September £1,000 towards debt
    October £1,000 towards debt
    Novemeber £1,000 for everything Christmas related (presents, food, tree, nights out) + car tax
    December £1,000 towards debt

Meaning I would be going into 2018 with £4,450 of debt....lets see how this all works out!!
  • reality_check
    Options
    Also this needs to work out, as next year my daughter is 21, she also graduates from uni, my friend is getting married in Spain in May which I am bridesmaid for so need to go, her hen is also in March which is a weekend away, we would also like to go away on holiday before I am back to work, sooooo an expensive year ahead!! Plus clearning off £4,450 and not getting into any debt for the above!

I will stop with all these posts one after the other, just writing down my thoughts xxx
  • reality_check
    reality_check Posts: 752 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 20 July 2017 at 11:48AM
    Options
    We had a takeaway last night £28, OH paid but still wasn't needed I just couldn't be bothered to cook, but it was really nice from my favourite indian restaurant. As usual I over estimated how hungry I was so have loads left over!

Today is my Friday :) off round to my friends for a catch up tonight and then tomorrow I am going for a pregnacy massage. It is a gift from 2 of my friends, who are also coming and had a look on the website and my package is costing £155.00 so I will probably treat them to lunch after as a thank you, hopefully get a lunch time deal somwhere!

Someone in work give me a £25.00 Pets at Home voucher that he won as said he won't use it, didn't want money for it so will need to buy him some beer as a thank you. My dog is booked in for a hair cut start of August and costs £40 with £5 tip so £45, Pets at Home is £40 with £5 off offer running and with my gift card will only end up costing me £10! I do like the usual lady I go to, but I'm sure this will be just as good and needs must with the money saving!

Have spent £303.00 on my credit card last night! Went a bit ASOS crazy with new clothes that I plan to fit into post baby for going away in August. I am sure 90% will have to go back....I regret buying them all ready! Also need to stop adding things into my Net-a-porter wishlist, this is 100% not a budget friendly website ie £290 for a cute swimming costume https://www.net-a-porter.com/gb/en/product/913346/karla_colletto/cold-shoulder-ruffled-printed-swimsuit £295 for this lovely playsuit https://www.net-a-porter.com/gb/en/product/863870/Miguelina/magda-broderie-anglaise-ginham-cotton-playsuit and a spare £995 would be handy for this jumpsuit https://www.net-a-porter.com/gb/en/product/896890/Roksanda/margot-crepe-jumpsuit- and I love anything with a frill, but not at £238 and that's already half price!! https://www.net-a-porter.com/gb/en/product/859261/MSGM/ruffled-striped-cotton-poplin-jumpsuit Perhaps I will just leave pages like this open https://www.net-a-porter.com/gb/en/product/953549/Chloe/suede-wedge-espadrilles with these shoes that maybe Mr Marine will spot for a little push present!!

Anywayyy, back to work and enough dreaming! The reality is I will be in leggings, trainers and accessorising with baby sick! xxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family