Milann's life keeps getting in the way.......

Comments

• milann
    milann Posts: 10,564 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I’ve just found some chair yoga and will investigate Jo Wicks too....thanks everyone. My gym has a tai chi session too so I will check that out too.
    January spends - £587.58
  • milann
    Not much to report really. No spends since weekend 👍 (I do miss Martins spinning money saving emoji)
    I’ve researched some savings accounts and Halifax looks favourable to me as I have my bank account with them. I was going to open it but they were working on the webpage so will go back later and hope the offer is still on. Not fantastic but it was 1% interest for a regular saving account some were fractions of percentage.
    I’ve been in virtual meetings at work today which made a nice change....luckily all I had to do was turn up and and say my bit and not do anything techie.....somebody else sorted that 👍😀 This afternoon was laminating some items for the classroom for next term....the ancient school laminator decided to eat my paper...so I had to go grovelling to the office staff and confess. I felt so guilty- it was soon sorted though. I’m sure anything technical rubs it’s hands in glee when it sees me approaching and there’s a pact to see how much it can mess whatever I’m doing. 
    All being well we’re travelling to see dd and gks the weekend after next. I’m getting quite giddy at the thought....hopefully there’ll be no local lockdown.
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,118 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Excellent news on visit to DD & DGK's  :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,230 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    You’re not going to get any decent interest rates for savings at the moment. I’m with the Halifax and do the Regular Monthly Saver, the interest rate is about the best going right now, better than nothing. Glad you’ll get to see DD and the GKs 👍😁
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • milann
    Not much to report really.
    We went for a lovely walk today. There’s an old Roman city about a 45 minutes drive from me. I’ve been many times before but have always stayed in the centre, walked along the walls and stayed by the popular part of the river. But today we walked along the river away from the centre - it was a very pleasant surprise - we walked right by the side of the racecourse along a lovely river path then onto the canal towpath and walkways which took us a circular route around. There were very few people where we were although the centre was busy. They’d coned some of the roads to make bigger pedestrian areas in the town. We bought lunch from subway (I had salad 😇) and sat on a bench by the popular part of the river listening to a very entertaining busker eating it - obviously a very talented guy who is used to entertaining professionally but there are no theatres or pubs for him to work atm. He earned the coins I threw in his hat. We had a ride on a boat for 1/2 an hour - we passed some beautiful  houses - how the other half live 😂. It was very well organised with Perspex between seats and some seats cordoned off. The windows were wide open. There were only 5 couples on the whole of the boat. I felt as safe as I could be and it was good to get out and do something normal. We passed many pubs some were still closed but the ones that were open weren’t crammed and there were plenty of  empty outside tables. Folks seemed to be taking care. We came home for tea as I had no desire to go in anywhere really. I’d enjoyed what I’d done virtually all outside with distancing observed. So it was a six mile walk with plenty of rest stops. It was a tad windy and once or twice there was an odd raindrop and black sky but it blew over until we got home - now it’s persisting down💨🌧☔️ It can rain all it wants now I’m tucked up inside 😀

January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,118 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Glad that you had a good day  :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • What beanie said
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,230 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Sounds like you had a lovely day yesterday. Well done on the weight loss, you can do it 😀
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure