Forum Home» Phones & TV» Mobiles

Official Vodafone Complaints/Query Thread - Page 65

New Post Advanced Search
We are currently experiencing a high volume of spam and have increased the sensitivity of our spam filters. This could mean that genuine posts may get caught. If you believe this has happened to one of your posts, please email the Forum team on [email protected] As always, we are really grateful for your patience whilst we get this sorted - which we'll do as soon as possible.
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Official Vodafone Complaints/Query Thread

edited 20 January 2016 at 10:36AM in Mobiles
1.3K replies 261.1K views

Replies

• VodafoneVodafone Organisation Representatives - Private Messages may not be monitored
    4.3K posts
    Hi Joem1992,

We've received your email and a member of our team will be in touch as soon as possible regarding your issue.

Thanks,

Nathan

Social Media Operations

Vodafone UK
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to [email protected] This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • edited 8 October 2016 at 5:10PM
    Shady45Shady45 Forumite
    3 posts
    edited 8 October 2016 at 5:10PM
    Found this thread when trying to find out if I was the only one Vodafone seemed to be punishing at the moment :D

I will start off by saying I have been a customer of Vodafone for around 15 years, we have three numbers on the account. I have usually had no issues over this time and the signal is good. However, in the last two years their service has been shockingly bad. I have never experience such disrespectful and incompetent service in honesty. I have only ever complained to one company in my lifetime - that being Vodafone when having issues last time!

I have spent around 12-13 hours trying to sort out Vodafone issues in the last week. First a lovely fella contacted my mother and refused to speak to me (even though I am named on the account with a password, allowing me to talk about contract details) and made out to her that if she did not agree contracts with him, we would lose the three numbers on the account.

So my mother, admittedly knowing very little about phones and what a 'GB' even is was sold contracts to apparently save us money. When I later looked in to the details - all three renewed contracts worked out more than what they previously were.

So then the numerous phone calls had to begin. These have varied from just being passed around different departments numerous times, agreeing contracts and later finding out they have not been applied, getting hung up on when asking for things in writing.

Finally thought we were getting somewhere with all contracts agreed. Then my phone is disconnected as Vodafone 'mistakenly' deleted my number, leaving it as 'not recognised' when people tried to phone me. Again numerous phone calls, being told different things by various people. So I was 6 days without a phone before it was activated again, albeit without my entertainment package.

Then I found out that the contracts agreed for the other two numbers on the account have not been actioned. So here I am, still trying to sort these out and getting nowhere. In addition, to re-activate my Spotify I was provided a link and told that even though it says it is a 9.99 subscription, to ignore it as it is automatically generated and can't be changed. I was assured there would be no subscription costs. When speaking to someone else later in the day, they told me that this was wrong and to delete that subscription as it will charge me.

So as we stand, still neither of the three numbers on the account are sorted. A lot of time, money lost and frustration - still getting nowhere.

As said, I have been a 'loyal' Vodafone customer for a number of years and this is the treatment you can get. I always defended Vodafone saying I had no problems with them and that the signal is good. Whilst the signal may be good, the customer service is utterly appalling.
  • mobilejunkiemobilejunkie Forumite
    8.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why does all that sound so familiar over the last few YEARS? Obviously didn't read any of this thread....
  • VodafoneVodafone Organisation Representatives - Private Messages may not be monitored
    4.3K posts
    Hi Shady45,

So we can look into this issue for you, please email us via the Contact us form here.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "MSE Forum".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post it on here and we'll check we've received it.

Thanks,

Nathan

Social Media Operations

Vodafone UK
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to [email protected] This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • I am not even a Vodafone customer and am affected by their incompetence. I am receiving bills for someone who does not live at my home. This has been going on for nearly a year. I have marked the bills "return to sender" and put them in the post box. Still the bills come. I have now twice called Vodafone about this complaining and giving the account details and the fact no one of that name lives here. I was assured I would receive no more bills. Yet I have just had one come in the post again yesterday.

I will now simply shred them???
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • Hi,

Thanks. I have done this. Although I have not received an automated reply yet.

I did reference the forum and post number in the message.
    4.3K posts
    Hi Shady45,

Please check your spam/junk folder as the email may have gone there.

If the email is not in your spam/junk folder, please submit the form again but limit the characters you put into the 'Question' box as this can sometimes stop the form being sent off.

Thanks,

Nathan

Social Media Operations

Vodafone UK
  • mobilejunkiemobilejunkie Forumite
    8.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    As always Vodafone is a shambles - it doesn't make that clear when you take the time and trouble to fill it in or recover what you wrote as I recall.
  • dazzaofdagenhamdazzaofdagenham Forumite
    1.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    I knew it was to good to be true.

Was on 'online chat' to retentions on 12 sep 2016 about adding roaming onto my account...after seeing there promotion about free roaming on PAYG....they wanted to extend my contract for another 12 months some declined that..

Then asked about a data sim for a iPad...got a offer of ten pounds for 10gb of data on a 12 month contract and cheekily asked for first month free.. ( that was agreed ) outstanding deal I thought....renewed my faith in Vodafone I thought....ill pass this news onto my friends I thought..

Oh no...got bill yesterday and been charged full price for it and no credit for first month free.

Why did I bother
  • DandDand Forumite
    1 posts
    Hi. Have just registered on this site to try and get some help. Looks like I'm about to enter a world of trouble with 'porting' my old number from Tesco mobile to a new phone on Vodafone. I have a reference number following the instructions in the first post

Is this all I need to do for now?

I'm more than annoyed at the situation so far having been told in advance it would take "one working day", and have been lied to already by vodafone support. The latest is the 'porting' of my number is "stuck" and only "half complete", whatever that means and it will take another "3 days". This is totally unacceptable as the number I need is for my freelance business, and my old phone now has no network. I am completely un-contactable by phone. Please help asap.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support