We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Entertaining Lovely Information Travels Elegantly

Options

Comments

• mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    My shopping mojo seems to have left the building - not been to boots or bothered with any of the sales, not even online.

I had to go to the post office so oh insisted we go to a supermarket on Tuesday so we ended up with a few bits from aldi - I think I've only spent £10 all week. Every meal this week has been store cupboard and freezer meal and as I have not got a clue what we had in stock it was very nice discovering fish pie in the freezer and the reduced pizzas I had forgotten all about but best of all was the lovely Maldon salt free crisps :D

We only got back from hols on Sunday so I really should not be too harsh on ourselves yet, things will kick into place before long
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Anon wrote: »
    Turkey mince still glitching on Thursday evening:

4x ASDA Butcher's Selection British Lean Turkey Mince (500G) £14.00 £8.00 AvM

Paid £2.45 each, 500g, buy in 2s, match £7v£4, £3.40 return on £4.90 spend (plus fillers - cheese works ;))

To check if it should still glitch, like the cheese add one to your basket on the A app or website - if it is still there in the background it tells you to add another item to complete the multi deal.

Wonders out loud if there are any other multis lurking on items that keep changing from high individual price/multi to low individual price like the cheese?

Hth

Anon
    Thanks but thought this was v T or is it both or deffo just M please
    tia :)
  • andi123
    andi123 Posts: 517 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Suspicious account activity

Dear ,

Someone login to your account from : (212.55.XXX.XXX)

Now what makes me think this isn't a genuine email from PayPal:rotfl:

Iv had exactly the same email, must be a scam
  • mhoc
    Options
    Tw1nb0ys wrote: »
    Good evening / morning everyone.

Not sure if this has been mentioned?

Remember the whole Hotpoint recall thing on the tumble driers? I got an email today from Hotpoint basically saying it is taking them a long time to get round to everyone with an engineer to fix them. They gave me an unique code I could use to find out my estimated date an engineer would be available.

However when I clicked through to find my date I had an alternative option. If I didn't want to wait I could have a new tumble drier at a discounted price. They would come and swap my old one and give me a new one with a 12 month warranty.

I have had my tumble drier since 2011 and use it a lot. The cost of using it is in my mind justified in the amount of time it saves me in ironing.

This offer was not mentioned in the email and can be withdrawn at anytime. The offer was only visible once I had clicked through. I was offered a new dryer for £59 including delivery and installation ( yes I know it's not difficult)

Yes I know I have spent £59 and to just wait for the repair would have been free but I thought it was a good deal as Mine has already seen over 4 years service.

Anyway might be of interest to some?

Hope all are well.

This is a mad idea but I am wondering if as well as selling you a cheap tumble dryer they will still mend the old one for free?
    If so and you have space then the mended one could sit in your garage as an emergency spare.
    Having spares of electricals if you have the space saves a lot of stress. We came back from holiday on Sunday to a dead microwave but I had a boxed new one sat on top of eldests child's wardrobe for about 5 years at least so that saved the day.

Also maybe you could sell the repaired old one on Amazon local or your local Freecycle page - maybe not get much but still might get something

Or even just put the repaired one on your local Freecycle or streetlife page
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • mhoc
    Options
    Mycoupons has 260 points to buy 15 cans of Fosters :eek: and 50 points for buying Kopparberg cider in strawberry and lime. I think it's those cidre purchases triggering these.

And triple points for spending £50?

No chance, Mr. Sainsbury. :rotfl:

Weather-wise, we have thunder....

I also had the Koppaberg one on mycoupons - I used cidre MOCs just once in Sainsbobs.

So now I am thinking that if we want extra points on certain sections of groceries perhaps we need to buy one branded item in that section and then just wait and see what happens :)
  • miss_corerupted
    Options
    Thanks ok. I thought so but I was standing in front of the Turkey and had a mind block. I took a chance and got it though ��
    I have dyslexia, so get used to my spelling and grammar :)
    Mortgage pay off date 11/2028. Target 12/2020 :rotfl:
    Current Balance £33921
    Declutter 2123/2016
  • Sarahdol75
    Sarahdol75 Posts: 7,717 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Sorry missed yesterday completely, Happy birthday to anyone I missed.

Well after getting the good news about my nephew wanting contact.

My OH went up like a bottle of pop at me, said it not my place to contact him or get in touch, it should be his brother, the thing is his brother is in a real bad place at the moment, just been diagnosed with some mental illness. My mum and dad, wont speak to the dad of my nephew, because of the upset it caused so they asked me to get in touch and arrange a meeting, which I was happy to do.

My other half doesnt see it like that, and I am furious with him, as its my family and my sisters child and I need to help my family out and I want to see him, after all this time.

I cant get through to him to explain my reasons.

So unfortunately we are not on speaking terms.
  • mhoc
    Options
    fairclaire wrote: »
    Anything would be suitable that didn't require finger separating :rotfl: I can't write a description that does it justice on here. The minute the glove touches his hand his fingers snap together and won't budge. It must be a sensory thing. He has hands like shovels :eek: hence the need for a mans size.

I also had to tell him off tonight about sweet wrappers in his bedroom. He's so tall I had to put my head at a 45 degree angle to make eye contact. it really does affect my authority :rotfl:

This is a very interesting thing about the mittens - I can imagine all the cloth separating his fingers in gloves would be very difficult for him to tolerate.
    But only being able to wear mittens means he can't wear thick gardening gloves for doing manual things outside.
    And he won't be able to wear latex gloves for working in kitchens so this will affect what sort of things he can manage in his adult life.
  • mhoc
    Options
    fairclaire wrote: »
    I loved today and I was just in full swing all by myself when OH arrived home from work......I've not been on here much to say but he has stepped up and has a proper job now. It's at the place I work at with other ex-servicemen :whistle: but he goes most days and is earning a good wage.

I was quite annoyed at being told I'd done too much :o I felt OK but I'm aware that others worry about me so I came in. it's a great big learning curve that Im not on my own with.
    There is something very sobering about seeing another person's concerns for you. For me anyway. I'm not used to being the one that's being worried about. it's nice that I am worried about but I'd prefer it if I wasn't

This is massive news, your Oh now doing a proper job, such a major step forward
  • Sarahdol75
    Sarahdol75 Posts: 7,717 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Busylizzie wrote: »
    ......Oh, and DD1 has got her first full time job :j:j She's been working as a barmaid since she left college last summer but has now been offered a job at our local children's nursery and they will train her for her NVQ's. She went in for a session with the children and the staff said they'd never seen anyone get on so well with the children right from the start. Best of all its two minutes walking distance from our house :)

:j:j Congratulations to your daugher :j:j
    rhosynbach wrote: »
    Just been trying to read back, and I know its a bit late but wanted to say what amazing news about your nephew. Sarah you must be so excited, I know you will all have a brilliant time and he can learn all about his mum,:A

Hoping in years to come we will get a similar letter from our grandson.

Thankyou, it is really good news. Fingers crossed for your grandson, I always said to my family, when he is old enough he will start asking questions and want to get in touch, Im sure the same will happen, just keep your fingers crossed.

:bdaycake: Happy belated birthday cjj, hope you had a good day.

:(:A

Fairclaire, sorry to hear about your elderly neighbour.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure