Entertaining Lovely Information Travels Elegantly

Options

Comments

• majorica
    majorica Posts: 459 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone, still horrible sleety rain here and so cold :( internet still playing up so catching up is hard and by the time I do I've forgotten most of what I want to say so just hugs all round to everyone who needs one and to all the birthday people too.
    Have a good Friday and a brilliant weekend xx
    I've also lost my elite badge, not that I ever had one in the first place lol but no Boots for me and I haven't even done a muggle shop never mind a glitchy shop we are all eating out of the freezer to make room so fingers crossed for a good glitch in the near future.
    Tweets what do you think about CBB it's compulsive viewing here usually with my hands covering my eyes though, I can't believe the behaviour of some of them but it makes me thankful for my normal family.
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all - we have intermittent sleet and slush outside :(

The main computer went meltdown yesterday but it turned out that all it needed was shutting down overnight. When it was fired up again this morning it loaded all of the updates - we don't get a right hand corner message. Also whatever was wrong with emails fixed it self so everything from yesterday has arrived :T

I was AWOL all of yesterday with Oh at this wretched retirement/ long service dinner in Brum (oh is the latter not the former) and it was as dire as I imagined. Even the free bar did not help, I am such a light weight now, even with carefully spread put sipped drinks I was good for nothing when we got back :rotfl:
    Just going to drink my tea and catch up with yesterday's doings before I tie myself to the desk ...
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • mhoc
    Options
    Busylizzie wrote: »
    ......Oh, and DD1 has got her first full time job :j:j She's been working as a barmaid since she left college last summer but has now been offered a job at our local children's nursery and they will train her for her NVQ's. She went in for a session with the children and the staff said they'd never seen anyone get on so well with the children right from the start. Best of all its two minutes walking distance from our house :)

Best news ever :j
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • pk04
    pk04 Posts: 2,998 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    majorica wrote: »
    Good morning everyone, still horrible sleety rain here and so cold :( internet still playing up so catching up is hard and by the time I do I've forgotten most of what I want to say so just hugs all round to everyone who needs one and to all the birthday people too.
    Have a good Friday and a brilliant weekend xx
    I've also lost my elite badge, not that I ever had one in the first place lol but no Boots for me and I haven't even done a muggle shop never mind a glitchy shop we are all eating out of the freezer to make room so fingers crossed for a good glitch in the near future.
    Tweets what do you think about CBB it's compulsive viewing here usually with my hands covering my eyes though, I can't believe the behaviour of some of them but it makes me thankful for my normal family.

I would say that's very :money: so you can keep your badge :D

I didn't bother with boots either, nothing I want/need so I'll just save my points for things I need throughout the year. I did get some of the reeds/candles but that's my first A shop for a few months :o

Morning everyone, hope you are all as well as can be :)
    There comes a time in every woman's life when the only thing that helps is a glass of champagne ... Bette Davis
  • miss_corerupted
    Options
    Total moment. It's the 500gm mince I want right?
    I have dyslexia, so get used to my spelling and grammar :)
    Mortgage pay off date 11/2028. Target 12/2020 :rotfl:
    Current Balance £33921
    Declutter 2123/2016
  • springdreams
    Options
    Good morning all :)

Lovely blue sky in Hertfordshire this morning.

Friday%20Sleep%20In.jpg
    squeaky wrote: »
    Smiles are as perfect a gift as hugs...
    ..one size fits all... and nobody minds if you give it back.
    ☆.。.:*・° Housework is so much easier without the clutter ☆.。.:*・°
    SPC No. 518
  • Emily_Rachel
    Emily_Rachel Posts: 688 Forumite
    edited 15 January 2016 at 11:25AM
    Options
    rhosynbach wrote: »
    Was being nosey :o as am going to add one on to the new menu we are doing, we have lots of lovely cake stands and teapots and china cups, so just need to decide what to do and how much to charge. Xx
    Hello Rhos,

You are doing so well with your new job. I am actually a little envious, as this was my dream venture when my husband and I left YHA after 13 years running a Youth Hostel.

Well we were looking to set up a combined cafe/bistro/bookshop somewhere in or close to Hay on Wye.

But then digital books came in, and we realised how many bookshops were going out of business, and went into something else instead.

Anyway, we catered for all kinds of people from families to cyclists to groups of ramblers to coachloads of school groups and had great fun with special diets or party catering! Feel free to PM me if you want a few vegan/veggie/diabetic recipies.

To answer your question, I would suggest two options. One a simple sandwich, cake/cream scone and cup of tea option at say £6-£8 (bearing in mind I don't know your prices or the percentage food cost you are working to.)

The other option would be the kind of lush tiered selection of indulgence that others have posted earlier.

I would charge about £10.50-£12.50 per person for that, depending how much/what fillings. Smoked salmon or not for instance.

And maybe offer a half sandwich with small simple cake and drink just for kids at £2.50 too.

Don't undervalue yourself regarding prices. You want them to go away with a wow that was great! Rather than focusing on "what good value" for all that!

Sorry, just read that the earlier post had only one cup cup of tea! That is ridiculous. I would make two cup pot, and offer more water to top it up too. Percieved value huge.cost pennies,
    Wishing you all success. ER
    I am not young enough to know everything.
  • mhoc
    Options
    sarahskint wrote: »
    MORNING ALL!

little bit frosty here, am off to sainbugs this morning as have a conditional spend and 1600 points for spending £40, easy to do in there - have a £10 b/m from last week and should get a new one this week

have a pile of apgs that need recycling in the next couple of days with nothing to spend them on!!

I would be very interested in what you spend your BM on to get your next BM
    I have been trying to get to Sainsburys all week with no success but today might be the day.

All I've got on the list so far is 3 things for Shopotize and TCB click snap - kettle chips brands ton beans, eat natural and chicken tonight.

The first 2 could go on a BM shop, possibly also the eat natural - but then I seem to think there was something else that compared well sainsbobs v Sada

Also sure I have a till spit for extra points for buying pet food ..

I think I need to get my sainsbobs pencil case out and start taking this seriously
  • pk04
    pk04 Posts: 2,998 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Total moment. It's the 500gm mince I want right?

See Anon's post below :)
    Anon wrote: »
    Turkey mince still glitching on Thursday evening:

4x ASDA Butcher's Selection British Lean Turkey Mince (500G) £14.00 £8.00 AvM

Paid £2.45 each, 500g, buy in 2s, match £7v£4, £3.40 return on £4.90 spend (plus fillers - cheese works ;))

To check if it should still glitch, like the cheese add one to your basket on the A app or website - if it is still there in the background it tells you to add another item to complete the multi deal.

Wonders out loud if there are any other multis lurking on items that keep changing from high individual price/multi to low individual price like the cheese?

Hth

Anon
    There comes a time in every woman's life when the only thing that helps is a glass of champagne ... Bette Davis
  • logie
    logie Posts: 2,275 Forumite
    edited 15 January 2016 at 10:59AM
    Options
    In bed now with a nice cuppa :D
    ♥ Worrying does not empty tomorrow of it's troubles.... it empties today of it's strength ♥
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure