Alway's believe that something wonderful is about to happen!

Options

Comments

• please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    They are the very bestest kind of friens! Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Afternoon.

Not much to update really, spent today at home catching up on jobs, decluttered some ornaments to charity bag today, will drop off next week when i'm back at work. DH was off work today and painted the bathroom with paint we already had in the garage, just white but has freshened the bathroom up and no cost.

No change in banking and a NSD, 2 items listed on £bay and a few surveys done today although nothing is close to payout.

All meals from stores, bacon butties for breakfast, sandwiches for lunch and tea tonight is pork casserole and mash/veg.

Nice frugal day :D.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Evening Pennywise,

I had forgotten that you had this week off as you broke up late, enjoy the decluttering, ebaying etc.

Yay to the NSD xx
    Mummytogirls x

• scubaangel
    scubaangel Posts: 6,600 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Happy New Year penny and family.

Sounds like you're having a lovely start to 2017.
    It’s not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren’t doing it.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5135113
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Evening diary.

Lovely time spent with friend today, really nice to catch up and have a gossip. She had a look at stuff I was sending to charity and went home with a coupe of items, also gave her some arch lever folders as she said she was off to buy some for her kids school work and I had some sat empty in the cupboard so gave her 2.

Small spend of £6 today on milk, cereal and mushrooms. stirfry for tea tonight, still snacking xmas treats.

A couple of large DD have gone out of bank account, so accounts looking pitiful.

Hope everyone is ok.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    pennywisepoundstupid Posts: 5,975 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 6 January 2017 at 1:44PM
    Options
    Cold, damp miserable day here today, boo. Dogs have been walked and shopping done, so now snuggled in front of stove.

DH has taken my car off for 2 new tyres, goodness knows what that will cost, hopefuly not 2 much as I ony have a little car.

Shopping spend -

£12.15 in farm shop, decided to get a sack of spuds, so most meals are going to revolve around potatoes, also bought eggs and bacon.
    £36.61 in a1di, would have been less but DS sprung it on me that he has cookery at school on Monday and needed ingrediants, at least he gave me some notice and it wasn't sunday evening. Also spent £5 on hair dye which has now put me over my toiletry budget:mad:.

Groceries £220/£145.21
    Cleaning £10/£2.68.
    Toiletries £10/£14.56.

Cleaned out a kitchen drawer and thrown out some broken utensils and various bits of carp that have been hanging around, also listed 2 more items on £bay.

£10 amazon voucher redeemed from survey site.

Keep getting annoying phone calls from a company called windows warranty, totally lost the plot with them this morning, feel like keeping the dog whistle by the phone and the next time they call blowing it as loud as I can.
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Lol at the whistle idea :p Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Sorry I have been MIA, not a good start to the year and keeping on top of my diary:(.

The past week has been a whirlwind with being back at work/school and getting back into a routine and getting everyone where they needed to be, only 4 weeks until we break up :D.

Holiday organisation is still going on, DH has bought tickets for parks and managed to get some money off with a voucher code, also got a discount card for eating out and $40 gift card to spend in universal parks which will be put towards a meal. Spends are creeping up thanks to various Christmas money and no CT this month:D. Starting to get exciting :D.

Dh got new tyres for my car which went from needing 2 to all 4:eek: £200 spent but needs must and want to be safe in this weather.

Had funeral this week and it went ok, was nice to see a few people that I hadn't seen for a long time, other people I was civil to but hate being around them, but the build up did cause me a lot of stress and sleepless nights and I felt like a steam train had hit once I had left and relaxed,but its over now.

Money wise things are plodding on, its tight because we have made it so (holiday) but manageable, decided not to go shopping today as i'm going to make food stretched out over the weekend, did by milk after DS rugby match but decided we could manage with what we have in and have enough for packed lunches on Monday as I have some sausage rolls in the freezer, will bake tomorrow and have plenty of bananas and apples.

Meals for the week -
    sat - chicken casserole, rst pots, sweetcorn/peas.
    Sun, HM mince beef pie, mash carrot and swede mash.
    Mon - Lasagne
    Tue - Tomato and lentil soup & HM flatbread
    Wed - Jkt spuds beans and cheese
    Thurs - sausage one pot
    Fri - pasta bake

Will bake tomorrow and make some flapjack and have a jar of mince meat to use up, so will make a mince meat slice.

Surveys are going ok, redeemed £15 from mysurv3y, up to £46 on y0ug0v and £36.30 on 0nep0ll. so they should payout before hols which will be good.

Hope everyone is ok and not effected too much by the weather.
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Lovely to catch up on your musings and news PWPS, sorry I have been MIA. All sounding very promising, well done.

Like the menu, just the ticket for these cold wintry days

Brizzle x
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Glad all ok with you Pennywise. I have a family member (my actual so called brother) who I will never speak to again and I keep getting myself all worked up about things like weddings and funerals! Anxiety is a horrendous thing. Im glad you're ok now its all over xx
    Mummytogirls x

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport