Alway's believe that something wonderful is about to happen!

Options

Comments

• pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Hope you enjoyed a lovely Christmas Day Pennywise xx

Thankyou it was lovely day.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Afternoon.

So Christmas is over for another year, we had a lovely low key day, which we reall enjoyed as it seemed really relaxed, children were very happy with their presents and received lots of money for the holiday so were very happy, DD has set herself a goal of £400 and she has already got £250 and her birthday is also before we go away so I think she will hit her target, DS has the same amount but is wanting to buy some trainers so I think he will have less spends when we go.

I have been really good and ignored the sales as we don't really need anything and we are eating up Christmas leftovers so havn't needed to go to the shops, we have lots of treats in the house and beer and wine leftover, will have this on NYE as we are not going out.

So back to money saving and making everything streeeeetch, today has been a NSD, made some soup from veggies that needed using up and an apple crumble this is for tomorrow, breakfast was porridge and lunch was leftover Christmas meats in sandwiches, fruit and Christmas chocolates.
    Its very dark here today so candles have been lit instead of lamps switched on as I got a few candles for Christmas and they also make the house smell nice, stove has been lit and using free wood.

We are going to watch HP later and DD got a mug cakes book for Christmas and is going to try out one of the recipies for us to eat whilst watching HP.

Hope everyone has had a lovely Christmas XX.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I'm pleased you all had an amazing Xmas, penny.

I remember going to Florida when I was 15 and I saved up so I could go shopping. I bought a couple of pairs of Levis, which were very fashionable in the 1990s - do you remember those ads, with the hunky guys?
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    chanie wrote: »
    I'm pleased you all had an amazing Xmas, penny.

I remember going to Florida when I was 15 and I saved up so I could go shopping. I bought a couple of pairs of Levis, which were very fashionable in the 1990s - do you remember those ads, with the hunky guys?

Oh gosh yes, I used to wear Levi 501s. I was madly in love with Nick Kamen nom nom:rotfl:.
  • debtfreeoneday
    Options
    Who didn't wear Levis??

Glad you had a nice Christmas Penny!
    DFW (08/08) £64,346.53 Gone (02/19)
    MFW (08/08) £118k Gone (09/23)
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Oh gosh yes, I used to wear Levi 501s. I was madly in love with Nick Kamen nom nom:rotfl:.

Was he the one who stripped off in the laundrette to wash his clothes?
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    chanie wrote: »
    Was he the one who stripped off in the laundrette to wash his clothes?

Certainly was :D!
  • amber03
    amber03 Posts: 1,238 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Your Xmas sounds perfect, ours was a quiet one which is how I like it as I work in retail so work right upto Xmas. Glad to be getting back to normal , sorting out the fridge, freezer and cupboards to see what food is left, there is plenty but DS3 says there is nothing to eat (meaning no pizza's or rubbish food). Told him I'm not buying much when I do go shopping. That mug cake cook book sounds the perfect present to me, may keep my eye open for it.xx
    :j Debtfree and and staying that way.:j3-6 month emergency fund, No.61 £140.00
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,505 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Glad you had a nice Christmas. Like Amber I'm glad to be getting back to normal, I think most people are.
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    amber03 wrote: »
    Your Xmas sounds perfect, ours was a quiet one which is how I like it as I work in retail so work right upto Xmas. Glad to be getting back to normal , sorting out the fridge, freezer and cupboards to see what food is left, there is plenty but DS3 says there is nothing to eat (meaning no pizza's or rubbish food). Told him I'm not buying much when I do go shopping. That mug cake cook book sounds the perfect present to me, may keep my eye open for it.xx

My DS is exactly the same where food is concerned!

The cookbook came from the book people, I think it was about about £3, its turned out to be a nice little stocking filler that will get lots of use.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure