🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Alway's believe that something wonderful is about to happen!

Options

Comments

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,608 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    It's freezing cold here too. Bit of a shock to the system after the mild weather. I used to have a weekly veg box delivered but stopped when I seemed to be forever getting beetroot in them, although I believe you can pick and choose a bit more now.
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    It's freezing cold here too. Bit of a shock to the system after the mild weather. I used to have a weekly veg box delivered but stopped when I seemed to be forever getting beetroot in them, although I believe you can pick and choose a bit more now.

Hi Sun Addict, the boxes are better as you can change items that you don't want, there was supposed to be kale in mine this week and I changed it as I'm not keen.

Weather certainly is a shock to the system, electric blanket has gone on the bed, I can feel my hip twinging and I find the blanket stops the aches and pains.
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    £25 redeemed from a survey site, happy days :).
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Evening diary.

Not much to update this evening, but trying to keep upwith my diary as it keeps me straight.

£bay sale so £5.50 off to hols pot and £3 redeemed from a survey site.

Jkt spuds for tea tonight although DS decided to have HM soup. Small spend today of £1.25 on some nice crusty bread rolls, was a want rather than a need, I usually have just soup but was really craving bread and real butter, I blame the cold weather, DS enjoyed them with his tea tonight.
    DD is busy making choc crispy cakes for packed lunches as chickens are still not laying and I can't bake cakes.

We are all already wrapped up in PJs or onesies and slipper, trying to keep snuggly warm.
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Evening.

Work is bonkers at the minute and we have started the Christmas run up, so nativity rehearsals and Christmas songs, I kid you not. shattered tonight and planning going to bed early, just need to iron some clothes for work and then I'm off to my electric blanket.

Sold another item on £bay so another £5 sent to hols pot as I rounded up, £5 amaz0n voucher redeemed from a survey site.

Small spend of £8 tonight on groceries, should have been less but I had a dirty hungry son with me that I had just picked up from rugby practice who persuaded me he needed a bottle of coke and a reduced steak pie.

Off to watch super vet xx
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Hi Sun Addict, the boxes are better as you can change items that you don't want, there was supposed to be kale in mine this week and I changed it as I'm not keen.

Kale sprinkled with sea salt and baked in the oven for a few mins is amazing. Pretend crispy seaweed!!
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Kale sprinkled with sea salt and baked in the oven for a few mins is amazing. Pretend crispy seaweed!!

That actually sounds quite nice, I may well be persuaded.
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Evening, quick update before tea.

Received a payment of £20 from a survey site and £5 amazon voucher. £10 redeemed from another site.

Managed a NSD.

Chasing an item I paid for on £bay last week which I have not received.

Other than that just another normal manic day.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,608 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    You're doing really well with the vouchers and surveys.
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Afternoon diary.

Felt as though I have had a busy few days, but everything is ticking along nicely so that's something to be grateful for.

Veggie box was delivered on Friday along with £10 of free essentials which was a pack of butter, 4 pack of yoghurts, 2 pints of milk, sunflower seed loaf and a white loaf of bread, also ordered some fish for a pie, came in at just over £20 so was really pleased and thought I won't spend much on the grocery shop for the week :o.

Yesterday I did the shopping for the week and even though I had a list. £19 in sainsburys, £55 in ald1 although £20 of that was on salted caramel vodka :o sooooooooo nice and worth every penny.
    £4 in the butchers.
    Came home and made a fish pie for tea, spicy butternut squash and gold beetroot soup, Victoria sandwich cake and an apple crumble.

Did receive £25 from a survey site which has gone into hols pot.

Today we went visiting elderly relative and ended up doing a few jobs for them.

Plans for the rest of the day is to check banking and pay a couple of bills.
    Roast a piece of pork for tea and make a rice pudding.
    I have managed to list a couple of items on £bay, low value items but all helps.

This weeks meal plan -

Sun - Rst pork, rst pots & veg. rice pudding and jam.
    Mon - HM soup and cheese toastie.
    Tue - sausage, hash browns, scrambled eggs, toms and mushrooms.
    Wed - Cottage pie and veg.
    Thurs - Jkt spud beans and cheese.
    Fri - Hunters chick, chips and veg.

Lunches will be sandwiches for the kids and leftovers or HM soup for me and DH, pudding will be yoghurts, HM puddings, fruit.

Also forgot to mention I'm getting 1or 2 eggs a day so looks as though the chucks have started to lay again:D.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport