PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

O/S Daily Saturday 2 January 2016

Options
1235»

Comments

• elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Youngest dd is staying over with a friend and middle dd has gone out for a meal and is staying over tonight.

Older dd and sil are enjoying a short break and will be here tomorrow to have a bite to eat and stay for lunch and take their cat home.

Planning to cook beef and onions with mushrooms and a nice gravy and make mashed potatoes, roasties and green veg. Made chicken fahitas for lunch and turned the rest into a noodle type dish to freeze.

Csarina

It just seems to get worse but eventually the tide will turn I hope.

Hugs to you, rosy red, ruby red, lamewolf and floss.
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • wealthygirl
    Options
    Good evening everyone

Hugs and well wishes to everyone who wants or needs one.

It has been a rather dull and wet day here. I have washed all the towels and have had to hang them up indoors. I have also caught up with all the ironing.

DD and I went and visited the Charity Shops this afternoon, and she was very lucky and bought herself 2 skirts, a dress and a jumper, I didn't find anything I liked though:(

Tonight we had bits from the freezer so using up odds and ends.

Everyone but me has been to work today, but now all safely at home.

Hugs to all x.
    SPC 11 #445
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    My ex always was an idiot. Fortunately it was not the whole cost of the funeral, so I found out this evening. He just never thought anyone would break in.

He sold his caravan to some gypsies, the general consensus is that they cased the place. To add insult to injury my eldest son was extremely rude to me. I told him to butt out and let the cops deal with it. Guess Friday is going to be a real fun day...not. To be honest I am a very private person, I know people grieve in different ways, but the stuff that my daughters have posted on Facebook really is the limit. My GD playing to the gallery is bad enough without them joining in.

I will be glad when it's all over. I guess I will be criticised what ever happens, but one thing is for sure,however anyone else behaves,
    I will behave with the dignity that the occasion demands.
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    Funerals can bring out the worst in some people, at my MIL's funeral someone decided to complain about an unpaid bill from £30 years ago!
    I really hope Friday passes off peacefully
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • topsyturphy
    topsyturphy Posts: 1,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    A late posting from me.

Ds2 got back today, was good to see him. He seems much calmer thank goodness.

Had a quiet morning nursing a bad head(self inflicted). Went into London this afternoon to meet ds2 off the train, tube journey was ok.

Dh cooked dinner and then we watched TV for an hour. Think I've been the grumpy one in our house, but dh definitely knows what winds me up. Think we have spent too much time together over last few days.

Red ruby (((hugs))) to you, been in a similar situation myself earlier this year after my op and was just expected to get on with it. Very tough.
    Csarina (((hugs))) hope the funeral goes okay on Friday.
    Hugs to anyone that need/wants one. Take care.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Csarina thinking of you at this dreadful time you really are getting it by the bucketful honey.
    Did a longer post but this blessed lap-top swallowed it, hope all goes peacefully for you and your family.
    Love and good wishes to you all
    JackieO xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills