Frump to Fab 2016 - Lets make it AWESOME!!!

Options

Comments

• chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    happy Friday fabbers

I've had a really busy day so far and I've been out all morning. DS had his school assembly and then I had lots of errands to run - all in different shops.

I picked up my wedge heels today - I don't love them, but they are practical and super comfy, so I think I'll keep them.

In case anyone is interested, Sainsbury have their 25% off on clothes. I recently bought some PJs and I returned them today, with the intention of re-buying them to take advantage of the offer. I'm also going to get DD some vests and socks for when she starts school.
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Today's the day........I'm all bathed, coiffured, maquillage done - apart from lippy. Just some coffee and then time to get dressed.

Went to the salon yesterday, nails and toenails done, had. Nice massage.

DS1 calm and happy, just fine tuning his speech. :rotfl: DS2 getting phones and cameras ready. DIL happy and excited. Met some if her extended family - all very nice.

Had lots of family dinners with Dils family and get togethers with the English contingent. Far too much food......:rotfl:

The weather is glorious so........fingers crossed .......it should be a great day.
  • 3forholidays
    3forholidays Posts: 1,392 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Enjoy the day LL.
    A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realise how blessed you are.

SPC No 043
    SPC 10 - £520 : SPC 11 - £975 : SPC 12 - £845 : SPC 13 - £700
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,618 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    How kind of you to think of your virtual friends today LL. Hope everything goes well for you all. We'll be thinking of you.:)

The 25% at Tu seems to come around really quickly chanie. I bought some 'girlfriend' jeans last time and really pleased with them.

Bought a CS bargain yesterday, a citrus yellow satin Zara maxi skirt. It's lovely and floaty, now I need to decide on a top to wear with it. I think grey looks best as black seems too much of a contrast for my colouring but may be a difficult colour to find.

I treated myself to the Bourjois compact ruby and used it yesterday. Very pleased with the finish, just a light covering. While I was in Boots I bought a travel hairdryer too. It'll be useful for holidays but also as a standby in case my 'home' one gives up the ghost as it's been a bit temperamental lately. Also Boots own brand blow dry mousse is on 2 for £2 (normally £1.69 I think). It's really excellent if you need body in your hair like I do.

It's a grey day here and raining on and off. I wish I was in Barcelona!:D
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Fantastic day, laughter, tears, music, dancing and lots and lots of food!!! The mariarchi band went down a storm, with the English contingent indulging in much silliness. In fact the "inglese" have been very popular with the Spanish/Venezuelan lot. Who needs language when you've got smiles, gestures and hugs .........

Bride looked beautiful, cathedral was stunning, DS1 managed to say his vow in Spanish. All in all a happy memorable day.

Today is for relaxing. A stroll round the designer shops in the gothic quarter and then yet another blow out family dinner.......

Good job next weeks dress is not quite as tailored.......I'm Indulging far too Much.:rotfl:
  • indiepanda
    indiepanda Posts: 994 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Glad to hear the wedding went well and you are enjoying the rest of your weekend in Barcelona. I went there last autumn and want to go back and properly explore the Gaudi properties rather than just take photos of the exterior. I was there with my then boyfriend who wouldn't really have enjoyed that sort of thing so will take a girlfriend who shares my artistic / architectural interests the next time.

I have not been very fab with my diet this week - was out most nights and somehow got a bit disorganised. Even had a whole (small) loaf of olive bread over just two days.

Anyway, ordered a juice box from Abel and Cole and will be a bit more careful for the start of next week before I go away for the bank holiday hiking. I will also take some healthy snacks for my hiking trip rather than have the crisps / chocolate etc they provide with the packed lunches.

Had a decidedly unfrugal couple of days of shopping but will definitely help on the fabbing front. On Friday I went to an open evening at the house of colour consultant's house, bought some new BB cream and a mineral powder from house of colour and ordered some new clothes from Kettlewell and a handmade leather belt in a mix of bronze and khaki leather. I then went shopping in Bromley yesterday as Hotter finally have their 3 for 2 sale on and there were quite a few things I fancied in their catalogue. Anyway, I left with the following:

http://www.hotter.com/gb/en/womens/womens-heels/juliette-shoes in gold which I thought looked quite vintagey and I like older style clothes.

http://www.hotter.com/gb/en/womens/womens-sale/raquel-shoes in tan which will mainly be for the office

and

http://www.hotter.com/gb/en/womens/womens-touch-fasten/minorca-sandals in tan - I have quite a few heeled sandals and a couple of pretty jewelled ones and I wanted something that would go with more casual outfits.

I've also had a bit of an obsession about finding some rose gold coloured sandals - looked at loads in different shops and not found quite the right ones. Ended up getting these in Office - they were quite cheap so I doubt they will last forever, but I think block heels are quite in this year so a more fashionable choice.

http://www.office.co.uk/view/product/office_catalog/2,33/2422992527

I then ordered some Nails Inc Rose Gold nail polish so I can get my toe nails to match.

As if that wasn't enough, in the Hotter sale I then ordered on line

http://www.hotter.com/gb/en/france-heels-cl in bronze - I have the teal, but suede is less versatile and bronze will go with more things and they were half price...

http://www.hotter.com/gb/en/womens/womens-sale/vanessa-heels-cl in brown - I have another similar pair where I've damaged the heels - ripped the leather on them and scuffed the toes, so those will go when the replacements arrive.

Anyway, seems v extravagant on top of having bought some new hiking boots too (super light ones for summer, good brand in the sale), but I shouldn't need to buy any footwear till the autumn now, and I might even get through autumn & winter without buying anything as I got a few nice pairs of boots this winter that still look great. Maybe new trainers - but if I need them it will be because I have been working out a lot so that will be fine.

To save money I did a home manicure and pedicure. I had been going to a salon for pedicures and had been telling myself my micro pedi wasn't up to dealing with the amount of hard skin on my feet. Turned out all it needed was a replacement roller and new batteries and my feet are lovely and smooth again.

Bank account feeling decidedly battered now, but at least my hiking weekend away is all paid for (including meals) and I have a near full tank of petrol, so I should just about survive till pay day without getting too overdrawn. Next month will definitely be much cheaper anyway, haven't bought this many clothes and shoes in one month in ages. Possibly if ever thinking about it!

Went to yoga class this morning - room was a bit airless and I was getting quite sweaty. How people do that Bikram yoga when they make the room intentionally hot I don't know - my hands were slipping in downward dog as it is - I think I need to take some talc to put on my hands or something! I think the heat did improve my flexibility a bit but I suspect in a really hot room it might be easy to take the stretching too far and regret it the next day.

Anyway, have a fab week everyone. x
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,159 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You might find one of these useful Indie... http://www.yogamatters.com/product/1410/miball/mat-grip-eco-ball.html
  • indiepanda
    Options
    greenbee wrote: »

What a fab tip, had never heard of those, thank you.
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    ll pleased part 2 of the wedding went well.

indie I'm loving all the shoes you bought. I've never heard of Hotter, but I've had a quick browse and like what they have. I'm not too far from Bromley, so I'll have to make a point of checking it out. I used to love shoes, but I tend to lust over handbags more now.
    In terms of your Micropedi, I buy the knockoff, rollers from Amazon. You can tell they are knockoffs, but they do a good job.
  • indiepanda
    Options
    chanie wrote: »
    ll pleased part 2 of the wedding went well.

indie I'm loving all the shoes you bought. I've never heard of Hotter, but I've had a quick browse and like what they have. I'm not too far from Bromley, so I'll have to make a point of checking it out. I used to love shoes, but I tend to lust over handbags more now.
    In terms of your Micropedi, I buy the knockoff, rollers from Amazon. You can tell they are knockoffs, but they do a good job.

Hotter originally aimed at a much older market - they were definitely the kind of place my mother would shop for frumpy comfortable shoes. And they do still serve that market, but they've also started to do more stylish things, but more comfortable than the average shoe shop - heels that are wide enough to walk in, nice padded insoles etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure