Frump to Fab 2016 - Lets make it AWESOME!!!

Options

Comments

• chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    chanie wrote: »
    happy fab friday

I'm fabbing today, as I'm meeting a work colleague for lunch. I'm wearing a black Jersey top, my new olive green skirt and new ankle boots (both are birthday purchases). I'm not planning to wear tights for now, but I'll see how the weather holds out when I'm leaving

I ended up changing into jeans and a cotton jumper. The skirt just didn't feel comfortable - I'm in between sizes and so I sized up, but it's a bit too loose. Secondly, it doesn't quite work with my jersey top, which are a wardrobe staple. I've decided to take it back and put my birthday money towards something I'll love. That's one thing I've learned about fabbing - if you aren't sure, don't get it, as you'll never wear it and when you do,you'll be paranoid the whole time.

A quick recommendation - handbag inserts
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Womens-Handbag-Organiser-Cosmetic-Pockets/dp/B00B06WMJA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1475260912&sr=8-1&keywords=Handbag+inserts

I thought the concept of a 'bag in a bag' was ridiculous and something you'd see on the shopping channel. They were selling them in Primark for £2.50, so I grabbed one just for the sake of it. Anyway, I love it, so I thought I should share:
    1. They can preserve the lining of your handbags -mine sometimes end up with crumbs etc from the children's toys and snacks.
    2. The pockets around the edge means I can always find things without having to excavate my bag.
    3. I can change my bag in a matter of seconds by picking up the insert and transferring g it from one bag to another.
  • Carmen
    Carmen Posts: 1,732 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    What a good idea Chanie, I have a couple of bags this insert would be great for :D
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,623 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've got one of those inserts chanie .I admired one a friend had and she bought me one from Primark. I find I'm more inclined to change bags to match my outfit as it's so much easier to move everything.

You're right about only buying things we love. The great thing about fabbing is that we want to look our best and good enough just isn't enough any more.

I joined in fab Friday. We went out this evening to a local history group and then out for supper. I wore black jeans, white long sleeved top and a black padded jacket as it's turned a bit chilly tonight. I wore a multi -coloured check scarf to brighten things up.

Hope everyone's got a good weekend coming up whatever you're doing. :)
  • Carmen
    Carmen Posts: 1,732 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I also have the same problem when I am tired, I just make do and usually come in the form of bready type food which bloats me to extreme :eek:

I am settling done to watch the ryder cup all weekend :D I may have to relent for a while tomorrow to let DH watch the F1 :rotfl:
    Have a good weekend ladies
    Carmen xx
  • sugarbaby125
    sugarbaby125 Posts: 3,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

Went out last night for a dance night at the pub I go to regularly and had a fantastic time, dancing my legs off. :j This older woman was celebrating her Birthday so there was lots of lovely free food and plates of snacks and a Birthday cake. Unfortunately I could not partake of any of it, because I can not dance the night away on a full stomach, which was a shame as the food was so inviting and looked and smelt so good. ;)

The only less than perfect aspect of the night was Wayne. I spoke to him, but I still stayed firm on no dates with him. We had one dance and I allowed him to buy me a bottle of water. :p

Even though it was raining and the outfit I had settled on was not really suitable for the rainy weather I wore it anyway, because I wanted to look glamorous. I wore a navy chiffon skirt with two layers of handkerchief hems overlaying each other. A navy chiffon evening jacket with lots of beading and a Kaleidoscope Navy V neck front and back chiffon and Velvet shoe string strap top with Navy patent and matt Van Dal sling back shoes a Navy raincoat with white piping and navy and white buttons. I had my small navy and silver handle evening bag. I wore lots of perfume and had on black mascara, navy blue eye shadow, clear lip gloss and I painted my nails with silver glitter nail polish. :D

I am looking forward to Karaoke tonight in the same pub. I hope everyone is having a good weekend.
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    sugar pleased you had a nice evening and are off out tonight (I'm getting tired just reading about it!!!).

Today we had a family dinner at my Mums. I'd planned to visit, then my sister said she'd come, then other family members also decided to come, it was quite a full house. I wore my denim dress and ankle boots. My Mum said I looked nice, it must have been true as she complains I don't make enough effort.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,623 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm sure you looked lovely chanie. I really liked the look of that denim dress. I think it'll take you through the seasons as you could wear something underneath when it's colder.

Your outfit last night sounded really glam sugarbaby especially the jacket. Its a pity that Wayne is so persistent but I'm sure he'll get the message....eventually!

It's been a fantastic day here so DH and I went for a walk by the sea. I'm going to keep dragging him out when we have free days as we definitely talk more when we're out and a bit of fresh air is good for us. I wore jeans with my red Reiss top and my black biker style jacket. I was playing safe in case it was windy by the water but it was really warm. can't believe it's October and the suns' still shining.:)
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,267 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I bought a denim dress in Asda the other day, I also picked up a sleeveless cowl neck longline sweater in a cherry colour, and a cream with black stripes soft chunky knit, and a pair of bridge chunky ankle boots. Big spend, but all wearable with things I have.
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Good morning lovely ladies.

Loving the outfits and the purchases of knitwear etc. It's definitely igetting to that time of year although still some lovely mild autumn days here. Today it looks set fair again so,I shall be pottering about the garden.

My son has done all the heavy digging and planting. We had to dig up the raspberries because they were taking over so we killed them off, repainted the fence and have restocked the border with some bushes and some climbing plants.

This week I shall be planting up some pots with spring bulbs and some winter colour and a quick final tidy up before the weather breaks.

Well ladies I've put an offer in on a bungalow.. Just waiting to see if it has been accepted.

Other than that no real news.

I have not done too well with the fasting. I have had trouble sleeping, headaches, muscle pain etc. It is a vicious ciircle sometimes. Luckily I slept really well last night and feel tons better this morning so hopefully I can get back on track.

The Barcelona trip has been postponed, due to DILs work commitments. TBH I'm quite pleased in a way. It would have been fun but TBH it's better for my bank balance and it gives me a clear run until my cruise next May to find a house, lose some weight and finish off a few jobs here. Still Not finished the decorating upstairs. :rotfl:

Got the crime prevention people coming this morning so I had better get cracking. Not dressed yet.:D

Have a fab day.
  • Ellsbel
    Ellsbel Posts: 469 Forumite
    Options
    Fingers crossed for the bungalow LL
    Everyone's outfits and purchases sound fab:)
    Thanks for the link to the bag insert, Chanie.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure