My 2016 Diary of impulse control and staying on a strict budget.

Options

Comments

• dawnybabes
    dawnybabes Posts: 2,604 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Have you got back in touch tooth with the spa ? Won't hurt just to send a quick text ?
    Sealed pot challenge 822

Jan - £176.66 :j
  • Amyboo
    Amyboo Posts: 44 Forumite
    Options
    I've subscribed too. Good look for this year xx
    DMP started Jan 09 £55,509.29 :eek: current balance is £21,482.49p:(
  • StressedSteph
    Options
    Just finished reading your previous thread and subscribed to the new thread with great interest.

I have just started using YNAB and so far loving it, what were the changes you mentioned where coming today? I literately got it yesterday. Don't think I'll bother with getting nYNAB I don't fancy paying a monthly/yearly fee.

Wow Hign10pines, well done on getting through my old thread :o

There is a new web based YNAB out yesterday that is quite different, I am doing a 30 day trial on it but I am unsure as I think it will involve about a £3 monthly charge after the 3 days. Not sure it is that much better to deserve the monthly cost.
    It plugs a big benefit of being able to do direct transfers from you bank account but that is only open for USA and Canada, not UK :(
    Feel like I might be paying for something I can't even get.

Stick with YNAB4 though as its very good
    xx
    Do you have a horse Steph? Just wandered if you had stables and if you could rent those out? x

Hi MTG

Unfortunately we don't have any stables but the farmer next door rents the field from us. I get milk from him all year and that gets knocked off the rent charge. Think he usually owes us about £300, so I might get in touch with him asap and see if I can get that paid.

xxx
  • StressedSteph
    Options
    Wishing you all the luck in the world Steph and am looking forward to following you on the last leg of your journey :j:j

Thanks so much Wantabetterlife.

Think its going to be a tough year but I have GOT to get this done. xx
    dawnybabes wrote: »
    Have you got back in touch tooth with the spa ? Won't hurt just to send a quick text ?

Hi Dawn

Well I thought it was all sorted with the Spa as they called me in for a couple of treatments in November and I also did some cleaning for them, so I hoped it would mean the start of more work. I even said that I thought they had gone quiet on me because someone had complained but they said no one have even said anything negative about my treatments.

Then in December it all went quiet, but as I was super busy with wreaths it did'nt worry me too much. I might send them a txt in the New year and ask if they will still be sending work my way as that is the best earner I have had so far. xx

Hope you had a great christmas xx
    Amyboo wrote: »
    I've subscribed too. Good look for this year xx

Thanks Amyboo xx
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    Wow Hign10pines, well done on getting through my old thread :o

There is a new web based YNAB out yesterday that is quite different, I am doing a 30 day trial on it but I am unsure as I think it will involve about a £3 monthly charge after the 3 days. Not sure it is that much better to deserve the monthly cost.
    It plugs a big benefit of being able to do direct transfers from you bank account but that is only open for USA and Canada, not UK :(
    Feel like I might be paying for something I can't even get.

Stick with YNAB4 though as its very good
    xx

xxx

After you mentioned the new version I had a quick look at the YNAB thread on here - a few people have looked at the trial and have given a critique of it and the main thing is to stick with Version 4 as the new Version 5 has lost a lot of the features plus you have to pay monthly/yearly.

I am still getting to grips with Version 4 so will stick with this one as it is really helping me to budget.
  • StressedSteph
    Options
    Morning Diary,

Wel I have had an kind of productive morning :eek:

I rang the mortgage company to make my December payment. (yes i know leaving it till the 31st isn't ideal :o).

The woman I spoke to took me through an I&E form and offered to split a months mortgage payment into three to give us the chance to get back on our feet.

I am super scared of trying to make this work but here is the plan.

31st December £760 PAID
    08th January £262
    01st February £760
    08th February £262
    01st March £760
    08th March £236

My most scary moment is trying to make the 8th January payment as hubby is back to work on the 4th, so I have to hope that he gets paid sharpish on Friday the 8th :eek:. Wish I had arranged it for Monday the 11th now :(.

I currently have £200 in the bank and £160 in cash, until hubby gets paid. I think I will pop into town on Monday and bank the £160, but I have ALOT of direct debits that come out in the first week of the month so I am super scared if there will be enough money before hubby gets paid.

After this first payment then I should have time to make sure I squeeze that extra £260 in February and March.

Would be great to get back on track with the mortgage though so it is definitely worth the extra struggle.

Hope you all have something nice planned for NYE, we are off to a friends house for dinner so will be a cheap one xx
  • StressedSteph
    Options
    After you mentioned the new version I had a quick look at the YNAB thread on here - a few people have looked at the trial and have given a critique of it and the main thing is to stick with Version 4 as the new Version 5 has lost a lot of the features plus you have to pay monthly/yearly.

I am still getting to grips with Version 4 so will stick with this one as it is really helping me to budget.

Hi EE

We cross posted I think. Yes I am not overly impressed with the new version. I can't find any reports, it has a keep reloading glitch which I am not sure if that is them or my poor wifi but either way its not great. It looks good but that is not worth paying out extra money for.

Think I will be spending the afternoon moving it all back to YNAB4 :o
    xxx
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Steph have you joined the make ten pound a day thread?

LOADS of ideas on how to make extra cash on the thread and they are really nice people

xx
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • StressedSteph
    Options
    Steph have you joined the make ten pound a day thread?

LOADS of ideas on how to make extra cash on the thread and they are really nice people

xx

Oooh no I haven't Buffy, I will check it out, thank you xxxx
  • hiddenshadow
    Options
    Hi EE

We cross posted I think. Yes I am not overly impressed with the new version. I can't find any reports, it has a keep reloading glitch which I am not sure if that is them or my poor wifi but either way its not great. It looks good but that is not worth paying out extra money for.

Think I will be spending the afternoon moving it all back to YNAB4 :o
    xxx

I think yesterday was not a good day for them service-wise (website went down several times). That said, even when that's ironed out if you have spotty wifi (at home/work/while traveling) your budget will effectively be useless.

Reports are on their "coming soon" list, along with a lot of other desired functionality.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport