PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

KonMari 2016 - The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up

Options

Comments

• mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    2 carrier bags of clothing got put in the clothes bank tonight so that's a bit more out.
    Going to knit and watch a DVD someone lent us toninght so wool stash used up and DVD can be returned.

Night all
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,964 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Where do people keep their shoes?

We have a porch with a shoe cupboard in of about 6 shelves, each shelf holds three to four pairs of shoes.

We also have a box where we can put another dozen or so pairs.

OH keeps his in the office - all around the floor circling a shoe stand :mad:

There are also some in the conservatory by the back door.

There are three of us who live here permanently - DD has most of hers at uni.

I can't understand why I spend my life putting shoes away and why the designated storage is either full or not used. Saying make people put them away" won't cut it. I have about 8 pairs in use seasonally - so my third of the shoe cupboard, the others wear fewer....

I just don't get it :question:
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • ruby_eskimo
    ruby_eskimo Posts: 4,529 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi everyone, can I come in and join in all the de-cluttering fun? We're in the process of buying our first house and the thought of all the sorting we have to do before moving is giving me palpitations! We currently live in a one bedroom flat and don't really have a lot of stuff, but we have a lot more than we really need. Plus we're upgrading to a 3 bedroom house so I don't want to clutter all the extra space with stuff! I think we've done quite well in that the living / dining room is ready to pack and move with. It's just the bedroom and our little storage cupboard where there's the most stuff to sort. Hoping to get a head start tomorrow and then the weekend as I have some free time then.
    Emergency Fund - £7992.62 / £10,000 :: Total Mortgage OP - £34,692
    LISA 24/25 - £0 / £4000 :: NSD 2024 - 13 / 180 :: Moving Fund: £838.83 :: Decluttering - 143 / 365
    Engaged 9th December 2010 :: Married 29th October 2015 :: Bought a House 13th January 2017
  • tibawo
    tibawo Posts: 1,189 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have had a message on my phone saying sadly the table top i was hoping to do is already booked up. The message did make me chuckle as it said but please come down and see what we have on sale... no , no , and no - i am wanting to sell things not buy. I know it was meant in a nice way but still!

With no more table tops in sight I am thinking of putting it all for a bargain price on ebay otherwise it will just sit there until i find one. Knowing me it will be at least 2018 and i am determined this academic year to get myself finally sorted. As much as i would like to just give it away any money it makes is needed for the debts which i am also trying to MK.

Not got much work this week so I am using today to blitz the house and do a bit of job hunting.
    Go get it!
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    I bought a new dressing gown so I am going to go up and review my clothes again in a minute as the season has changed.:cool: Anything I haven't worn is going out!
    Hi everyone, can I come in and join in all the de-cluttering fun? We're in the process of buying our first house and the thought of all the sorting we have to do before moving is giving me palpitations! We currently live in a one bedroom flat and don't really have a lot of stuff, but we have a lot more than we really need. Plus we're upgrading to a 3 bedroom house so I don't want to clutter all the extra space with stuff! I think we've done quite well in that the living / dining room is ready to pack and move with. It's just the bedroom and our little storage cupboard where there's the most stuff to sort. Hoping to get a head start tomorrow and then the weekend as I have some free time then.

Yes, join in!:)
  • Tea_Lady
    Tea_Lady Posts: 39 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi to fellow kondoers? New and old.
    Sorry to hear about your Nan GQ.
    Congratulations to all on your great achievements on the shifting of stuff.:j
    I have been hit by the woo factor again. Smack in the face.
    Whilst on holiday in beautiful Cornwall. We received a txt informing us that the tenants in our own house will be leaving at the end of that week.:eek:
    (We live in rental near my DH place of work.) First thought OMG.:eek::eek::eek:
    Then DH says that recent changes in his department means that he can work from home if he wants too and travel into the office once every 1-2 weeks from the New Year.:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j
    Long chats over a couple/several pints of cider. The outcome is we are going home.:beer:
    Home to us is Robin Hood country in North Notts. Where our 2 DD live and the rest of the family. DD2 is making us Grandparents just before Christmas so it's all working out well.:j:j:j:j:j:j
    I'm so excited.:j:j:j:j:j:j:j
    Going to visit the house (250 miles round trip) on my day off and see what needs doing before we move back.:(
    We should be in by Christmas.:j:j:j:j
    Going to find my Konmari Check list and do it all again.
    When we moved here 2 and half years ago we came in a huge removal lorry, this time I think we can do it with a large Transit van.
    Woooooooooooooo
    Tealady

Sorted the Jig-saws 12 going to the CS two in the bin. Bits missing.
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    Glad the woo factor sorted that one out nicely for you tealady
    Welcome rubyeskimo
    I'm busy glossing doors and frames again, just nipped down to put the kettle on.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Tea_Lady wrote: »
    I have been hit by the woo factor again. Smack in the face.
    Whilst on holiday in beautiful Cornwall. We received a txt informing us that the tenants in our own house will be leaving at the end of that week.:eek:
    (We live in rental near my DH place of work.) First thought OMG.:eek::eek::eek:
    Then DH says that recent changes in his department means that he can work from home if he wants too and travel into the office once every 1-2 weeks from the New Year.:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j
    Long chats over a couple/several pints of cider. The outcome is we are going home.:beer:
    Tea Lady, that's brilliant news! Congratulations.

I'm just trying to finish all the shredding before I start on the next lot of papers, I can't bear having it hang round any more.
    Save
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Great news, Tea Lady - a fab example of woo! :)

3 ebay parcels posted off. 1 item priced up for NNS.

Now off to KM some weeds 'n stuff in the garden - OH is in the garage sorting things out :)

x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Siebrie
    Siebrie Posts: 2,906 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    When I was in the office on Sunday to do something I had forgotten earlier in the week :( I took my eldest dd with me. She had a fab time playing with the office equipment, making photo copies of her drawings, making a drawing for my boss on the whiteboard in her office, and shredding a huge pile of paper I didn't have time for last week. She says she wants to come back in with me next time, and continue shredding :)
    Are you wombling, too, in '22? € 58,96 = £ 52.09Wombling in Restrictive Times (2021) € 2.138,82 = £ 1,813.15Wombabeluba 2020! € 453,22 = £ 403.842019's wi-wa-wombles € 2.244,20 = £ 1,909.46Wombling to wealth 2018 € 972,97 = £ 879.54Still a womble 2017 #25 € 7.116,68 = £ 6,309.50Wombling Free 2016 #2 € 3.484,31 = £ 3,104.59
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure