PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

KonMari 2016 - The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up

Options

Comments

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    GreyQueen wrote: »
    :D One more sleep until Retirement Day, Karmakat!

Thanks GQ! Turns out I don't have anything booked tomorrow after all, so it's today. Today!

It's today!

Today!!!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Sorry for shouting, I'm a bit excited.
    Save
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Serendipitious
    Options
    Happy Days Karmacat x

efc-604.jpg
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• Igamogam
    Igamogam Posts: 6,024 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Tea_Lady wrote: »

But PITA for the locals.

They don't pick in this area they are a bit posh. Very nice people, but are more likely to go M&S for their fruit.

I live in a 'tourist trap' too.Today I will be doing my food shop and any other errands that involve a car. As the roads will be jam packed:o Any favourite places of interest will be avoided until Monday teatime then we can venture out again:rotfl: ALthough there are a few places that visitors still dont know about ;) I know local business relies so much on the tourist trade and I dont want to moan but there is the PITA factor - litter for one and just a general disrespect of the beautiful surroundings - just a few who spoil it for the many but it is on the increase:mad: I read in the local paper this week of at least 5 RNLI rescues along one small stretch of coast line in one day. One day last week the rescue helicopter was kept very busy too. At least 3 flights over us :eek:

Crikey it s foraging frenzy around here - very competitive :eek: The bilberry season just about over now and blackberries about to start then there will be field mushrooms and sloes.......got to be quick:rotfl:

I ventured into the Green Shed of Doom yesterday. Found something we had been looking for which I swore blind wasnt in there:o Reorganised in a more accessible way now and of course a large bag of things ready to go to CS and some stuff prepped for a charity sale I will be involved with in October. CS bag includes a pair of ice skates in a boot bag which I owned when I was a teen with aspirations.......where I grew up there was an ice rink and was I an able figure skater, but like I said aspirational rather than committed - 5am ice time was not my idea of fun........however I did buy these skates myself with money saved from pocket money, skipped dinner money and birthdays - cost a fortune at the time and I got into so much trouble for it:eek::rotfl::eek: guess at the time it wasnt the done thing to 'take them back'! Ironically my skating from that point on dwindled - pressure of school work ( and lack of commitment - would never have made an Olympian ;) ) general low household funds etc etc so they have hardly been used. They where my pride and joy but have no idea why I have kept them - hanging onto some 'what ifs' maybe ?? Who knows. They have done 3 house moves with me and have always spent time in the loft/shed. Yesterday I took them out and felt ..........nothing:o Checked them out really thinking they would have died in storage but they are looking fine. CS can have them....probably vintage now:rotfl:
    Be the change you want to see -with apologies to Gandhi :o
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
    'On the internet no one knows you are a cat' :) ;)
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,960 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning all. Inzpired by your posts i got up and vowed to kondo 5 things, and..... i struggled to find them..

I could have got rid of loads of other people's but had to work at it for 5 of my own.

Karmacat congratulations. Today is the first day of the rest of your life
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Serendipitious, thank you, I saved that image :)

And thank you too, VJsmum. :)
    Save
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Charly27
    Charly27 Posts: 602 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Loving all your tales. Im having a day off today as it is my birthday. Presents are beginning to reflect my KM passion. Parents, IL's and BF gave me universal gift vouchers. Always appreciated as I don't often spend on myself.
    DH bought me a new owl bag for work. My dearly loved owl handbag for weekends, high days and holidays is awaiting appointment at hand bag hospital . . . A new pair of scary looking secateurs so I can km garden, allotment and some perfume. Lucky me:j So no extra clutter X
    ‘One of our greatest freedoms is how we react to things’ said Mole.Cross stitch cafe WIP ‘The Best is yet to come’ Emma Congham & ‘A Year in the Life of’ HSC. TaDa Welcome
  • MMF007
    MMF007 Posts: 1,375 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Karmacat - YAY!!! :j:j:j:j:j:j
    It's time to do the things you want to do, when you want to do them! ENJOY!!
    (I love the virtual card, Serendipitious :))

Happy birthday Charly :bdaycake:

Will re-visit later because lots of you have posted things that resonate with me.

have a lovely day,

M
    I have changed my work-life balance to a life-work balance. :grin:
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Karmacat - WHOOP WHOOP:beer::j:T Now the fun things start!!!

Polly - know exactly what you mean. I bought a pair of trousers yesterday it was too blimmin hot to try them on in the shop. Taking them back as they are too short and too tight. shame 'cos they were a lovely steel grey and a nice design.
    Hoping to get our drive power washed today - either by me or DH. At least some dirt and weeds will be kondoed!!

Have a good day all x

Forgot to add - Happy Birthday Charly - enjoy your special day
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Happy final day Karma :j:j:j

Many happy returns Charly :):bdaycake:
    Must use my stash up!
  • luxor4t
    luxor4t Posts: 11,125 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    Thanks GQ! Turns out I don't have anything booked tomorrow after all, so it's today. Today!

It's today!

Today!!!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Sorry for shouting, I'm a bit excited.
    Save

Happy freedom day!

2 bags to the clothes recycling place and £3 odd into my holiday fund.

1 bag of books and komono to the CS

Working on the Christmas shoeboxes today - apparently the pick up date has been moved to 'early autumn'.... date unspecified.
    I can cook and sew, make flowers grow.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport