PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

KonMari 2016 - The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up

Options

Comments

• Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,483 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I feel the same way about people who have loads of little ornaments and think how annoying they must be to dust. Sorry I didn't quote who said that.

I got rid of a few more things yesterday including a pair of shoes that were beyond repair. I moved stuff around so my electric fan can have a new home in the porch. I got it from upstairs when I thought the weather was getting warmer, but that doesn't have seemed to have panned out!:D Now the table it was on previously just has a lovely bunch of flowers and looks very calming.:cool:

I have taken the curtains down to wash and I think the room looks much nicer without them, but I am overlooked by my neighbours so I won't keep it like that.:p

Hope everyone has a nice day.x
  • mavvymoo
    mavvymoo Posts: 2,152 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Morning all :D
    All this talk of Beige is funny. As when we were driving on Wednesday I saw a lady dressed in Beige :eek: head to toe including shoes :rotfl:I said to DH if that is ever me just shoot me. I really felt depressed just looking at her.:( I could imagine her wardrobe with rows of Beige clothes.
    I dont know one person who looks good in beige so why the clothing companies use beige I just dont know.It should be banned (apart from when we are trying to look ill ;)) :rotfl:

Mav x

Debt free and Mortgage free thank you to all for your encouragement and advice
    :j
    Crazy Clothes challenge £300/£48 and 5 months /0 without spending :T

• silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Loving all the comments about colours. I know colour analysis was all the rage quite a while ago but it seems that it worked. I think of it as MK for clothes - just think of the time and money we save in not buying items that are not 'our' colour and how much easier it is to mix and match. Mavvy - I positively HATE beige. I see so many elderly people in beige and I think it makes them look like non people IYKWIM. I want to scream get some colour and come out of the background
    Wednesday you have reminded me I have a box of my mother's Capo di Monte in the loft. It's items that she and my Dad bought when they holidayed in Italy. I know they're still there because of sentiment. I need to look at them and see if I can let them go.
    Grey day here so will clean the inside of the windows & need to make some jam with plums I found in the freezer!
    Happy Kondoing all xx
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,207 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I haven't had colour analysis done, but years ago I did have a wardrobe consultation. The consultant said I was the first person in months to have so much colour in my wardrobe. She really helped me understand how to put an outfit together, and what shapes/styles/cuts suited me.

My shape has changed (several times over the years) but much of her guidance still stands. I rely on my hairdresser for colour advice - she's fantastic at it, but I also know I'm lucky and can wear pretty much any colour, even most shades of yellow. I also know that if I'm not wearing any colours or not making an effort with what I wear then I'm getting depressed. And if I make myself wear colour it can often lift me enough to stop me getting into a downward spiral.

BTW - my mother looks FABULOUS in beige...
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,970 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    My friend wears loads of beige, she is someone who would really suit the turquoise type colours. She hates standing out in a crowd and dresses to blend in. :( s0d that....

I back in the dentistsame. My filling kondoed part of itself. I am rather afraid that this is going to be expensive
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • FrugalinShropshire
    Options
    Hello everyone, I am back to Kondoing after a series of illnesses and hospital admissions in the family! I have Kondoed my clothes and am loving the results!
    Now Mrs FrugalinShropshire:T Proud to be mortgage and debt free:j
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I don't have any beige clothes at all ... but I *have* just bought a pair of "nude" leather shoes from Office ... I'm starting to wonder if "nude" is a scam!
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    Morning kondoers, hope everyone is well.

I treated myself to a rather joyful new flying pan and wooden spatula using my Ts double up vouchers this morning so it was basically free. My old scratched pan and chipped wooden spatula with a crack in it has already been consigned to the bin.

Found a use for the carcass of the ikea wooden drawer box case I repurposed the drawers from the other week - standing on its end and filled with toilet roll tubes it with make great car storage to go with the play set at school so that will leave on Monday.

Going to get some fabrics out later and see what dress pieces I have.

Do something over the weekend that brings you joy and have a great day.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I had my colours done years ago and am a "Spring". I have been de cluttering wardrobes and left myself with lots to "fit into" but not much that fits me now so have taken advantage of the sales online to buy several coloured tops, a couple of pairs of jeans and some black or navy trousers.

I ordered a raincoat but they sent me one three sizes smaller than the one I had ordered :mad: That will be going back as well as trousers that were too short even though they said "long!"

A parcel arrived yesterday and I ran the stuff by my oldest DD who is very "honest" ouch! I ended up keeping one pair of black trousers and a really nice raincoat in a black and white print that somehow looks vibrant.

The house is still in turnmoil but two bathrooms are replaced and the living room has been redecorated with new modern lights and the stone fireplace demolished.Two bedrooms were knocked into one so I have a big master bedroom downstairs and the kitchen will be replaced in a couple of weeks. Once that lot is done and flooring is down I can start to unpack properly and decide what stays or goes to DDs or charity shop.

The previous owner came round yesterday and took his fish and removed one of the fish ponds. :j The remaining pond will be tackled by the builders eventually.
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • MMF007
    MMF007 Posts: 1,375 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Grunnie, you made me laugh out loud! I love your beige top trick! :rotfl:

I have never had my colours done but know I have to avoid orange, which I love as a colour but which clashes horribly with my pink skintones (often unkindly referred to as 'florid complexion!).

i do suit rich purples, dark blues and rich browns.

Ok, well most of housework has been done so am having a break for low carb lunch (goats cheese and ham salad with a drizzle of pesto mayo).

I had a greetings card to send and wanted to embelish from my craft stash. It took next to no time to do because..... you guessed it, it was all nice and orderly! The morning post brought my postal vote application (away that week) which I completed, re-used the senders envelope and have posted straight back today. Doesn't it feel good, dealing with the admin asap :)

Right, am building up to Dealing With the Mug Stash....... wish me luck!

M
    I have changed my work-life balance to a life-work balance. :grin:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills