PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

KonMari 2016 - The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up

Options

Comments

• kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,853 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning

Dumped some more pure tat in the bin.
    This have given me another empty draw, so now I can sort out the next one, moving the stuff to keep into this spare draw.
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • mavvymoo
    mavvymoo Posts: 2,152 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Morning Kondoites.
    No problem Kaz.Think I know the tower you are talking about I hope you had a good time.

Polly all mine were Charity shop so didnt cost a lot to start with :D
    I always do an Ebay search to see what they have sold for and if its peanuts I will just charity shop them.
    But it makes it easier for me to let them go somehow if I sell them to someone else. Now up to £77.50 on the shoes so may treat myself a pair of fitflops as I love them so comfy and I live in them in the Summer.
    As I just said that I do live in them in the summer so why do I still have loads of others I dont wear very much :o Time to list somemore I think ;)

Mav x

Debt free and Mortgage free thank you to all for your encouragement and advice
    :j
    Crazy Clothes challenge £300/£48 and 5 months /0 without spending :T

• mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    Morning kondoers, hope everyone is as well as can be.
    Is it just a little bit sad that this mornings heavy rain is bringing me joy as its proved the water butt is plumbed in OK and steadily filling up.
    Finished a all of wool last night, toninght will be a finishing off and sewing up session. Got all the photo albums neatly stashed into the cupboard, i need to revisit them as I've still got to scan some to put on the digital photo frame dd1 bought me a couple of Christmases ago.
    Busy all day today so no real kondoing will be achieved.

Have a joyful day all
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • Siebrie
    Siebrie Posts: 2,906 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I am still on a roll! I did a lot of things yesterday, and am full of energy again this morning!
    To add to the fun, we have added a pet rabbit to our family. Dds named it "Princess Aurora" :). It's very sweet and does not mind being carried about, safely wrapped in a teatowel that is now known as the 'rabbit towel'. It really is a sign that I am feeling better, because until a fortnight ago, I could not face the 'hassle' of a rabbit, while in reality, it is hardly any work at all. She is sooooo soft!
    Are you wombling, too, in '22? € 58,96 = £ 52.09Wombling in Restrictive Times (2021) € 2.138,82 = £ 1,813.15Wombabeluba 2020! € 453,22 = £ 403.842019's wi-wa-wombles € 2.244,20 = £ 1,909.46Wombling to wealth 2018 € 972,97 = £ 879.54Still a womble 2017 #25 € 7.116,68 = £ 6,309.50Wombling Free 2016 #2 € 3.484,31 = £ 3,104.59
  • Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,400 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    4 of my read books to the charity shop. :j

I threw away a lid to a box that didn't need a lid. I don't know why I was keeping it!:D Threw away a jar of Marmite as I dropped it on the floor.:o
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,962 Forumite
    edited 18 May 2016 at 1:10PM
    Options
    Cleaner Kondoed :T She took it well..

Kondoed a book - by reading it.

A horrible (really horrible) job i was going to have to do all day tomorrow looks like it's going to be done by someone else (necessarily cryptic - sorry).

I have worked myself up into a lather about the first and third of those - just goes to show that it doesn't pay to do that....

Better get cleaning...:rotfl:

EDIT - Haven't Kondoed the really horrible job. The blokey don't want to do it. :(
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • Clutterfree
    Clutterfree Posts: 3,678 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Just done general housework today so no Kondoing.
    BUT this morning I Kondoed our mortgage! :j
    It will be easier to move to our new house without a mortgage hanging over us. :T
    Savings are now somewhat depleted but shall start saving the mortgage payments so it will soon add up...
    :heart: Ageing is a privilege not everyone gets.
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,962 Forumite
    Options
    Just done general housework today so no Kondoing.
    BUT this morning I Kondoed our mortgage! :j
    It will be easier to move to our new house without a mortgage hanging over us. :T
    Savings are now somewhat depleted but shall start saving the mortgage payments so it will soon add up...

Congratulations - fab news :T
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    Back from work to a full water butt, I'll shut up about it now I know it works. I didn't actually think we had that much rain today so was surprised how quickly it filled.
    Clutter free well done on kondoing the mortgage, brilliant feeling isn't it.

Ironed four martial arts gi's (suits) yesterday they are all now in a CS bag and will be dropped off at the weekend, with more to follow if they sell.

Going to nip shops then sort tea, plan to kondo some more wool or a book tonight.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Not much going on on the Kondo front today although I have Kondoed the remainder of the stir fry veg into some soup for the two of us. DH kondoed the ironing pile though. I made an appointment for a blood test & they had one free on Friday so have taken that. I've also contacted a friend of mine who was interested in a standard lamp and a kidney shape dressing table that need to go. She can have first refusal otherwise they will go to the local hospice. I'm also Kondoing some bubble & squeak cakes to have with our tea tonight.
    Apart from 3 loads of washing done that's about it!
    Have a good evening all x

Well done on Kondoing the mortgage Clutter
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure