PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

KonMari 2016 - The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up

Options

Comments

• GreyQueen
    GreyQueen Posts: 13,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 16 May 2016 at 6:11PM
    Options
    :) Afternoon, kondo-ites, hope everyone is having a good day.

Had a freegle pickup whilst out at work, so that's some more space in the cupboard, and another smaller thing will probably go tomorrow now, perhaps even tonight, depending when that freegler finishes work.

Am taking five before dusting. Memo to self; if ever changing the furniture, change faux-mahogany veneer for faux-beech or faux-pine as the lighter stuff shows the dust much less.

:p My sitting-room has veneerial disease!

ETA; started to mend something and had a LBM; even mended, it wouldn't be very strong and is an item which needs to be robust. I have other items to serve the same purpose. I have cannibalised said item for spare parts and stuck them on freegle and have binned the unrepairable bits. Pleased to have resolved the issue - the spares are definately chazzerable if freeglers aren't tempted, so we'll see.

I'm feeling as pleased as a pleased person.
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)
  • Beate
    Beate Posts: 3,522 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I kondo'd a large mouth cyst and a wisdom tooth this morning. Still numb and waiting for the pain to kick in!
    Reclaimed thanks to this site:
    £175 Abbey Mortgage Repayment Fee, £170.03 Capital One Bank Charges £418.07 Lloyds TSB Bank Charges, £2,671.55 Mis-sold Endowment Policy, all for OH
  • Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Beate wrote: »
    I kondo'd a large mouth cyst and a wisdom tooth this morning. Still numb and waiting for the pain to kick in!

Ouch! I hope the pain doesn't kick in! (it didn't when I had a wisdom tooth out)
    Must use my stash up!
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    edited 16 May 2016 at 8:25PM
    Options
    Beate hope the pain doesn't kick in and you stay ok.

Sitting in our garden and can't hear a thing except our radio and the birds. I'm thinking perhaps we are the only ones in our town (possibly our county) who haven't donned blue and headed for the celebrations in our city centre. I've heard on the news it's quite busy there.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • Siebrie
    Siebrie Posts: 2,905 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 16 May 2016 at 9:41PM
    Options
    I hope the pain does not kick in, Beate. If it does, please remember to not take aspirin, because it dilutes the blood and make it harder for the wound to heal.
    I was on a roll again today: weeded another five metres, planted two hostas, a raspberry, sowed mangetouts (the whole packet, bbd 2008!) in one metre bed, resowed courgettes, potted up salad, potted up cosmos, sowed lavatera (the whole packet in one plastic pot, bbd 2007!), cooked breakfast and lunch (we usually have cold breakfast and lunch) from bits and pieces in the freezer and pantry, sowed sunflowers, cleaned bathroom, prepared guest bedroom for unexpected guest, made dds' beds, did two loads of laundry, line dried one load, relegated two dresses to the attic, baked a rhubarb pie, overheard dd's recorder practise, helped her math's homework, changed youngest dd's pants twice :(, cleaned the sofa cushions twice :(, dyed my eyebrows, read 50 pages of Jungle Book, googled for pet rabbit and accessories for dds (I promised them we'd buy a rabbit tomorrow), I scrubbed part of the front of our redbrick house to see if it made any difference and, yes, it does. Now I have to persuade dh to help me one afternoon to do the whole facade.
    Eldest dd suffered from high spirits today; among her antics: she fed my flower seeds to next-door's geese, and then said sorry with a handpocked bouquet from my garden, some flowers root and all! Then wrote a love note on the back of an official envelope I had to post....
    Either my diet realy works, or my period is about to start and I'll come crashing down in the next few days.
    Are you wombling, too, in '22? € 58,96 = £ 52.09Wombling in Restrictive Times (2021) € 2.138,82 = £ 1,813.15Wombabeluba 2020! € 453,22 = £ 403.842019's wi-wa-wombles € 2.244,20 = £ 1,909.46Wombling to wealth 2018 € 972,97 = £ 879.54Still a womble 2017 #25 € 7.116,68 = £ 6,309.50Wombling Free 2016 #2 € 3.484,31 = £ 3,104.59
  • MMF007
    MMF007 Posts: 1,375 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Blimey Siebrie, you certainly packed in a huge amount today! :T

The aliens that abducted my mum temporarily returned her but have obviously left some sort of implant in. She rang me again to tell me that more tops have been released to a new life. She again said I'd be proud of her! I admit that I have been banging the drum about MK :rotfl:

I have Kondo'd another 1lb so GQ and Siebrie are not alone with their dieting successes. I!have plenty more still to lose but somehow I just know I can succeed, whereas previously I would have tried, not achieved what I wanted and given up.

it really alters your mindset, doesn't it! :j

I do remember someone saying last year that the MK magic somehow helped weight loss. I guess most of us have found such big differences in our lives once we have started MK and that seems to make it so much easier to tackle various other aspects that we want to improve. :eek:

'Nite All. Sweet dreams.

M
    I have changed my work-life balance to a life-work balance. :grin:
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,971 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 16 May 2016 at 10:41PM
    Options
    I read on here, occasionally posting but not often. Just had to post to say that today one of my barns is done. I love it. I never thought the barn would be the first place to get to a 'click' point but it is. The last two items sold were collected this afternoon.
    It has always been a 'hay barn' and stored the hay alongside much junk and general rubbish. Things were so bad I couldn't do it proper MK in putting like with like completely so I had to settle for just dragging out all the garden pots (3 kept, 2 used, 5 sold) and then taking out a few bits of furniture and dealing with that, then a few more, then removing rubbish and so on.
    And now it is gorgeous. I feel happy every time I go in there. Like skipping and dancing happy. And there is the space in there to do that now :j
    The hose has been stored in a big plastic tub as I realise I'm just to idle to hang it properly and I'm not spending any money! Two stable doors I want to keep have been hung on the wall. The rug hangers for the horses rugs now have the rugs that are used (all the Justin rugs donated or sold). The only thing that really does not belong to me is a large chest belonging to a friend containing masses of craft stuff. She says she wants it and it is tidily put to one side. Heaps of stuff thrown or recycled. The old bench now sits on the yard overlooking the fields (not sure if I will leave it there but it is nice for now) and all the junk has gone. Sorry to go on but I just adore it :rotfl:
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • GreyQueen
    GreyQueen Posts: 13,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    :) Oh watty1, that barn sounds fantastic!

I've often thought it's a good idea that I don't have outbuildings (OK, there's the lottie shed which is 6 x 8 ft and the bike shed at the flats which is 3 ft x 5 ft 9) but to kondo a whole barn........ ! Isn't it joyous to go into a kondo'd space? I think you should have some mates over and have a mini barn dance to celebrate.

I've kondo'd about another pound overnight (0.4 kg) and am very happy to be eating well, feeling well and watching the weight drop off. Still got a long way to go but feel confident I can get there in the end. Hurrah for all us dieters.

Today will be pretty full-on. I'm working until mid-aft, coming home and doing some baking to take to my book-group this evening, won't be home until 10-ish and then will be straight to bed. Will think about taking a detour on way home from work to visit a pal and drop a book off at a nearby chazzer but will see if I get caught up on a long call at the end of my shift - if I do, will have to scrub that.

Started reading one of the too-be-read-and-donated books last night. Got to be 35 years since I last read Mary Renault - blimey, she's good.

Have a great day, kondo-ites, and I hope you find joy (or comedy fish lamps, whichever you'd prefer).... :rotfl:
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    Morning kondoers
    Watty well done your barn sounds fabulously joyful now.
    Hope everyone is well, hugs for those who need them.

Not sure what I have planned today need to get the boys off to school/work before I do anything.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • mavvymoo
    mavvymoo Posts: 2,152 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Morning all :D
    Kaz how lucky for you to be coming up Tuesday ;) I am sure DH will be driving it Wednesday as he is collecting it as I have to go to the Doctors with Dad to translate what the very quietly spoken Doctor has to say.So that will be fun :(

Decided to put some of my shoes on E*AY and have already sold 2 pairs for £62.50:D These are ones that I have decided to kondo and then put them back for 'justin'.So I cant do that again as they belong to someone else so they will have to leave the premises.

Got loads more that really can go so will try and list a few more items over the next day or so. If time allows :o

The barn sounds lovely and just enjoy it now :D and well done for getting that far with it.

Well done to everyone for staying on the train and not bailing out :rotfl:somewhere along the track ;)

Mav x

Debt free and Mortgage free thank you to all for your encouragement and advice
    :j
    Crazy Clothes challenge £300/£48 and 5 months /0 without spending :T

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family