Hello Again...

Options

Comments

• Abz12
    Abz12 Posts: 221 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning - resisted the urge to have a takeaway last night and didn't buy any alcohol because we have two bottles plus wine left over from my birthday weekend! Not a NSD though as I took £40 out the bank on Thursday for the work event but they ended up buying all the drinks and food, result! Still have about £25 plus left in purse plus change and when I checked my back yesterday £200+ And it's pay day onfriday!!

I have booked my exam again and this time not paid on my credit card, must get out of the habit! Fingers crossed and all that.

My moods have been up and down lately because I have made the decision to come off my birth control pill. Not to get pregnant but just to give my body a break. 4 months clean lol and I think from all the reading it takes about 6 months for your body and hormones to get back to normal.

Work has been quite stressful and I've been thinking more and more about leaving, not sure if this is a major overreaction because of my hormones but there are certain things that I think they take advantage of me.

Need to get back on the surveys and have joined up to prolific academic after reading another members diary. Let's hope this one is profitable and helps me crack the debt. Still saving on swag bucks for Christmas and have about 2500 points. Yougov is taking slightly longer to cash out but I think I will use this as a treat for myself when I can finally cash it out.

Hope everyone is well. X
    Total debt when starting Sept 2021 - £14,629.61 / Current debt - £13,398.73
  • Abz12
    Options
    Another week - still in the black. Have decided to transfer the money on Friday to my car fund for when the service / MOT is due. I think this is a better idea rather than waiting and hoping everything is going to be ok. At least this year I won't have to borrow and have debt because of it.

The weekend was good, visited friends and found £20! 2 £10 notes one in a shopping basket and another in a taxi! How strange but I am very grateful. So spent that on a taxi and some food ( it was a healthy takeaway) Have agreed to go out for dinner tonight with some friends but is half price so budgeted around £15. £3.70 for a train ticket so saved on petrol and won't need to fill up this week.

Trying to stay positive about work and taking regular breaks as I feel like I give them too much unpaid time, we are all guilty of it. Cats are going to the vets on Saturday for vaccinations so another expense but not unplanned.

Lost 2lbs out of the 6 I gained!!

Hope everyone's week started off right! :-)
  • Abz12
    Options
    Morning all, one more day until the weekend...doesn't time fly when you're having fun!

Out with the work lot tonight so plan to leave as soon as the free drinks stop! Lol. £3.70 for a train ticket. Took £20 out of the hole in the wall so will be using cash. Have about £250 to transfer come Friday which will make my car service /mot fund around £400. I hope this will be enough???? Anything that I don't use will be transferred to my insurance which is due in December.

I really can't wait for payday Friday so I can start paying off some more of this debt. Really need to crack on with the nationwide one as its crept up after Barcelona and I need to remind myself I want to be rid of it not increase it. Halifax is under £3k minus whatever interest they try and throw on there this month but this is the lowest it's been since I BT it in 2014! Progress.

Submitted meter reading last night so bracing myself for my gas &a electric bill...

Hope everyone has a good day. X
  • Abz12
    Options
    Went out after work yesterday and didn't spend a penny...apart from my train ticket that is! Came home very drunk and feeling it today :-( Good news is, it is pay day!!! Transferred £270 to my car fund and have £399 in there so aiming for another £100 before I have £500. I am hoping this will be enough and I have some spare change.

DD's don't come out until next Wednesday so need to be careful this weekend with spends. Will be going shopping over the weekend for our food and cat food, hoping this is no more than £100 combined this month, then I can overpay on the Nationwide card, plus OH owes £300 too.
  • Abz12
    Options
    Morning all, horrible nights sleep and not very happy going into the bank holiday weekend. I know this diary is about money and debt busting but I have to get it off my chest! My OH went out last night at about 6:30, we literally just crossed paths yesterday and has not returned until about 30 mins ago! This is the second time he has done this in the last few weeks and the first time I made it very clear that this is not acceptable. So... He does it again! This time I have locked the door and he won't be coming into until I have calmed down. Let the neighbours see that he is a drunken idiot and he should be ashamed of himself. Didn't make it to the vets because of this situation and don't plan on letting him in for at least another few hours.
  • Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Abz,

Hope today is a better day for you.

If I recall correctly OH is younger than you - not sure how old he is but is the going out all night what his mates do (who have not settled down)?

I personally would not put up with it especially as you have already told him it is not acceptable but young men think they know best.

Would it have been ok if he had just told you that he would not be back until the morning or would you rather he did not go out all night?

Maybe boundaries are needed in the relationship.

And lets not forget that he did not want to contribute to the bills as you were paying them before he came along - at the moment he is not sounding like much of a partner.

((abz12))
  • Abz12
    Options
    Morning EE

Thank you for your post. No my OH is older and is 29. He should really know better. You're right about his mates though, even if they're married they do what they like. We have an agreement about going out, that you have to be back before 3am. The reason for this is because the door needs to be locked, we have a Yale lock only and I like the catch to be down. You are completely right there is no boundary and even though I express how unhappy I am about this he thinks apologising is fine. How frustrating. I need to make some decisions...

Regarding the money situation, pay day was Friday am proud to say I have not been to the bank yet. No money removed since Friday. My card has stayed firmily in my purse. Yay for me! Might not continue that way though as my dad and youngest sister are visiting today, really not the right time but I will put a brave face on it!

I also forgot to mention that I received a letter from my HA and my rent has reduced by £4, how strange is that? Extra £4 towards the debts from July onwards. Naturally I have told him it's gone up lol!

Have arranged to do food shopping tomorrow and will stick to my £50 budget. Need to do some meal planning as this seems to help others to batch cook and save. I'm just so fussy and rarely like the recipes I see online.

Hope everyone is enjoying the sunshine!
  • Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Maybe when he goes out he should just decide to stay out until morning, that way it doesn't spoil your relationship.

Your rent has gone down as all HA/local authorities have to reduce their rent by 1% for the next 5 years - some Government initiative!! (We won't talk about the initiative a few years ago where local authority rents were supposed to be brought in line with HA so councils could increase the rent by quite a bit each year, in my area council is no where near as high as HA still and now they are having to reduce it anyway!!!)

Well done for not drawing any money out of the bank yet!!

We are cold and grey here (weather forecast says very warm and sunny) but I am not complaining as need to go to allotment to dig and mow and don't need it too hot!!
  • Abz12
    Options
    Morning,

EE that would make me worry even more than I do when he stays out late. I don't know what the solution is if I'm honest but we need a serious convo about what we both want out of this relationship and where we see it going. We have been together for ten years in September. We are not married and do not own a house yet, all things I would like but his credit rating is shot and he hasn't settled the Barclays debt yet!!!!!! So won't be getting a mortgage with him anytime soon! We aren't married because he is Muslim and I'm not willing to convert at this stage of my life...I'm giving myself a headache just typing this!

So, back to the debt reducing side of life. I withdrew £30 yesterday and we bought a takeaway pizza and some vodka. Been so good over the weekend that I saw this as my treat plus I can't drink all the vodka like I used to so this will go towards next weekend. Got out of paying the meal for the family which was £70. However, it completely slipped my mind that it's Father's Day next month. Which means a present plus a trip to London....im sweating about the cost of this. I have had an idea of a present that's not to expensive but haven't looked at the tickets yet. Might try and do a cash back thingy.

Today I'm going food shopping with a friend of mine, we can't wait for the delivery this month as I left it too late and we have no food! I hope I don't spend more than I planned as this is all I have budgeted for - £50. Then off to my grandparents to hang out with them until this evening. Love spending time there. Plus if the weather holds out I might vacuum my car out. Oh and guess what, still haven't filled up with petrol since the start of May! The perks of the OH driving everywhere.

Have a good day everyone!
  • Siebrie
    Siebrie Posts: 2,907 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi, I've been reading your thread and see that you are trying hard to get out of debt, while balancing to also have a good life. You seem to be doing well, keep going!
    On a sidenote: there is no need to convert when marrying a muslim man. I'm married to a muslim, we got married at the registrar's office (mandatory in Belgium before getting any religious ceremony), at a church, and at a mosque; me and my daughters go to church every week, I'm raising them as Christians. This might have been different if we had had a son, but that I don't know.
    Are you wombling, too, in '22? € 58,96 = £ 52.09Wombling in Restrictive Times (2021) € 2.138,82 = £ 1,813.15Wombabeluba 2020! € 453,22 = £ 403.842019's wi-wa-wombles € 2.244,20 = £ 1,909.46Wombling to wealth 2018 € 972,97 = £ 879.54Still a womble 2017 #25 € 7.116,68 = £ 6,309.50Wombling Free 2016 #2 € 3.484,31 = £ 3,104.59
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure