* It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year * - It's the 2016 Christmas Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• DomRavioli
    DomRavioli Posts: 3,136 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi all!

Hope everyone had a fab christmas. I will hopefully be a bit more active this year having moved on the 18th December this year into our hopefully forever home, although its an absolute tip (bathroom being done starting tomorrow - we must be mad) we are able to afford it.

I got some amazing cook books, baking books and foodie accessories for christmas including a three tier tala cake rack which will come in handy!

I also found out I will be losing my job in June (thankfully lots of time to plan for it), but I may get redeployed, fingers crossed.

I'm buying nothing in the sales this year whatsoever for next year (first for me!) and just saving up throughout the year.
  • lellyo
    lellyo Posts: 53 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi all hope everyone had a lovely day yesterday? .... It goes far too quickly doesnt it? My DH, DS(who is 6), my mum,who always stays over christmas eve, and myself all went to my sisters for diner, my other sister and her family where there also. We had a fab day, we always do when we get together! ... Feeling quite shattered now cos i was up early for the next sale??!!! Just wanting to check on line to see if i can get any cards for next christmas in the sales!!
    Thanks 3 for holidays for starting this new thread! Xx
  • lellyo
    lellyo Posts: 53 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry Domravioli to read you may be losing your job!..... Fingers crossed you get re-depolyed!!
  • freespirit66
    Options
    Evening everyone,

3FORHOLIDAYS oh that was a bad set of odds no winners in £30 worth :( we had no winners last year or the year before so this made a nice change :)

PEPPAPIG glad cooking the meal went really well for you, now you cant say your cooking isnt good anymore :D Aww did you go to see Elf?

DOMRAVIOLI sorry about you losing your job will keep my fingers crossed for you re: being redeployed

LELLYO omg you are brave going out to sales on boxing day morning, apparently there were queues before the shops even opened in our local town :o

MONEYMISSION glad all your hard work paid off and your christmas was nice and relaxing
    #103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    Hope you get redeployed domraviolli
    Just watched southpaw and crocheted a Ds case for youngest
    Hope everyone is staying safe and dry in the bad weather
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • Mojoworking
    Options
    Free spirit just noticed in your signature you've lost 25lb decluttering is that weight? Well done and what are you following? How is the decluttering going?

Thanks to 3forhols for the new thread. This has been the best Xmas ever but not because I was organised. I will do stuff through the year like we always do and not be put off by others scoffing. I didn't send my cards until last posting day ridiculous. Was quite shocked at how.many of my old friends got in touch to say they were sponsoring a goat instead of buying cards instead. It is fine but clearly me being organised must prompt them to at least go out and buy me a card most years eh! I think it's the postage that is a lot when you've lots of friends.
  • nic2075
    nic2075 Posts: 3,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Evening all. Hope you all had a Merry Christmas.

I had a really lovely day. I ended up in the kitchen planning what got heat up when and the planning, tried not to boss my poor sister about too much but she seemed happy to let me take the lead. It went down without a hitch and everyone enjoyed it.
    I also got the opportunity not to be the the driver for a change. So I got to enjoy some Prosecco and a little wine. Along with a nice wee game of Pointless and Trivial pursuit.

The kids were very happy with their gifts. Tonight we had a buffet and played Trivial Pursuit family edition with the kids. It's been a lovely relaxing family time.

The next week week will be spent playing with the kids and their toys, board games and eating.
    I start my new job (eventually) as a dinner lady :-) on the 7th. I'm going to be so nervous, but so relieved to be starting a job with a guaranteed 16 hrs, school hours and all the school holidays.

The kids all wrote resolutions to put in their stockings to take out next Christmas Eve to see if they made it. Not sure who methioned that. But the kids loved the idea, so I joined in.

In other good news. My dad had a a CT scan and a MRI scan a couple of weeks ago and had been told the tumours are reducing in size! He is halfway through his treatment so that's looking positive. He was on good form yesterday and looking good.

Hope you all have a nice weekend x
    :santa2::xmastree::santa2:
  • nic2075
    nic2075 Posts: 3,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Wanted to also say hi again to nitnurse-not2 nice to have you here.

Same with Domravioli nice to see you back. Sorry to hear about your job, fingers crosses you have plenty time to get another job soon.

Also sending out special christmas wishes to Nanamia and OMO who havnt been around as much but certainly still a huge part of this thread.

Also special christmas wishes to all the lovelies throughout the year who have been there, helped is all bargain hunt, but also been there as friends and listened to each other's woes and been there to support and listen. I love reading all your threads and seeing how everyone is getting on and spending their christmas. Take care all x
    :santa2::xmastree::santa2:
  • Haribo1
    Haribo1 Posts: 66 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm joining too. Started posting on the last thread then rl took over and I couldn't keep up.
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    edited 27 December 2015 at 11:23AM
    Options
    Morning all
    I'd like to send by best wishes to nanamia and omo as well. I hope they are both well.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure