* It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year * - It's the 2016 Christmas Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• freespirit66
    Options
    Evening everyone, i hope everyone has had a fantastic day, we have all had a lovely day, gorgeous thoughtful presents, lovely dinner cooked by DS, thumper was as good as gold, loved his presents (typical nana bought all noisy and flashing light toys) good job they stay here then :D lots of games played and laughter galore, i have loved every second! Now am shattered, tomorrow is going to be so chilled, just us the tv, food and drink :D I have just got my 3 year anniversary badge from mse today :beer:

BABYBOO oh so glad you came home for christmas, i hope it was a success and that you have had a wonderful day today

CHRISSY happy 50th !!!! hope you have had a wonderful birthday and christmas

04624181 ooh someone was on the nice list :rotfl:

NITNURSE aww welcome back honey, it will be lovely to have you back on here regularly, heres to a better year for you in 2016

PINKNFLUFFY haha love it that you have so much organised already

MURIE glad you had a lovely day, ooh that irish coffee from aldi is absolutely blooming lovely, i had one after dinner today and will have the other one tomorrow, so much cheaper than buying a bottle of irish whiskey and two glasses to boot!!
    #103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    edited 26 December 2015 at 4:05PM
    Options
    Thank you for the new thread, I'm in.
    Will come back later to catch up with everything. Hope everyone had a good day yesterday

Belated birthday wishes to chrissyg, hope you had a lovely birthday.

Happy birthday pigpen For today

Thank you for the new thread 3forholidays

I hope everyone had a fantastic Christmas and is looking forward to getting ready for the next one
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • lazysheep
    Options
    Hello all :)

Had a wonderful day yesterday, spent the afternoon being entertained by my very-well-behaved-for-once 18 month old neice then watched Quantum of Solace under the duvet with the lights down and some drinks and chocolates with my OH when we got home. Was lovely :)

Today is a day for relaxing and probably some online sales shopping - just looking through the websites now to see whether I can see anything for next year yet :rotfl:

Sounds like everyone had lovely days and thanks for the new shiny thread 3forholidays :j
  • lizzie_b
    lizzie_b Posts: 527 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello everyone, hope you've all enjoyed the big day. I've lurked on all of these threads but rarely posted. My little boy is 16 months old today though so I need to be more organised for next year as he will totally know what's going on. So I intend to stick around with you all to keep me on the straight and narrow. And in true MSE style I need to do it all way under budget as the credit card has sadly taken a hammering this year!!
    Thanks to 3forholidays for setting up our lovely shiny new thread too

Xxx
    Little Monkey Born 26.08.14
  • freespirit66
    Options
    lizzie_b wrote: »
    Hello everyone, hope you've all enjoyed the big day. I've lurked on all of these threads but rarely posted. My little boy is 16 months old today though so I need to be more organised for next year as he will totally know what's going on. So I intend to stick around with you all to keep me on the straight and narrow. And in true MSE style I need to do it all way under budget as the credit card has sadly taken a hammering this year!!
    Thanks to 3forholidays for setting up our lovely shiny new thread too

Xxx

Hi and welcome LIZZIEB glad you have come out of lurkdom, i hope your little one is having a fab birthday today!
    #103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • freespirit66
    Options
    Afternoon everyone, just thought i would pop on before i go to amazon and download some kindle books with my voucher :D:D We have so many leftovers from yesterday that i dont think i will cook todays menu, i think i will leave it until tomorrow and just be even more lazy than planned today :rotfl:My table pressies went down a storm with them all, it was the santa cups i made filled with pic n mix and a scratchcard, and we had 3 winners out of 5 (couldnt believe it!!):rotfl:DD2 and OH won £1 each and i won £5 (i never win on scratchcards EVER) so i made my money back on them haha, right will be back later i have some gorgeous books to choose x
  • 3forholidays
    Options
    :bdaycake: Happy birthday Pigpen :bdaycake: Have a wonderful day.

Sounds like everyone had a wonderful day yesterday.

lizzie_b Welcome to the thread.

You did better with the scratchcards than us Free - between the 3 of us we must have had about £30 worth but we have only got £8 back! :(
    A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realise how blessed you are.

SPC No 043
    SPC 10 - £520 : SPC 11 - £975 : SPC 12 - £845 : SPC 13 - £700
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    edited 26 December 2015 at 5:51PM
    Options
    First time I've been able to get on here for about three days - DGD has been on the iPad playing games followed by DD catching up on missed TV but they've gone home today so it's all mine, mwah ha ha.

Thanks for the shiny new thread 3forholidays. I do hope everyone has had a fabulous Christmas. Ours was a bit manic but lovely and enjoyed by all - I even managed to pull off the dinner for 11 without any disasters and for someone who can easily mess up a simple meal for two that's good going lol.

Missing DGD who has been here since Monday but secretly enjoying the peace and quiet of it just being DH and me (even if DH is a bit like the walking dead today). Rosie elf came with DGD and went back to the North Pole on Christmas Eve leaving the Christmas Eve box behind. She's been a very generous elf this year and even brought tickets to see Elf at the theatre last week. DGD said 'I think I must have been really good this year for Rosie to have done all this for me' and it was so gorgeous I almost cried.

Decs will probably be coming down tomorrow - they just remind me its all over lol. Thought turning to what I need to get for next year now..........

Happy Boxing Day one and all X
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRISSY.

Welcome back NITNURSE.

Come on in LIZZIEB, stick with us we'll keep you on track ;)

Glad you're home BABYBOO, hope things are ok with you.

Here's to Christmas 2016 :beer:
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • MoneyMission2015
    Options
    Yay, the new thread is here.:j

I am looking forward to keeping up with 2016 with everybody else. I want to start picking up some bits in the sale soon, get super organised for next year as I have felt so much more relaxed this Christmas than any other year because I've been more organised with it.

Thank you 3forholidays for sorting the new thread :)

I hope you have all had a lovely few days. I have had cold meat & fry up today and now relaxing with a glass of wine and catching up on some Christmas TV. I will let you know if I find any good sale items.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure