* It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year * - It's the 2016 Christmas Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Well back to work today only 6 hrs but I would rather be still in bed .

I haven't bothered with the sales this year I just can't be bothered.There's nothing we need or want and after looking in the shops prior to Christmas there's nothing I want to stockpile for next year even at reduced prices.
  • murie
    murie Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Peppa- glad the meal went well

Free- hope you and the rest of your family are getting better now.

Domravioli- hope its deployment , its good they have given you plenty of notice though
    Nic- good news about your dad
    Mrs Moneypenny- wish I had your talents- it would take me years to crochet or knit even half a row1 ( I know from past experience believe me!)

Id like to add my seasons greetings nanamia and OMO, hope they well.

Yesterday was the 'formal' part of Christmas for us as an extended family (where we get to dress up in our best clothes etc) as we all descend on Moms for another Christmas day. Moms kitchen is tiny so its a bit of a challenge to get lunch cooked for us all but it went to plan. Today is day one of the massive clearing up campaign! I NEED the house to be back to normal- its a mess at the mo- a happy mess but a mess nevertheless!

You may remember that I posted a while ago that we had all clubbed together to buy my lil sis a kitchenaid- she literally was speechless! I was so touched, but not half as touched as when my naughty children gave me my 'big' present- a lovely shiny red kitchenaid!! I cried and cried! I don't say this to show off - I just wanted to share how blessed I am to have my beautiful, thoughtful (but very naughty!) family.

Right, I've started blubbing again so I'm off to get the vacuum out!

Enjoy the day everyone!
    lovin' this site!
    :j
  • lellyo
    lellyo Posts: 53 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Free, .. Yes it was either brave or silly to attempt the sale!!

Nic, that is such good news about your dad, so nice to hear it! Also love the idea about makimg new years resolutions and putting them in the christmas stockings,think i may pinch that idea if i may?

Well it is such a lovely mornig here, Hoping to go for a walk a bit later on so DS can ride his new bike! Hope eveyone has a lovely day what ever you are up to! Xx
  • lellyo
    lellyo Posts: 53 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Murie.. What a fabuolus suprise for you? You are certainly blessed, to have such a wonderful, thiughful family! Bet you cant wait to start using it??xxxx
  • girlinayellowdress
    Options
    Must admit it was quite nice this morning going downstairs and no trace of Christmas. Took all the decs etc down yesterday. Not even looking at the sales and just re-evaluating everything for a pleasant 2016. I enjoy the build up but think I enjoy the fresh start again even more.
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    Murie you tube is fab I can't read a crochet pattern and am left handed but I can follow people on there by watching what they do.
    Glad your family got you such a lovely gift, you obviously deserved it and they all love you very much.

Peppa glad the meal went well

Nic glad your dad is on the mend, I also love your resolutions in the stocking idea, when dd3 was young (Well until she left home so stopped having a stocking here she always popped a note in thanking Santa for all her gifts. Used to leave it in to reread when I was hanging the stockings the following year, it never failed to make me smile.

Christmas stats here till the 12th night, I love my deccys and always miss them when they go.

No plans to visit sales here either, nothing we want or need and I'd sooner be with the family than pushed around the town centre.

Have a great day all however you are spending it.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • princesskitty29
    Options
    Hi all, I posted my Merry Christmas message on the old thread as I didn't think we moved over to the new one until after Christmas day so I hope you all saw it. THANK YOU SO MUCH 3forholidays for setting up this new thread, it is so good of you to take the time to do it and it's much appreciated. :beer:

Just popping on to say I hope you all had a good Christmas, I won't be on here long as i'm not well and in bed (nothing serious) compounded by the fact that we've had a very streessful Christmas with Wiggle being tetchy/demanding and generally in a bad mood as well as midnight screaming the house down and 4am wake-ups! We were at the in-laws too which didn't help. BUT I also know there are people out there having a much worse time so i'm not going to complain too much. We're at home now which is easier and my family are coming down for the day tomorrow so hopefully that will be nice. We keep our decorations up here for the full 12 days of Christmas too so we've still got a little while to enjoy them.

I hope you're all well and I look forward to chatting on our new thread. x
  • nic2075
    nic2075 Posts: 3,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hope you feel better soon princess kitty x

Has anyone used Park to save for Christmas? This year I managed to buy everything without using credit. I also kept costs low and spent under £100 for each child and they were over teh moon woth everything they got. But I still felt worried about money, and more making sure I had money for bills, petrol etc.
    last year I saved all my change and £1 (when I remembered) I opened it in November and £100. Which was a great help. But I need a better way of saving without being able to touch it in hard times. I have changed my Tesco club card to the christmas savers, so I won't get any club card vouchers til November. A great idea, but don't want to have to get all my pressies out of Tesco lol.
    I'm good at saving, but then something big comes up, like new tyres and I use the christmas savings thinking I have plenty time to put it back in.
    I need to make changes next year. I worry constantly about money. I know everyone does, but it's constant. I rent and I'm always worried the day they want to sell thier house. I would never have the money for deposits and movers etc. at least if I know Christmas is taken care of I can relax knowing I don't have a huge outgoing at the end of the year.
    I try and buy through the year, but never get too much Incase it needs returned or their tastes change x
    :santa2::xmastree::santa2:
  • 3forholidays
    Options
    PrincessKitty Hope you feel better soon (((big hugs)))

Due to having a disability I struggle to write for long periods of time and doing my Christmas cards was torture this year as it took so long. :( I was thinking about getting an ink stamp made to save me writing and I'll do labels for the envelopes. Any idea where I could buy a personalised stamp?
    A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realise how blessed you are.

SPC No 043
    SPC 10 - £520 : SPC 11 - £975 : SPC 12 - £845 : SPC 13 - £700
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 882 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I missed the Christmas run up with you all this year I just wasn't feeling it I'm afraid and it crept up on me far too fast! I hope you all had a lovely time x
    I hope you know your capable, & brave, & significant.
    even when it feels like your not....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport