* It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year * - It's the 2016 Christmas Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• freespirit66
    freespirit66 Posts: 3,226 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    04624181 Yes i am fine thankyou just havent got a lot to report atm, and my fibro is bad so i am a miserable moo, well the front garden is all tidied up and looking 100 times better now, we need to paint the fence and get rid of the gate, but one of the fence panels is broken so we need to replace it so that means money as usual. DD1 is off next week so we will carry on out the back and see how far we get

KARRI i did a christmas card last year with DGS feet and it was called mistle-toes, you will have lots of fun with your advent ideas and things dont have to cost a fortune as you are building memories

MRSINVISIBLE haha you dont have to explain on here
    #103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Shopping went well although at first she didnt think so. 2 of the items on her list weren't available so she saw that as a failure until i pointed out that she found suitable alternatives so i though it was more of a sucess than i had hoped for. They are also refitting the store so everything is moved around.
    The only thing i need to go through is looking at prices as she bought a pack of 4 apples for £2.19 :eek: .

One very proud mum .
  • murie
    murie Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    ChrissyG- she has done what personal shoppers have been trained to do- found alternatives! She has done well and you are right to be proud xx

Mrs I- no explanations needed , glad the sleepover went well x

Karri- that's a lovely idea x

Free hugs for the fibro , sounds like a plan for the gardening! Have you a local freecycle group? Might be worth a look in case anyone has any fence panels going spare- long shot but you never know.
    lovin' this site!
    :j
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    edited 18 August 2016 at 12:58PM
    Options
    CHRISSEY that's a huge achievement for your DD and for you, you must have been so nervous for her.

Welcome back CARRIE, just drop in whenever you can or when you need a Christmas fix.

MRSINVISIBLE that's so sweet that she loved choosing her room. I hope DGS2 is ok with it, my DGD classes our spare room as her bedroom and gets quite upset if anyone else sleeps in there so I'm a bit sneaky and don't tell her :D

NEWTHRIFT it must be hard to be saying goodbye to your brother but at least with all the advances in communication you'll be able to keep in touch. I too find having my weekly shop delivered cheaper because I'm not tempted to pick up 'bargains' as I go round the supermarket. Unfortunately our Asda delivery was hopeless (4 substitutions and five items just not delivered at all) so I use tesco and they've been great. I also pick the £1 delivery slots so it doesn't cost any more than the petrol to get to the shop.

FREE sorry to hear that your fibro is playing up and hope it soon calms down. MURIE's suggestion about Freecycle is a good one, will keep fingers crossed for you.

Unfortunately couldn't have my chemo yesterday as platelets are too low which is to do with blood clotting. It does explain the random bruises and nose bleeds over the past week though. I have more bloods on Monday so all being well it'll be chemo Tuesday. This will be 7 of 12so I'm on the home straight.

Off to bank this afternoon so hopefully will be able to get everything streamlined and as I want it. It's going to be irritating though, partly because they'll want to sell me financial products I don't need but mainly because the girl I'm meeting with says 'myself' when it should be 'me' and that's one of my pet hates. :mad: I'll have to bite my tongue not to correct her.
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • murie
    Options
    Peppa- b*m about the platelets, yay for being on the homeward stretch in your treatment and fingers crossed the irritating bank woman was able to help you sort things out x (Also hope you managed to bite your tongue lol).

I have managed a bit of crafting today which I enjoyed as it was something that I haven't done before (and not sure I will do again) - only problem is that I now have a re purposed bottle that I have no idea what to do with! Will take it to the charity shop at the weekend se if they have use for it. That's the problem with pinterest- I see so many different things I would like to try, and once I do them I am left with something I wont use (Im not an ornament type of gal and don't like nik naks around). That will teach me to stick to food- THAT does get used/eaten up!!
    lovin' this site!
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Thanks MURIE, fortunately she only said it a couple of times so I managed to control myself lol. Got everything sorted so a successful afternoon.

I'm the same with crafting, I see lovely things that I'd like to make but I don't actually want the end result.
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • freespirit66
    Options
    Evening everyone, i got a couple of bits for the christmas food cupboard in my shop this week :rotfl::rotfl:nothing like starting early eh?? I promised myself that i wouldnt do it this year and have mountains of food but they were on offer and my winter food gatherer in me kicked in!

NEWTHRIFT aww i know its not the same but hopefully you can skype regularly and visit them or they come home. Its hard to explain it just puts order in different areas of your life but in a colourful, chart, kiddy sort of way its best to look on pinterest like i did, as i didnt understand it at first i thought it wasnt for me but it is really cathartic filling it in, see what you think

CHRISSYG aww well done to DD that was fab thinking of alternatives and not just panicking, you should be a proud mama! I love the coca cola christmas lorry snowglobe its fab!

MURIE i do keep looking on freecycle but it is a trellis one so not a lot out there, its the little gits playing football out there and they kick it against the fence, why they cant play outside their own house i dont know :mad: they have kicked a hole right through it now, but im too scared to go and complain to their parents he has a right old temper on him and i dont want to get on the wrong side of that!

PEPPAPIG sorry you didnt get your chemo this week, but yayyy to being over half way now, well done you, you have done so well with this treatment you are an inspiration to me and im sure everyone else on this thread. Glad you got your finances sorted out that is always a weight off of your shoulders knowing everything is in order

#103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • Mrs_Ryan
    Mrs_Ryan Posts: 11,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi all
    Haven't been around much- sorry! Hope all is well xx Clintons have offers on their Xmas wrap- 79p a roll- packs of cards from 99p, and also rolls of ribbon and things three for 99p.
    I'm off to Surrey in the morning to watch my rugby team play, I've deliberately booked a later train on Saturday so I can do some shopping and I'm off to see Harrods Christmas Shop!
    *The RK and FF fan club* #Family*Don’t Be Bitter- Glitter!* #LotsOfLove ‘Darling you’re my blood, you have my heartbeat’ Dad 20.02.20
  • freespirit66
    Options
    Afternoon everyone, well i have finally got my bunting and sewing machine out of the wardrobe (cant remember who the other ladies were who had a UFO sitting around) and we all vowed to get on with it months ago ;) i have threaded the machine by following step by step instructions so its all ready but unfortunately where i stupidly/lazily tried to do the bunting with double sided tape i have ruined the bias binding so i will nip out and get some this weekend. Hopefully my UFO will be done by sunday yeehaaa!

MRSRYAN have a fab time in the Harrods Christmas shop
  • murie
    Options
    Mrs Ryan- hope you have a fab time at the Harrods Christmas shop.

Free- my friend is proud of the fact that she has never turned up anything of her kids clothes etc while they were at school- she always used double sided tape! That's my kind of 'sewing'!
    lovin' this site!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family