* It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year * - It's the 2016 Christmas Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• murie
    murie Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Mrs Ryan- sounds like a good shopping trip all round- lovely Christmassy things to ogle over and bargain pressie buying into the bargain- just what we all love!

Treasurequeen- Im off to the works website to have a gander as the money boxes sound nice.

Mrs I- you certainly have had an expensive week by the sound of it- cheeky devils BT! Glad you managed to re negotiate a better monthly monthly bill-that's a heck of a difference! The cardi for DGD sounds like a plan!

Nothing for Christmas this week for me although DD has bought tickets for mom, me and herself to see the Nutcracker at the Birmingham Hippodrome in mid December so that is a lovely treat to look forward to- I'm really excited! She has ordered some Nutcracker ornaments from China and she is going to glitz them up with glitter and sequins and give one to mom and one for each of us as a tangible memory to be brought out every year.

I've just taken the chocolate and butterscotch muffins out of the oven for our afternoon tea which I am going to put onto the cupcake carousel that mom got me reduced from Wilkinson's last week- £5 ! Its lovely and Ive already decided it going to be part of my Christmas decorations as I can jazz it up with fairy lights .

Hope everyone has a lovely( if soggy) day x
    lovin' this site!
    :j
  • Spendless
    Spendless Posts: 24,157 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    CHRISSYG wrote: »
    I am currently sat outside Morrisons like a little sado ! We have decided to start a program of independence training for DD , usually we go in then meet on a seat but we have upped the independence aspect and she has gone in with a little list of things she wants.
    I cant tell you how sick i feel right now !
    Aww bless. Always more scary for the adult than the child. My 13yo attended a drama summer school last week, with no requirement for adults to pick up, she decided on the last day that she wanted to bus her own way home. Something she's never done before from town and I wasn't convinced she knew her way from theatre to bus station. DH told me I was panicking and to let her get on with it, she would work her own way out, and she did. She even went shopping to Primark and bought herself 3 pairs of shoes for a tenner. :D How old is your DD?

I posted earlier in the year on here to say I'd lost my job and I had plenty of spare time on my hands but no cash. Well like buses 3 jobs came along at once. All temporary agency work, but of varying lengths and pay, so I took the most tempting and now I'm working full time, so I have the cash but no time to shop -lol. As the job might only last 6 months max, I have a list of things I need to acquire before I'm job hunting again. I found that the most frustrating before, not knowing what was coming so I couldn't plan ahead.

Now going to flick through the last few pages and see what bargains anyone has found. ;)
  • Treasurequeen
    Options
    murie wrote: »
    Mrs Ryan- sounds like a good shopping trip all round- lovely Christmassy things to ogle over and bargain pressie buying into the bargain- just what we all love!

Treasurequeen- Im off to the works website to have a gander as the money boxes sound nice.

Mrs I- you certainly have had an expensive week by the sound of it- cheeky devils BT! Glad you managed to re negotiate a better monthly monthly bill-that's a heck of a difference! The cardi for DGD sounds like a plan!

Nothing for Christmas this week for me although DD has bought tickets for mom, me and herself to see the Nutcracker at the Birmingham Hippodrome in mid December so that is a lovely treat to look forward to- I'm really excited! She has ordered some Nutcracker ornaments from China and she is going to glitz them up with glitter and sequins and give one to mom and one for each of us as a tangible memory to be brought out every year.

I've just taken the chocolate and butterscotch muffins out of the oven for our afternoon tea which I am going to put onto the cupcake carousel that mom got me reduced from Wilkinson's last week- £5 ! Its lovely and Ive already decided it going to be part of my Christmas decorations as I can jazz it up with fairy lights .

Hope everyone has a lovely( if soggy) day x

Murie those chocolate and butterscotch muffins sound divine, could I possibly have the recipe? The cupcake carousel sounds like a great idea. Christmas cupcakes would look lovely on it.
  • freespirit66
    freespirit66 Posts: 3,226 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Afternoon everyone, just a quickie will read back later i have done it, although it needs an iron, i have completed my UFO:

IMG_1142_zpsc2ydpeb1.jpg
    #103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • murie
    murie Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Spendless- well done to your DD- you have obviously taught her well about getting bargains! Fingers crossed your job will last longer than the 6 months x

Treasurequeen- pm sent

Free- woohoo!! Bet you have a real sense of achievement now that its done! Now don't be rude but............what you gonna do with them now? Do you have somewhere in mind for it or is it one of THOSE crafts lol?
    lovin' this site!
    :j
  • System
    System Posts: 178,095 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Spendless wrote: »
    Aww bless. Always more scary for the adult than the child. My 13yo attended a drama summer school last week, with no requirement for adults to pick up, she decided on the last day that she wanted to bus her own way home. Something she's never done before from town and I wasn't convinced she knew her way from theatre to bus station. DH told me I was panicking and to let her get on with it, she would work her own way out, and she did. She even went shopping to Primark and bought herself 3 pairs of shoes for a tenner. :D How old is your DD?

She is 19 but has Epilepsy/Autism/dyspraxia which also includes severe short term memory issues.

Well done to your daughter obviously a good little bargain hunter too.
  • freespirit66
    freespirit66 Posts: 3,226 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Evening everyone, yesterday was really tiring, i babysat for Thumper yesterday morning but woke up at 5am and couldnt get back to sleep, then i ran some errands HB and Asda and Fabric shop then home for a couple of hours then back to babysit Thumper again for the evening so DD2 and OH could have a much needed night out at the cinema, i didnt get back until 11.15 so was too tired to even pick the laptop up. So today was a relaxing chilled day, i just read, sewed my bunting, napped and watched a bit of christmas on channel 5. I cant remember who it was who mentioned about the Clintons sale but DS got me two boxes of the most gorgeous cards (i didnt need them but didnt have the heart to tell him) reduced from £15 to 99p :eek:
    They are 3d as well.

NIC hi nice to see you back, glad you have had a good summer with the kids, shame about you having to put up with nasty people at work, for goodness sake do they not know they arent in the playground now??? Just rise above it my lovely. Sorry things didnt work out for you but enjoy being single, i love the freedom to do what i want when i want with no probing questions about where, when, why and how long i will be etc :D

TREASUREQUEEN thanks for the link and the works tip will have a nose after being on here

KARRIE i think your ideas for your granny are lovely, good luck with the bullet journal i hope you enjoy using it

MRS_RYAN glad you enjoyed Harrods you sound as if you got some lovely things

MRSINVISIBLE well done on haggling with the phone company, your jingle bells sound fab!

MURIE aww what a lovely thought of DD to give you all keepsakes of the ballet. Mmm chocolate and butterscotch sounds blooming lovely, your carousel looks lovely on IG that would look fab with fairy lights on it. The nail kit looks great. Well now you say that im not sure, it was going to be for the verandah but now DD1 and i are trying to do the garden up we have gone for a different colour scheme, they might look nice in the conservatory but i dont know if they will get on my nerves, probably i will just bring them out on certain occasions :o

SPENDLESS glad you found a job after being made redundant

#103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • System
    System Posts: 178,095 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I am so chuffed , at the comicon DD saw a light up etched Jurassic park ornament but we got distracted and forgot to go back for one . Well after much searching i have found the company and am waiting on a price. So another pressie will be sorted.

They are on f/b called incredible innovations/bootle bargains , they can do anything basically including custom orders. computer won't let me do links for some reason but might be worth a look.
  • vulpix
    vulpix Posts: 2,321 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 22 August 2016 at 10:03AM
    Options
    helloeeeeee,only me from over the sea as they say.

Nice bunting Free.I was one of the people who said they would finish a UFO. I can't remember what it was! It may have been making new sofa back cushions. I have done that.I got all my craft stuff out yesterday afternoon as I was home alone,spread it all over the sitting room and my DD1 phoned to say she and BF were visiting!Just shoved it up a bit so they could sit down.

I intended to start my jingle bells craft but found something else I was waylaid into making for a church I don't attend.Spent all evening on it,nearly done.I have decided what I am going to make,just need to get on with it. I feel a bit guilty if it isnt actually chucking it down that I'm not in the garden.I am a bit stuck now as I need to hire an angle grinder to trim some concrete before I can build another wall.Once that's done she says casually like it won't take weeks,I can lay the stone to make the top patio.

It doesn't rain but it pours.My Mum's friend has snitched on her.She has been passing out and falling over.When she comes round she cannot see for a while.She has agreed to go to the optician but point blank refuses to go to GP. I am working on her. This has been happening for a year!!!!!!!!!!!

I am thinking that I will make some edible gifts later in the year.Rosemary olive oil.marmalade,gingerbread etc.

Laters,Take Care V xxx

P.S way to go for your daughter Chrissy. Congratulations and commiserations where appropriate for everyone,sorry just not got time to reply individually.x
     :
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport