From Flat to Farmhouse

Options

Comments

• FloppyDisk
    FloppyDisk Posts: 864 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    5.5 days left to go. Big meeting on Monday then it should be pretty quiet after that, thankfully. Doing my 2nd job this weekend which I always regret agreeing to do when it comes to it but one weekend's work pays the hoss livery for a month so it is worth blitzing through.

July is going to be expensive having to sort out the flat and replace my laptop which is currently a work one. I'll also only get paid two weeks work and I'm expecting a delay on the next salary to next month.

£9.20 TT'd and I opened up a tesco internet saver at a whopping 1.1%, can't believe that's the best you can get these days. Vet visit this evening to discuss future options. :(
    Mortgage Apr 18 £417,894 BTL Mar 18 £162,857
    Mortgage now -- £350,085 BTL now --- £162,668
  • hiddenshadow
    hiddenshadow Posts: 2,525 Forumite
    Options
    Hope the vet visit goes well. :)
  • FloppyDisk
    Options
    Old job -7 days now and I haven't missed it! Almost time to start the new one. Have spent the week painting and fixing the flat, it is so nice to have all little jobs that I had been putting off finally done, even if I don't get to enjoy the results.
    Only trouble was one window which I had bodged 4 years ago with filler turning out to be completely rotten through, so have taken it out to be fixed and returned next week. So it's still not quite ready for viewings but not far off.

I have loved doing the work and really can't wait for the next project when I'm ready to buy the next one.

Hoss has had his last treatment from the vet this evening, he has two more weeks of rest then we can scan him and see if it has fixed it. He has been completely fine despite being locked up so he has at least had the best rest possible for the past few months.

I still haven't bought a laptop yet so have had a whole week off my mortgage spreadsheet.... I started to feel really quite uncomfortable about that yesterday! Hoping that work will give me one on Monday. And I have borrowed a snazzy road bike so I can cycle to work in future, when the rain stops at least....

Off to catch up on other diaries!
  • FloppyDisk
    edited 17 September 2017 at 7:37AM
    Options
    All work except fitting the window is now done, hurrah. The new paint has made the place look so clean and fresh and we took lots of junk to the garage so we're almost good to go. It just needs a good clean once the window is back in and then it's ready for viewings.
    Meanwhile at "home" we are now decluttering with full force and have started to put our vast array of old sports equipment on the big bay. I'm a bit slow with technology and haven't actually used it before... Probably missed out on loads of bargains!
  • FloppyDisk
    edited 26 July 2017 at 8:24AM
    Options
    One step forward, two steps back. Bf's landlord has decided to sell. Which a huge shame as the rent was very very reasonable.
    New window for the flat is being fitted tomorrow but I now need to keep it off the market for now just in case we end up back there. Grumble grumble.
  • FloppyDisk
    Options
    First viewer looking at the flat today, time to panic!!! I am very sensibly looking at farmhouses to buy. We don't want to buy yet but it's always worth looking right?? And checking mortgage affordability calculators aren't helping, banks would lend us £600k. That does buy quite a nice pad.

£2.50 tilly tidied to keep my feet on the ground.
  • Jessy103
    Jessy103 Posts: 1,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Hope the viewing went well?! If it makes you feel better I look at houses on Rightmove everyday! Lol!
    Mortgage Balance as of Jan 24 £36,500 Starting Mortgage Balance (June 2019) £72,000. 2024 Overpayment Challenge: Jan £558.40, Feb £588.11, Mar £497.32
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    oh my goodness things have rolled on in your world.....
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • FloppyDisk
    Options
    Ah, no I meant viewing on bf's flat, we need to get moving quickly. Funny how "thinking of selling" turned into "have already put it on rightmove" in one day.

Good to see you again Watty, I feel like I have been rightmove dreaming of farmhouses for years, so I'm quite glad that things are changing.

Off out now to buy a laptop, money out but spreadsheet can make a return.
  • Downshifterella
    Options
    Ooooo a £600k farmhouse sounds amazing!!!:p probably not the money saving answer you wanted!

Good luck with the flat sorting....I'm on a bit of a declutter mission for our place so must figure out e*bay at some point too! Always wonder if it's worth the hassle for the time it takes but definitely seems to work well for lots of people!
    Ella x
    MF planning for the simple life :beer::j
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport