From Flat to Farmhouse

Options

Comments

• FloppyDisk
    FloppyDisk Posts: 864 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 16 June 2017 at 12:23PM
    Options
    Thanks Shadow. Unfortunately things have escalated with Hoss face and he has ligament damage needing at least 6 months off work. Having to wrestle with options and what that means for him now. Money isn't really an issue thankfully but quality of life for everyone involved is.
    Mortgage Apr 18 £417,894 BTL Mar 18 £162,857
    Mortgage now -- £350,085 BTL now --- £162,668
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    Sorry to hear about hoss and work being troublesome. Huge congratulations on mortgage figures.
  • hiddenshadow
    hiddenshadow Posts: 2,525 Forumite
    Options
    Ooh, bummer. :( Can he go on super low-maintenance turn-out in the meantime? My TBs loved it when I gave them 24/7 turnout and didn't coop them in a stall. (Depends on his ligament treatment, of course.)
  • FloppyDisk
    Options
    He could, and the new yard are so flexible and helpful, but it would be better if he was on proper box rest. He's such a kind horse that even if he isn't too impressed about it, he won't be stroppy or dangerous. Just have to see how it goes. It gives me a chance to sell the lorry as I had planned, with no rush to buy another, so it will be a few months to take stock.

More than ever, the idea of a house with land would be lovely, long term security for me and the Hoss! And thankfully, I got offered the new job today which gives me a lot more options. Without an impending lorry purchase, I am tempted to overpay those savings and improve the figures more.
  • hiddenshadow
    hiddenshadow Posts: 2,525 Forumite
    Options
    Ooh, congrats on the job offer. :)
  • FloppyDisk
    Options
    Thanks Shadow. Now on a 3 week count down to finish my notice period, then a week off to sort out the flat. Oh yes, changed my mind again and am renting it out for a year. Things are going well with the boyf and even if they weren't, I think my city days are numbered anyway. Hopefully I can get away with not doing the bathroom still, but I'm now torn between renting it as a whole or doing a room share as the city is popular with young professionals and I've just started good deals with gas and leccy etc.

Hoss bumbling along with box rest and treatment, I'm not making any decisions yet about his future, trying to enjoy a bit of a break for now. When I stop enjoying it, I'll think about the options. Insurance are covering the costs.

Lodger moves out on Friday, she has been wonderful looking after the place when I have hardly been home. Except for that time I came home unannounced and she had the heating on at 30 degrees and all the windows open...:eek:
  • FloppyDisk
    edited 28 June 2017 at 3:07PM
    Options
    £4.11 tilly tidied and having signed my new contract, I decided to chuck £3k from my savings at the mortgage before my new OP allowance comes around. 12.5 days left at this job, and the client is attempting to squeeze every last ounce of life out of me in that time.

With the flat empty, on Saturday I'll be moving the remainder of my stuff to BF's flat and working out what jobs need doing to it.
    I'd like to block the fire place up so it's a bit safer and maybe the odd spot of paint.

Really hope being a landlord isn't too tricky...
  • FloppyDisk
    Options
    2 NSDs in a row! They make spreadsheet upkeep a lot more simple too, should have tried that long ago.
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Congratulations on the new job!
  • FloppyDisk
    Options
    Thanks Sister! 9 days left, not that I'm counting.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport