Bulb Energy Reviews: Give your feedback on the energy supplier

Options

Comments

• Bill_Young
    Options
    I apparently switched to Bulb on 4th December, through the Cheap Energy Club but not peep from them. Not even an acknowledgement!

Now the Cheap Energy Club is showing Bulb as dearer than my current supplier even on standard tariff - how do I cancel and start again!!
  • Rm1505
    Rm1505 Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    Are bulb still doing the hotel chocolat gift when joining as I just joined a couple of weeks ago and didn’t receive any !!!128519;
  • astrok
    Options
    Moved to Bulb through the Energy Club. Process went smoothly. Not impressed with casual assumed use of my firstname, I want to be a customer not suddenly become their 'mate'. After a few months one of my meters started to make a loud noise. Used their chat option on the website but the person seemed reluctant to chat and wanted to call me (not possible at that time for me). Then after I told her about the noise from the meter she said all meters make some noise, not impressed as this could be heard throughout the house and had been fine for 15+ years. Eventually managed to persuade her to book an engineer to come and replace the meter. The date arrived, no show, no comms, no nothing. Brilliant. Second date arrived and this time sorted. A couple of weeks later I get an email from them containing the first name and address of one of their other customers including their monthly payment amount. I think I'll be moving on from Bulb.
  • ASavvyBuyer
    ASavvyBuyer Posts: 1,737 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    astrok wrote: »
    Moved to Bulb through the Energy Club.

Why?
    You could have used a referral code and got £50 credited to your account :money:
  • Walaboobah
    Options
    Just signed up to Bulb using a Friend's Referral Code earning them £50 and us £50! Also Bulb will pay the £70 exit fee with EDF and the bill works out at £5 a month less than it did with EDF who have been far and away the cheapest suppliers for a while in our area. Have switched tariff's a number of times with them but not been able to leave until now.

I'm well happy, and so's my friend!
  • CaptGraybags
    Options
    My switch to Bulb went through a month ago - and I am very happy with price I am now paying for energy, however....
    When I had to enter my initial meter readings a couple of days before transfer, the website wouldn't accept them, so I emailed the problem to your support team. No response by transfer day so I telephoned through the readings, which the agent assured me had been entered. Yesterday I logged on to upload this months meter readings only to find that the previous electricity meter reading was incorrect and not what I had reported.
    It seems you had entered a reading as reported by my previous supplier - a reading you advised me you were suspicious about. No doubt they (Spark) are trying to scam you as well as me!
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,547 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    In December, we said we might need to increase our prices. Sadly, wholesale energy costs have stayed high, which means we will need to increase prices by 2.8% for a typical home.

These new prices will take effect from 28 April. No one likes a price increase, so we're giving you 60 days' notice to mull things over.

Just had the email
  • gz989
    gz989 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Switched recently to Bulb, going live on the 6th March. I'm currently with Iresa and thinking of cancelling my direct debit with them via my bank, just in case they mess up the final bill and I can query it before payment. Is that a good or bad idea - would it affect my credit rating? TIA
  • Anthorn
    Anthorn Posts: 4,362 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    gz989 wrote: »
    Switched recently to Bulb, going live on the 6th March. I'm currently with Iresa and thinking of cancelling my direct debit with them via my bank, just in case they mess up the final bill and I can query it before payment. Is that a good or bad idea - would it affect my credit rating? TIA

Cancelling the direct debit prior to the final bill is overall a bad idea depending on how Bulb issue refunds and how the bill is paid: If they pay credits to the same account as the DD you could lose out or have to pay a fee for a payment for example by cheque. Or it could be you will be charge extra for the DD bouncing and/or to pay by a different means. You will need to check on Bulb's conditions.
  • Anthorn
    Anthorn Posts: 4,362 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Be careful with Bulb's promises re. Warm Home Discount Scheme. As far as I know they have kept their users hanging with a "perhaps soon" type of response. Their latest response is that Warm Home Discount should be available for winter 2018.

BUT in consideration of the qualifying date being in or around the month of June if they start WHD after June the first qualifying period will be 2019/2020.
    The latest update is that it will be available for winter this year (2018)
    https://community.bulb.co.uk/discussion/593/warm-home-discount-scheme
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure