🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Cross Stitch Cafe 2016 - Spend Less and Stitch More

Options

Comments

• mary_hinge
    mary_hinge Posts: 1,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    :wave:

Missy Hinge is 11 and she got a "me to you bear" cross stitch kit for christmas.... I spent a good chunk of post xmas lunch stuffage on the sofa showing her the ropes! I haven't stitched for a couple of year and it has given me the bug to get back to it.

Last night I dug out my WIP of a county companions mouse with butterfly and made a start! I have a huge tinkerbell on the go so will aim to finish them both off in 2016 :beer:

Mrs H x
    Living in a superhero induced haze :A:A
    "You did good Kidda!" :D
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,920 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Hope you all had a lovely Boxing Day. We were at ILs and I managed to chip a front bottom tooth whilst attempting to bite off a small snaggy nail (I was wearing a dress and tights and didn't want a ladder). I now have a rough back edge to my tooth, which I can't stop touching with my tongue :( so upset :(

In other news, I am posting an update pic of Sydney. I think I'm about 2/3rds through now judging by the pic. Would like to get this finished by end of January so I can start something new.
    image_1.jpeg

image_2.jpeg

DSis, BIL, DMum and DDad are coming over today with my neice and 3 nephews. Better get a wiggle on and start the cooking!
    Hope you all have a fab day.
    Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP: HSC Winter Panel 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert 14/24
  • nmm
    nmm Posts: 2,382 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Welcome Mrs H, lovely to see another new member :) My first cross stitch was a country companions kit, they are so cute, I look forward to your update photos.
    Cross Stitch Cafe Member No1WIP: Cross Stitch: Seascape Kit - Crochet:
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    Update looking very good Coxy, sorry to hear about your tooth.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • nmm
    Options
    Coxy, love the Sydney update, I think it will easily be completed by the end of January, i'll keep [STRIKE]nagging[/STRIKE] encouraging you to get it done :rotfl:
  • flowerofscotland
    Options
    Seems like everyone had a good Christmas :xmastree:

We celebrate on both Christmas Day and Boxing Day ( yes I cook 2 Christmas dinners ) so today is going to be a quiet relaxing day and I hope I might even fit in some stitching :D

I got some stitch you gifts including a cross stitch box with charts and threads, a ruler/cutter combo and some fabulous new dressmaking scissors. My hints were heeded :rotfl:

I haven't had time to do a list for 2016 yet but my current priority is to finish a monthly SAL from The Frosted Pumpkin http://www.thefrostedpumpkinstitchery.com/collections/all-pdf-patterns/products/2015-story-time-sampler-pdf-cross-stitch-pattern

I'd kept up with the monthly instalments until November which was only completed mid December I've stitched the border for December so want to complete it by the end of the year.

I've already subscribed to their 2016 SAL so that's one for the list. I'll be using fabric and threads from stash to stitch it

I don't really do Valentine's but I would like to stitch a wedding sampler for some friends so perhaps I can count that?
  • flowerofscotland
    Options
    Coxy11 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Hope you all had a lovely Boxing Day. We were at ILs and I managed to chip a front bottom tooth whilst attempting to bite off a small snaggy nail (I was wearing a dress and tights and didn't want a ladder). I now have a rough back edge to my tooth, which I can't stop touching with my tongue :( so upset :(

In other news, I am posting an update pic of Sydney. I think I'm about 2/3rds through now judging by the pic. Would like to get this finished by end of January so I can start something new.
    image_1.jpeg

image_2.jpeg

DSis, BIL, DMum and DDad are coming over today with my neice and 3 nephews. Better get a wiggle on and start the cooking!
    Hope you all have a fab day.
    Coxy

This looks fabulous. I've got a couple of these city designs. I think they're wonderful
  • Maisie_M
    Maisie_M Posts: 1,524 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all

Hope you all had a nice Christmas. We are having a chill day today as it's the first day we have had on our own.

My WIP will be this. 23920541731_da613d389f_k.jpg2015-12-27 12.29.17 by Maisiecm, on Flickr

My valentine's challenge will be these two as I want to make coasters for my two sons
    23635232409_8bfbaceb01_k.jpg2015-12-27 12.30.56 by Maisiecm, on Flickr
    23376293333_0e59f5d132_k.jpg2015-12-27 12.31.06 by Maisiecm, on Flickr
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    I really enjoyed doing in 100 years. Love the coasters.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • nmm
    Options
    I had some birthday money so treated myself to the R&R lap frame, reduced to £19.46 at stitcher, it was the last one in stock :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 2 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family