The Spreadsheet Diva's MF Diary

Options

Comments

• Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,937 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    All for spending to have an amazing memory.
    I learnt that from my journey here. Scrimp save on the small stuff but have an amazing memory and celebration. Go for it.

Is there anyone Sampson likes that he could stay overnight with? Or that could overnight at yours?
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • SueP19
    SueP19 Posts: 1,876 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 21 October 2016 at 9:52AM
    Options
    He loves everyone lolol. My options are DD but that would mean her coming up and bring stuck in middle nowhere without transport for 2 days, mind you her bf loves him because he was never allowed pets. Option 2 my neighbour but she has small children, Samson adores them and is great with the baby but too full on with the 2 year old (I worry he wants to be with them more), both these mean he stays at home which is best for him. Option 3 he goes to my mum and dads which will be easier for us but would hate to set him back on the abandoned issues.

As for memories we have a few but on the cheap always marred by having to "pay" for any joy we have had. I just want to show my OH just once what's it's like to just do it. His idea of a treat is a magazine. Xx
    Debt Free Diary - Second Chances! Life in a Tourer........Tilly Tidy Founder in 2016, Tilly Tidy 2023 £17.43, NSD Jan 2023 9/10, Debt £13,491.65
  • mrsp1987
    mrsp1987 Posts: 815 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Wedding Day Wonder Cashback Cashier
    Options
    I had to google what KM was but finally managed to find out and did some reading. Sounds really interesting - I might give it a go as I was thinking of sorting out my wardrobe anyway
  • SueP19
    Options
    You should have just pm'd me mrs. I found it on here but there is a great fb group xxx
    Debt Free Diary - Second Chances! Life in a Tourer........Tilly Tidy Founder in 2016, Tilly Tidy 2023 £17.43, NSD Jan 2023 9/10, Debt £13,491.65
  • SueP19
    Options
    Morning all on this slightly chilly morning :snow_grin

Well been busy already this morning, dropped keys off for work on the car, have to get back to them to pay and pick up car tonight. Been into Mr M's and bought some bits £24:mad: BUT I bought quite a bit of mince for a bit of batch cooking, never really done this before. Am going to try to make mince cobbler, corn beef hash, mince pasta bake, lasagne and tuna pasta bake :D:D:D

I think that will do about 10 meals................I bought some foil containers £1.57 for 4 from Mr M's :eek::eek: think I will check out £land next week :):)

Money saving well Frayed you will be proud, paid the grand sum of waaaaaiiiiitttt for it £3.52 :T:T
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I'm KMing - have been on and off for about 18 months. Tonight I did a second pass on a cupboard in the kitchen and got rid of 2 pieces of Tupperware, 5 ramekins, a mug and 3 brand new bowls. All of these passed joy test last time but I have decided they don't this time :)

AM also on the FBk group, but don't post on there often
    x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • SueP19
    Options
    It's amazing how something you think sparks joy doesn't really, I have thinned clothes three times and still not happy lolol
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    Options
    Gosh Sue, so much to catch up on. Decorating - get to it, will be so nice, when you have finished, and its great to have an empty room and only put items in there that give you joy :) No clutter or [STRIKE]rubbish[/STRIKE] sorry, storing items :D

Tattoo, great idea, you need to live and as its a "special" occasion x 3, its something you will both always remember, (hope its not for how cold it was :D) mind and take a fleecy blanket, and flasks with you :) if you decide.
    My mum & dad were lucky enough (for quite a few years) to get free tickets to the tattoo every year as my dad's brother and his son were both in the tattoo, along with another great family story attached to it.

KMing - keep going, I now have a lovely neat, clear, tidy bedroom. Shame about the rest of the house :o Feel I go about in circles, the whole time, need to get my finger out and @**e in gear. I will, I will.

Batch cooking, have only tried this recently, and I can honestly say - it's great (for me) I tend to like plain food, so stick to mince (& tatties with carrots & onion), chicken (with gravy & tatties), chicken (sweet & sour) my fav - go to town with this one (pineapples, onions, carrots, S&S sauce and spring onion) yummy. Of course had to buy a 4L tub of ice cream, maybe try home made, :D One thing at a time.

Oh, and you saved £3.52, I knew you could do it :T think that may be about the amount I last o/p'd to my mortgage :j Every little helps, and boosts confidence for me. £ shop is great for containers and also a shop we have called £stretchers, not sure if you have them, though.

Keep going, your making headway with it all, and most of all keep well. Hope I've not forgot anything, so much to catch up on.
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
    Now a Part Timer from 27.10.19
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,937 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ohh mince cobbler sounds good. I use these for some of my batch cooking http://www.lakeland.co.uk/15649/10-Stack-a-Boxes-Food-Storage-Containers-750ml as work out cheaper than foil as last for ever. Just use the foil containers for stuff that doesn't decant and reheat like lasagne. Mine have lasted 'forever' and I have lots as sometimes try to cook food for the month over a couple of days.
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • SueP19
    Options
    Lol Frayed so much to do

My mum wants to go car booting tomorrow and I have promised all summer so that's another to add to my list:mad:

I so envy your mum and dad we have always wanted to go so it would be for both of us.

KM ing it's hard work trying to find the time I could have really done with tomorrow to clear the carp :eek:
    OP ing I felt fabulous again I know it was only 3.52 but it felt like £352 when I did it :D

Watts and mrsp you use get the book it's about so much more than decluttering. So far it has helped me realise why my house is a mess why I hoard and it has helped me understand how all of it keeps me back and drags me down xxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure