Options

Comments

• Kittenkirst
    Kittenkirst Posts: 2,563 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yay welcome back SueP!!

Sorry to hear about the scare you've had this year though x
    First home- Oct’16 until June’21: £170.995- Overpayments made £13,784 (25% extra!).
    New forever home- Sep’21 £309,449 @ 2.05%. Plan to clear it before 30 years!!!!!!
  • SueP19
    SueP19 Posts: 1,876 Forumite
    Options
    Gory details tomorrow lolol xx
    Debt Free Diary - Second Chances! Life in a Tourer........Tilly Tidy Founder in 2016, Tilly Tidy 2023 £17.43, NSD Jan 2023 9/10, Debt £13,491.65
  • PrincessLou
    Options
    Yay! You're back! :j:T
    Mortgage - £105,500
  • Moneyfordreams
    Options
    Welcome back :D
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • AlexLK
    AlexLK Posts: 6,125 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Glad to hear you're back, Sue. :)
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
    Mortgage Overpayments £5,500
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    Options
    :j You have plenty of friends on here, looks like I wasn't the only one missing you :grouphug:

Welcome back . . . . . . . . . :A
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
    Now a Part Timer from 27.10.19
  • SueP19
    edited 18 October 2016 at 10:11AM
    Options
    Well I have to say it's a lovely surprise and for one who is suffering "worthlessness" a real heart warming boost to know some of you missed me. I missed you all too, there is a lot to be said for anonymous posting

I stopped posting for a number of reasons

I felt that my posts were always negative and I wanted to inspire people that life wasn't always terrible and despite suffering a lifetime of debt you could do this, after all if I could do it anyone could. With DD losing her job then having to walk away from job 2 this really put the pressure on an already overloaded me..................I got myself into the world of constant self attack mode and this was being seen in my postings.

DD did get job no 3 and although its a lot less salary it's a far better job.

During the summer, 25th July to exact, I woke to being blind in one eye, my central vision was completely blurred and dark, over the next few days that changed to include sparkly lights, not migraine flashes or blood pressure ones but like a mass of electric eels writhing around. I found it very difficult to operate, my eyes were used to working together, the strain on my good eye was horrendous. After a few days I went to the opticians and went straight to hospital for tests. They found nothing wrong with my eye itself and declared it was in my brain :eek::eek:

Resulting MRI and tests couldn't find anything and they were quite nasty because I wanted to talk about the possibility of MS, not that I was panic stricken I just needed to know my odds for forward planning. They dismissed me as being hysterical, work was no better and I was told "I was making a big deal over nothing when other people here had proper health issues to worry over" OH didn't mention it at all...................he said "you know I hate hospitals and stuff" .................So high and dry with no support, yet again. I did pin OH down in the end and he did say he just didn't want to make me worry more, I said well your lack interest comes across as uncaring!!!

My eyesight did come back slowly and my GP put things very well "most people with MS start with an optical nerve disturbance but not all people who have an optical nerve disturbance develop MS" .....perfect, exactly what I wanted.

I can plan just in case.

2016 has been the year for big :idea: moments starting with op my mortgage, then came walking (not going to hit 1000 miles but hey who gives a :p) then came bullet journal, just brilliant. Next up was KM'ing, a slow process but that's not a race either.

Last but not least is YNAB, only been using it a few weeks so early days...............got to watch the youtube things I think as I'm trying to fit my old ways into it so am missing the point a bit :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

How have you all been......................good I hope. I hope life has been kind to you.

I turned 50 last week and having spent the day crying for the life that I have had and the life I should have had, I grasped the mettle and decided I am not single handedly responsible for lifes problems, I can only do what I can and I am human, if I don't forgive me then other won't :D:D
    Debt Free Diary - Second Chances! Life in a Tourer........Tilly Tidy Founder in 2016, Tilly Tidy 2023 £17.43, NSD Jan 2023 9/10, Debt £13,491.65
  • misscousinitt
    Options
    Sue I am glad you are back.

What a rough time you have had.

You know that you can moan as much as you like - I certainly do!

Hope things are on the up for you. As you say, it's a marathon, not a sprint - take it one step at a time and I am sure it will al come right for you.

Take care.

MCI
    Mortgage Free x 1 03.11.2012 - House rented out Feb 2016
    Mortgage No 2: £82, 595.61 (31.08.2019)
    OP's to Date £8500

Renovation Fund:£511.39;
    Nectar Points Balance: approx £30 (31.08.2019)
  • SueP19
    Options
    Thanks, I always seem to be having it rough lolol .................

.................I was so Genghis Khan in a former life :rotfl::rotfl:
  • misscousinitt
    Options
    I know how grinding it can be when things seem to constantly be going wrong.

You are so good to keep a light heart with it though.

Keep moaning - we don't mind and if it helps you! - then all is good.

MCI x
    Mortgage Free x 1 03.11.2012 - House rented out Feb 2016
    Mortgage No 2: £82, 595.61 (31.08.2019)
    OP's to Date £8500

Renovation Fund:£511.39;
    Nectar Points Balance: approx £30 (31.08.2019)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure