The Mortgage Free in Three - Take 4 challenge (MFiT-T4)

Options

Comments

• A_Frayed_Knot
    Options
    Yes, Well Done !!! Congratulations

[FONT=&quot]Always have a 0 at the end of your mortgage balance and someday it will all be 0's [/FONT]:rotfl:
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
    Now a Part Timer from 27.10.19
  • ElusiveLucy
    Options
    Thanks everyone. At the start it felt like this day was a lifetime away but the last couple of years have flown by and I can hardly believe the day has arrived!
    What goes around comes around.....I hope!
  • Suffolk_lass
    Options
    Thanks everyone. At the start it felt like this day was a lifetime away but the last couple of years have flown by and I can hardly believe the day has arrived!

I see your "pillared portico badge" has appeared against your credentials. A very public MSE recognition of a fantastic achievement! I hope you will check up on us periodically like black taxi does - to offer advice and encouragement from a position of BTDT (been there, done that!)

Very well done!
    SL
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 31.1% spent or £932.98/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • ElusiveLucy
    Options
    I will of course. This challenge really helped me stick with it.
    What goes around comes around.....I hope!
  • brila
    brila Posts: 126 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Brilliant news EL - one down already! Many more to come I hope.
    On a mission.
  • Maximum_Saving
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    I began this on 25th January 2016 with a mortgage of £24,531. Now it is £17,141. I am trying very hard to pay off my mortgage.
  • mrsp1987
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    I began this on 25th January 2016 with a mortgage of £24,531. Now it is £17,141. I am trying very hard to pay off my mortgage.

Wow! Looks like you're doing a fab job!!
  • Maximum_Saving
    Options
    Thanks. I am on a fixed mortgage and am allowed to overpay by up to £500 a month.
  • mrsp1987
    Options
    I'm on a fixed mortgage and the minimum I'm allowed to overpay is £500 (max is 10% of my outstanding balance at the start of the calendar year)
  • Maximum_Saving
    Maximum_Saving Posts: 183 Forumite
    edited 11 September 2016 at 5:47PM
    Options
    Hello. It is a pity you can only overpay up to 10% a month. My mortgage is with Nationwide and it allows up to £500 overpayment a month. I pay a direct debit amount early in the month and then do my overpayments before the month ends. When my Regular Saver ends I wish to do a lump payment even though I will pay a fee.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure