We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Contacting adopted children. Leave it alone?

Options
167891012»

Comments

  • duchy
    duchy Posts: 19,511 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Or of course the 2nd husband may indeed be the father after all.
    For him to want to marry her presumably there was already a relationship in progress.

    The Mum may not have wanted to admit it at the time - but it is another possibility.
    I Would Rather Climb A Mountain Than Crawl Into A Hole

    MSE Florida wedding .....no problem
  • mumps
    mumps Posts: 6,285 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    duchy wrote: »
    Or of course the 2nd husband may indeed be the father after all.
    For him to want to marry her presumably there was already a relationship in progress.

    The Mum may not have wanted to admit it at the time - but it is another possibility.

    I can see that from the mothers point of view but not the 2nd husband, if he knew child was his why was he willing to acknowledge the 1st husband was the father and ask him to back off or move out or whatever? He even agreed to 1st husband being at the birth didn't he? I can't see him doing that if he was sure the baby was his.
    Sell £1500

    2831.00/£1500
  • mumps
    mumps Posts: 6,285 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    TBagpuss wrote: »
    Yes, you are. But people lie. And people don't always understand what they can and can't do.

    Oh I agree with you, I can see the attraction for her as well, new man all loved up and wanting the perfect little family but people were saying she wouldn't have been lying and actually she would.
    Sell £1500

    2831.00/£1500
  • duchy
    duchy Posts: 19,511 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    mumps wrote: »
    I can see that from the mothers point of view but not the 2nd husband, if he knew child was his why was he willing to acknowledge the 1st husband was the father and ask him to back off or move out or whatever? He even agreed to 1st husband being at the birth didn't he? I can't see him doing that if he was sure the baby was his.

    Because he didn't want anyone to think his new wife wasn't as respectable as they thought. ?

    Frankly it's all so odd anything is possible
    I Would Rather Climb A Mountain Than Crawl Into A Hole

    MSE Florida wedding .....no problem
  • mumps
    mumps Posts: 6,285 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    duchy wrote: »
    Because he didn't want anyone to think his new wife wasn't as respectable as they thought. ?

    Frankly it's all so odd anything is possible

    Maybe, it is odd though.
    Sell £1500

    2831.00/£1500
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 344.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.8K Life & Family
  • 249.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards