Direct debit problem - Santander and Vodafone blaming each other

Options

Comments

• vigman
    vigman Posts: 1,377 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Craig in Glasgow obviously sorted the error when he noticed my account code had been put in the field for "Bank Name" as today.........THE DD IS SET UP ON MY SANTANDER JOINT ACCOUNT!!!!! (Yes, shouting) :p

Vigman
    Any information given in my posts or replies is intended to be of interest and/or help to members of the forum. I cannot guarantee that this is accurate or up to date.
  • vigman
    Options
    jd87 wrote: »
    Just an update on my case (I didn't respond to the customer rep above as I've not been back here for a while). I now have a late payment marker on my credit file (found it on Noddle last night). I'm furious and I've written to Vodafone today.

I also wrote but with no reply so far BUT when you get the late payment/restricted service marker you get a different number to call and this went through to a Glasgow billing centre and the helpful assistant Craig noticed that the Bank Name field had got my account number filled in instead!

As of today the DD appears against my Santander account.

Vigman
    Any information given in my posts or replies is intended to be of interest and/or help to members of the forum. I cannot guarantee that this is accurate or up to date.
  • vigman
    Options
    ....but have got a £4.17 Late Payment charge on my next bill :mad::mad::mad:

Vigman
  • vigman
    Options
    Hi vigman,

So I can access your account, please email me via the contact details provided in post 15 above.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Comms

Vodafone UK

Lee: My auto response code was: WRT135 [#12249204]

Although my DD with Santander finally seems to be set up I have now been charge £4.17 late payment because Vodafone could not successfully set up a direct debit on Santander without multiple calls, live chats and letters! Please arrange a refund for this as soon as possible!

Vigman
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    vigman, as this is now beyond a joke, I would now drop Mr. Hoencamp, the CEO of Vodafone UK, jeroen.hoencamp at vodafone.com, a quick email.

He is of the view that ‘Everything should just work’ - and how right he is. You should make him aware that unfortunately, not everything does just work.

http://blog.vodafone.co.uk/2015/05/12/vodafone-uk-ceo-jeroen-hoencamp-talks-customer-service/

They shouldn't just pay you the £4.17 they incorrectly charged you, but they should also
    1. pay you some compensation for all the unnecessary run-around they have given you
    2. confirm that they have not reported a late payment to any of the credit reference agencies (of course you'll also have to check this yourself over the next month or two)
  • RuthnJasper
    RuthnJasper Posts: 4,032 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    grumbler wrote: »
    My money is on Vodafone...

Yep, I've had exactly the same problems with Vodafone as the OP. I'm with NatWest. Don't have a clue as to why things started going wrong with the DDs - all was well for years; until a couple of years ago... :(
  • GingerBob_3
    Options
    This is a classic example of why the likes of Vodafone should not be permitted to report their customers' accounts to the CRAs. It beggars belief that in a so-called advanced country we allow people to be placed on a CRA blacklist when they have done absolutely nothing wrong whatsoever. The law needs amending, and quickly.
  • xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,492 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    http://www.vodafone.co.uk/vodafone-uk/forms/complaints/#

Worth a telephone call to Ombudsman Services Communications?
  • jd87
    jd87 Posts: 2,345 Forumite
    Options
    Anyone know what my chances are of getting the late payment marker removed from my credit files?
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    jd87 wrote: »
    Anyone know what my chances are of getting the late payment marker removed from my credit files?

100% if it was due Vodafone's ineptness.

You can follow the procedure offered by the credit reference agencies (and you probably will have to do it for all three). This can take months.

I personally would write to Mr. Hoencamp about it. He will of course not remove it himself but he will task one of his Executive Complaints Team to resolve the matter. It will still take some time to remove it.

Should this be unsuccessful, I'd then go to the Ombudsman, and also to the Press and/or my MP.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure