Avro Energy reviews: Give your feedback

Options

Comments

• cranford
    Options
    At 19.26 today I can see the Avro Simple and Superior tariff.
    Did you tick the "Include plans that require switching directly through the supplier" box on Uswitch?
    Avro seem to be closing and opening new tariffs often at the moment so If this is the tariff you want it looks like you need to move fast.
  • FizzledOut
    Options
    I swapped this time last year from E:ON to Avro. I've been very happy with them, it's been a really good rate (the simple & select). I've emailed them asking for a rate going forward, they've suggested the simple & superior tariff.

However, one point - I'm £137.99 in credit; I know I used to be able to claim sums from British Gas and E:ON without difficulty, but can't see that I can from the Avro website. I want me £'s please :)
  • dnpark38
    Options
    That's why I left Avro and went to E-on because of large credits with Avro, took me 3 requests to get it back.
    Been with E-0n now and 2 months and my final account as not come from Avro yet, fortunately they did stop taking DD payments.
  • griffb
    griffb Posts: 168 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I switched to Avro (Simple & Select tariff) from E.On in November 2016. First switch I can remember to go through without a hitch. Website won't win any awards for design, but it takes readings and produces bills - can't really ask for more!
    Coming to the end of the fixed term in about 8 weeks. None of the comparison sites bring up Avro as a contender, yet a back of an envelope calculation suggests that currently their Simple & Superior is by some way better than the opposition (apart from Iresa, and I certainly ain't going there). I await Avro's offer.....
  • Bobblehat
    Options
    Took the plunge today and initiated switch to Avro from BG Collective fix ending Oct. Cheaper than the new CEC EDF collective fix by £7pm and about the same as EDF were offering before the collective switch was announced. I wanted a "Fixed" tariff with no exit fee and reasonable feedback ... so AVRO is the one I went with.

Within minutes of going online to the Avro site, I'd initiated the switch, got an email with my customer number on and an invite to create an online account, and got the welcome pack via another email a few minutes later. I decided to ring up customer service to clear up a couple of questions and was impressed with the phone service. All good so far, so good signs for the switch process.

As reported elsewhere, Avro do take the 1st DD early, in my case the 18th Oct, and the switch date is 27th Oct, I'm OK with this. One other thing to note if you did rely on BG taking 2 DD's from an account to gain bonuses from that account (e.g. Santander 123, others are available), AVRO take just one DD for both Gas and Elec, so make sure you've got enough DD's to qualify for your bonus.
  • wiseonesomeofthetime
    Options
    I've moved from Avro to Ovo Energy's two year fixed rate deal.

Quote was pennies dearer than Avro, however, cashback incentives countered that.

Cancelled Avro DD as already over a month's DD in credit. Should still be a few pence left over after final bill.

Had my issues with Avro during my year with them, however, would not prevent me from returning in 2019 if deals favourable.
  • Anne_M.
    Options
    I joined Avro in February last year and was surprised when the first direct debit was taken before the account was switched, however when I phoned to query this, the customer service advisor offered to amend the date of the second payment to take it into line with when the direct debit would have been due had I stayed with my previous supplier, I have just moved to another Avro tariff which is cheaper. A couple of minutes on the phone and a speedy email confirmation. On both occasions, the customer service advisor was polite, friendly and helpful. No problems so far.
  • Bobblehat
    Bobblehat Posts: 469 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Best Buy Bear
    edited 28 September 2017 at 3:30PM
    Options
    A little bit more info for anyone thinking of switching to AVRO, which I am in the process of (see #116)

They do not operate the Warm Home Discount Scheme.

Also, I asked if the new tariff I was going on was the cheapest that they could offer me. The reply I got was " We only do one tariff at a time. If we change the tariff and it's cheaper, you can transfer to it."

(Do they only do one tariff at a time? I'm sure I've seem more than one entry for AVRO on comparison websites.)

I asked if they inform customers when a new tariff is available, but the answer was "No! But it is put on our website, if you would like to check occasionally! Also, you can see it on comparison Websites." :undecided

Hope this helps someone!
  • MothballsWallet
    Options
    Well, my switch to Avro is going ok so far.

They've taken the 1st direct debit payment ahead of taking over my supply, and it's correct, so I'm waiting now for the email requesting my switchover meter readings.
  • Galvan
    Galvan Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Have been with Avro since March this year. Initially was a little nervous when I heard nothing for a few weeks regarding the progress of my transfer.
    There was no need to worry, everything went smoothly and I'm actually paying £10 a month less than the MSE prediction.
    I submit readings every month and have had no problems. I agree with previous comments regarding the advance DD, they are upfront about this so if you don't like it don't switch to them
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback