Avro Energy reviews: Give your feedback

Options

Comments

• BernardM
    BernardM Posts: 398 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 9 September 2017 at 7:23AM
    Options
    My experience for this last year with Avro tarrif.

They promised a monthly bill on their site, they sent a bi monthly to start all with estimated figures.

Always ask provider to not calculate it as estimated, Avro are asking you for readings with a reminder email so why send estimated bill.

Provided those meter readings month by month online they gave estimated incorrect bills to start.
    Mostly showing N rather than C and E.
    An estimated Bi monthly bill in November then a monthly bill January and February (all estimated and wrongly calculated).

5 months later in July bill follow on month bill August finally show all my given readings. They owe me a lot of credit now as a result of their miscalculated bills. I guess its best you tell them a very low use before you join any new provider so if they give an estimate from this low and you are using more its them thats out of pocket until they fulfill actual readings.

They are the current cheapest tarrif on CheapEnergyClub

MSE Customer Service Rating: 75% Great, 20% Okay, 5% Poor (71 votes)
    Company info: Avro Energy is a small independent supplier, based in Nuneaton, Warwickshire. The firm launched in December 2015, and currently offers one tariff to new customers.
    Further info: Avro Energy takes direct debits in advance, so your first payment will be taken 21 days after applying to switch.
  • ScoobyZ
    ScoobyZ Posts: 487 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I moved in may 17, just checked Avro now coming out £40 a year cheaper so I have emailed them to go on new Tariff, hopefully this won't be a problem, next cheapest is £39 a year cheaper. :)
  • ScoobyZ
    ScoobyZ Posts: 487 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just got an email back with reduced rate.

Internal switch going ahead!

Pretty Easy, nice one Avro!
  • t0rt0ise
    t0rt0ise Posts: 4,276 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I moved away from Avro for electricity on 11 August. They took a direct debit on that date which I thought was okay as they wouldn't be able to stop it that quick. However they've taken another one today. They have already told me that they had my final reading a week ago and are making a final bill yet still they take another direct debit. I was already in credit with them. I have asked my bank to give it back to me.
  • peterx
    peterx Posts: 137 Forumite
    Options
    Switched to Avro this morning on their Simple and supreme tariff.Fingers crossed.
  • vincit_veritas
    Options
    I switched to Avro in April 2016, and have been very happy with both value and service. I keep an eye on their tariffs, and if they introduce a cheaper one I call them on their 0800 number to switch, and they confirm by email. Today I have switched to their latest "Simple and Supreme" tariff: this free phone call has saved me £55pa. :)
  • P-Nuts
    P-Nuts Posts: 14 Forumite
    edited 24 September 2017 at 2:55PM
    Options
    After a year with no issues, Avro Energy have objected from my switch away from them (the MSE Energy Club tool says they're no longer the cheapest for me). I've supplied them with regular meter readings, but as they haven't raised my monthly direct debit, I currently owe them about £300 (was last winter colder than usual?) Every direct debit they've tried to take has gone through fine, so why are they now making things difficult? Just bill me for the balance and move on!

Edit: I paid off the balance over the phone with debit card, but they've objected again to me switching away. No idea what the reason is this time.
  • The_Big_Bamboo
    Options
    I made the decision (on Sunday) to switch from B.Gas to Avro;…I used uswitch.com rather than the MSE site. I’ve had my Welcome Pack etc from Avro Energy and all appears well.

The tariff I chose was Avro Energy ‘Simple and Supreme’;…but it’s already been superseded by a tariff called ‘Simple and Connected’;…almost identical charges but slightly more expensive for electricity and a bit less for gas. The standing charges are exactly the same for both tariffs.

The minnow suppliers are apparently(?) vying for position on the comparison site leader boards by making small but significant changes to their tariffs; …no doubt we’ll soon see Avro’s ‘Simple and Stupendous’ tariff, quickly followed by their market leading ‘Simple and Superb’ tariff. et al !

I’ve been with Scottish Power and latterly B.Gas for donkeys years. Do the smaller companies make a habit of this tariff ‘musical chairs’?

…’Simple’ it ain’t. :D
  • nic_c
    nic_c Posts: 2,929 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I made the decision (on Sunday) to switch from B.Gas to Avro;…I used uswitch.com rather than the MSE site. I’ve had my Welcome Pack etc from Avro Energy and all appears well.

The tariff I chose was Avro Energy ‘Simple and Supreme’;…but it’s already been superseded by a tariff called ‘Simple and Connected’;…almost identical charges but slightly more expensive for electricity and a bit less for gas. The standing charges are exactly the same for both tariffs.
    USwitch, MSE, and Avroenergy websites all show the same tariff, the "Simple and Connected" but the prices on Uswitch are different to the other two, making it more expensive to go through (which I was for the TCB/Quidco bonus) than direct for the same tariff :eek:
  • The_Big_Bamboo
    Options
    According to uswitch.com ‘Avro Energy’ have no tariffs available anymore,…not when I put my details in anyway;…have they been swamped with new customers? :eek:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback