IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Think I've messed up parking eye

Options

Comments

• Kimberalex
    Options
    Ok so I sent the email to both parking eye and to head of home bargains both had ignored me.

I have recieved a letter this time in my name and not my partners saying that we need to pay the fine it will be £50 if paid within a certain amount of time so they have reissued it as if it's a new fine.
    Parking eye did not respond to my email but obviously read it as I admitted I was the driver at the time. What do I do now? I sent the email 26th of November.
  • Kimberalex
    Options
    Parking eye have acknowledged in the letter they recived my mail telling them I was the driver to which I also included the details of breastfeeding my baby as can see above they have ignored it and sent another letter! Im so angry
  • catfunt
    catfunt Posts: 624 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    So this is the first letter sent by Parking Eye to you in your name??

If so (and hopefully one of the experts can confirm this) the clock may well have been "reset" and if you send in a standard appeal as per the Newbies thread, you might be able to hook a POPLA code.

This will give you the option to appeal to POPLA and there are some points on which you can appeal, for example: was signage sufficient, does PE have the authority from the landowner to issue parking charges.
    This is in addition to compliance with EA2010 which has (to my knowledge) not been tested with "new" POPLA yet unless someone can tell me differently.
    Unfortunately, "not complying with POFA" is not an option since the driver has been named.

Important thing is not to get stressed or panicky about this.. let the anger give you the fight to beat this lot.
    Also important is don't take your eye off any appeal deadlines. You only have 28 days to use a POPLA code.
  • Kimberalex
    Options
    No the original letter was addressed to my partner as he's the registered owner.

I appealed to them explaining I was the driver ( this was 3 weeks ago) and that I was over because I was breastfeeding my 4 month old.. They have ignored the appeal not sent me a popla code and then decided to bill again for the fine from October. Just used a bit of information that I was the driver ignored my point of the equal rights act.

I have anxiety so I'm trying not to panic but can't really help it. :(
  • Kimberalex
    Options
    They have said in the letter that my partner has told them I was the driver he has not it was me I sent the email.
  • AberdeenTyke
    Options
    Seeing as you've admitted the "offence" why not offer to pay? Like at a cheque for 50p a month? Then the ball is in their court. By the way pay for 3 months then stop.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,147 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 18 December 2015 at 1:50PM
    Options
    Seeing as you've admitted the "offence" why not offer to pay? Like at a cheque for 50p a month? Then the ball is in their court. By the way pay for 3 months then stop.

NONO - terrible advice! Paying is bad enough advice but part paying then stopping - CATEGORICALLY NOT.
    They have ignored the appeal not sent me a popla code and then decided to bill again for the fine from October.
    Kimberalex, surely it's simple, surely the letter tells you (on the back?) that you have a right to appeal. You have your first letter so now YOU appeal online to PE. Do it now, Google 'ParkingEye contact' and you have the page.

Have they actually re-sent the PCN in your name this time? If so isn't it obvious this means you can now appeal, because that's what normally happens.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    You complain about the way you are responded to on this forum, and then come out with more nonsense!

If the cap fits.......
  • AberdeenTyke
    Options
    ...er....hang on. She admitted the "offence". How do you think the Parking company will react. Let her off because it's Christmas? You have to play the system. Anyway, it was just my opinion and thoughts. Obviously I was wrong.
  • Kimberalex
    Options
    I've already appealed on the grounds I had to breastfeed my baby. They ignored that part and just took out that I was the driver. I'm just worried I'm not sure how to word the appeal. I have no receipts proof I was shopping at home bargains I paid cash and misplaced it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure