IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Think I've messed up parking eye

Options

Comments

• Kimberalex
    Options
    2.29 Businesses need to take particular care in communicating key terms to consumers who may have greater difficulty than others in collecting, processing and acting upon information and thus in exercising choice effectively. These consumers may include, for example, young consumers (who lack the benefit of experience), some older consumers (studies show that some mental capacities decline with age) and consumers who in circumstances that leave them short of time or inclined to be distracted (for example, new parents or the recently bereaved). Some consumers in categories such as these may especially favour immediacy rather than reflecting on all aspects of their purchasing decisions. Consumers may also be vulnerable in the context of specific transactions, for example when they make infrequent or expensive purchases.

I found this in the consumer rights act in not sure if it would be applicable
  • salmosalaris
    Options
    "But isn't UTTCR outdated now as specified by coupon mad and replaced eight the consumer rights act?"

Indeed it is , old habits !
    Replace UTCCR with Consumer Rights Act 2015 but the points are still valid
    Para 62.4 and 69.1 are the relevant ones
  • Kimberalex
    Options
    "But isn't UTTCR outdated now as specified by coupon mad and replaced eight the consumer rights act?"

Indeed it is , old habits !
    Replace UTCCR with Consumer Rights Act 2015 but the points are still valid
    Para 62.4 and 69.1 are the relevant ones

Which section would it be able to be put into? Or would it need another sub section of its own?
  • Kimberalex
    Options
    Kimberalex wrote: »
    DearSir/madam,

A 'parking charge' ref 1234567910 was sent to the registered keeper of xxxx on the xxxxI responded directly to Parking Eye via appeal online on the xxxxx

As advised to Parking Eye in the above referenced letter, the driver on the day was a breastfeeding mother as such is a person with protected characteristics under the Equality Act 2010 and is legally entitled to use when needed, a 'reasonable adjustment' such as, in this case, additional time to feed their baby as already stated in the previous mail

Parking Eye have been informed and have chosen to ignore this fact in continuing to pursue the registered keeper for payment of this ‘Parking Charge Notice’. This is a clear breach of the Equality Act 2010.

This bullying of those with protected characteristics does not represent home bargains in a good light at all - as a direct result of this, home bargains have now lost the custom of our whole family who previously shopped at the Jarrow store. Not only that, this is clearly harassment which is illegal.

Take notice that I will regard any further correspondence, save as may be required to litigate matters between us or to confirm that the matter is closed, from you, your agents or assigns as harassment within the terms of s.2(1) of the Protection from Harassment Act 1997. Harassment is also another Equality Act breach in its own right, and citing either/both Acts, I will also reserve the right to seek damages from you home bargains and Parking Eye who are jointly and severally liable for these unlawful actions).

I now assume the matter is closed and sincerely hope that home bargains takes action to stamp out this illegal practice by your agents.

Yours faithfully

I've sent this in the email

I have received a letter in correspondence from sending this email a couple of weeks ago and also by giving them crap relating to breastfeeding mums on Twitter and contacting the local MP (not sure which point got it actually cancelled but the main point was breach of the equal rights act 2010) that the parking charge has been cancelled!!!

I'm so relieved!

I just want to say a huge thank you to all that have helped me, I can't thank you enough for taking the time to help me.

I'm so happy thank you all again
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,565 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    well done :j

I am sure would have any way ....... but make sure all your family , friends and acquaintances know all about this, and other such scams

again well done

Ralph:cool:
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,506 Forumite
    Options
    Well done you, Kimberalex. Great result to end the year off. Time for a glass or two (but not too much in case you make baby tipsy in the 'process'!).

Super job done on them. The power of the targeted complaint - writ large.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    Options
    well done kimberalex, I assume Parking Eye sent you this written cancellation ?

just goes to show the power of complaining, but your popla appeal was certainly getting to the point of submission and may aid other similar mums in the future
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,357 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Kimberalex wrote: »
    I have received a letter in correspondence from sending this email a couple of weeks ago and also by giving them crap relating to breastfeeding mums on Twitter and contacting the local MP (not sure which point got it actually cancelled but the main point was breach of the equal rights act 2010) that the parking charge has been cancelled!!!

I'm so relieved!

I just want to say a huge thank you to all that have helped me, I can't thank you enough for taking the time to help me.

I'm so happy thank you all again

Well done. :T
    If possible can you post up the letter after redacting your personal information. This will be very useful for others who are discriminated against by parking companies.

Just a point though, if the letter was not from parking lie then it isn't over until they say it's over. I suggest you submit your PoPLA appeal anyway unless you get a confirmation from the PPC that it is all over before the deadline date.
    It wouldn't be the first time a retailer has told the PPC to cancel but they have still pursued it.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Giant_Hogweed
    Options
    Yet another winner! Excellent.
    Putting my own problem with these PPC morons was one of the best things I've done recently, and after worrying (and admittedly losing sleep) over the escalating amount I allegedly owed I now don't give a flying **** about their empty threats.
    The more people who get one over on these cowboys (with a LOT of help from our friends on here) the better. :-)
    Happy New Year to you all.
  • Kimberalex
    Options
    It is a letter from parking eye in response to the email I sent them after by refused my appeal this is it I have tweaked in according to help with grammar by the wonderful people on here I can post a copy of the appeal helpfully edited and re worded by ampersand?

Honestly I can't thank you all enough for your help it's a victory over these bullying Cowboys, it had my anxiety through the roof. I know they're giving them to the elderly visiting the doctors over the road to this store and I can't imagine how it must impact their health.

I've posted on my Facebook and Twitter hopefully it Spurs people on to appeal against them.

This is the email that got it cancelled I sent it to parking eye after a refused appeal and also Joe Morris the ceo of home bargains

DearSir/madam,

A 'parking charge' reference 1234567910 was sent to the registered keeper of xxxx on the xxxxI responded directly to ParkingEye via appeal online on the xxxxx

As advised to ParkingEye in the above referenced letter, the driver on the day was a breastfeeding mother as such is a person with protected characteristics under the Equal Rights Act 2010 and is legally entitled to use when needed, a 'reasonable adjustment' such as, in this case, additional time to feed their baby as already stated in the previous mail

ParkingEye have been informed and have chosen to ignore this fact in continuing to pursue the registered keeper for payment of this ‘Parking Charge Notice’. This is a clear breach of the Equal Rights Act 2010.

This bullying of those with protected characteristics does not represent home bargains in a good light at all - as a direct result of this, home bargains have now lost the custom of our whole family who previously shopped at the Jarrow store. Not only that, this is clearly harassment which is illegal.

Take notice that I will regard any further correspondence, save as may be required to litigate matters between us or to confirm that the matter is closed, from you, your agents or assigns as harassment within the terms of s.2(1) of the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

Harassment is also another Equal Rights Act breach in its own right, and citing either/both Acts.

I will also reserve the right to seek damages from you Home Bargains and ParkingEye who are jointly and severally liable for these unlawful actions.

I now assume the matter is closed and sincerely hope that Home Bargains takes action to stamp out this illegal practice by your agents.

Yours faithfully
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport