Advice Needed: Cheap Disability Aids Faulty & Missing Items & Payment Taken Twice

Options

Comments

• hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 7 March 2017 at 12:30PM
    Options
  • bloss3101
    Options
    Absolutely amazing that this company ignores customers for months on end who have no items & have not received their money back!

They do have the time however to advertise the fact they have purchased a new office pooch on their pretend support facebook page parents of disabled children (just an advertising page for their cheapdisability aids website) probably purchased with the funds they are witholding!

I have left a message on the photo but guarantee it will be gone by the morning! One extremely angry mum!
  • bloss3101
    Options
    My husband just checked & he couldn't see my comment on their page yet I can. They must actually go to the trouble to vet comments before they allow them to be seen by everyone else! I do not know how anyone can go to so much trouble to try & stop the public finding out how terribly they treat customers yet can not deal with the fact they either send out faulty broken products or don't send them at all! Unbelievable!
  • bloss3101
    Options
    I have spoken to the bank this morning & they have informed me that Sensory Education - Cheap Disability Aids have challenged the chargeback! The bank have rejected the challenge & Sensory Education now has another 60 days to give a reason why they want to keep the money!

I am not allowed to post links on here as I am a relatively new user but if you go to my twitter @DebRolfe03 you can see what you get sent for £115.91 from Sensory Education! A box of cheap broken rubbish that they tell you to send back & an item not received. No goods, no money just months of hassle when you are dealing with a child who has multiple difficulties at home & school. They have the cheek to have a website called parentsofdisabledchildren.co.uk saying what hardship it causes having a disabled child moneywise while ripping parents of disabled children off!
    No words!
  • bloss3101
    Options
    Just another update: I posted my story on twitter & got a reply from Sensory Education this morning. They were trying to say they refunded for faulty goods & missing item in full on 23/11/15. I did receive a refund of £115.91 on 23/11 but my payment went through twice on checkout so Sensory Education had received 2 payments. When I received the refund I had no communication from them to say which issue it was for so assumed they had realised they had the second payment & refunded it volulntarily. All e-mails & letter sent to them were ignored when I asked them to rectify the situation with the other payment of £115.91. I asked them on twitter to check their accounts for the other payment & confirm which of the issues the first refund was for. Firstly they again denied they had the second payment, then came back & said they had found the second payment, on one it had come through as d. carroll & on the other it had come through as d. t. carroll whilch is why they couldn't find it? They say they have now refunded the second payment & I should receive it within 2-3 days & offered me pizza to say sorry! I will update if I do receive the refund! I can not put into words the amount of stress this has caused & my son having to go without things he needs for his therapy. Just please if using a new company online, research & use credit card or paypal so you are covered if things go wrong! I have found this out the hard way!
  • hollydays
    edited 7 March 2017 at 12:30PM
    Options
    Funny how theyve suddenly found it now the bank are on to them!and you've posted it on here.
    {text removed} Though when you've appeared on BBC Watchdog THAT many times .....
  • hollydays
    edited 27 January 2016 at 10:59PM
    Options
    Here's another one of his companies
    "Streets local limited" was then dissolved to form Streets local network)
    And comments on this forum
    http://www.ukbusinessforums.co.uk/threads/warning-streets-local-ltd.140065/

"post is I am out of pocket by some £575.00 and there maybe other members in the same position as me or worse...

IN FACT £575 IS NOTHING COMPARED TO THE FEELING OF BEING RIPPED OFF.

Due to other problems caused by the dissolved ltd company, I have had to rebrand and re-apply for a new Trade Mark and website domain name etc... for my new product."

Looks like he got some of those posts removed too
  • bloss3101
    Options
    Just an update! This is still ongoing & I still have not received the second refund of £115.91. I was told by Sensory Education on 27th January 2016 that the payment had been refunded in full back to me & would take 2-3 working days.

I contacted the manager last week as he had e-mailed me directly & informed him I still had not received the refund. I was sent a refund receipt which I have sent on to my bank who have confirmed I have received no funds from Sensory Education. Sensory Education are saying that the money has left their account & my bank have to do a recall on the money! I now have yet another dispute form from the bank to try & get this money back & have sent all the threads/messages on to them. Please anyone thinking of using this company, do your research & AVOID! There are now other health issues in the family as well as my son needing things for his therapy that this money was for, another member of the family has to have an operation next week & will need extensive hospital treatment afterwards. I really do not need to still be fighting this company for my son's money!
  • susancheshire
    Options
    Can I add my own experience of Sensory Education Ltd to this thread. Being new to ordering goods on-line, I did not check for reviews of them before ordering a bubble tube lamp on 14/12/2015. To date I have never received the product or a refund from them. My last communication from the company was a request for an order number which was supplied. I have had no reply to an email I sent or the letter I sent recorded delivery and signed for by Lucy Edwards.
    Fortunately, I paid by Visa and my Visa provider said they would mark it as a disputed transaction and credited my account with the sum paid. I was not aware that they did this and it's worth knowing. My worry is that they will think the sum involved too low to do much about it.
    It appears that Cheap Disability Aids was dissolved in 2015, but Daniel Edwards' other company Sensory Education Ltd still uses its website address and some of its email IDs.
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can I add my own experience of Sensory Education Ltd to this thread. Being new to ordering goods on-line, I did not check for reviews of them before ordering a bubble tube lamp on 14/12/2015. To date I have never received the product or a refund from them. My last communication from the company was a request for an order number which was supplied. I have had no reply to an email I sent or the letter I sent recorded delivery and signed for by Lucy Edwards.
    Fortunately, I paid by Visa and my Visa provider said they would mark it as a disputed transaction and credited my account with the sum paid. I was not aware that they did this and it's worth knowing. My worry is that they will think the sum involved too low to do much about it.
    It appears that Cheap Disability Aids was dissolved in 2015, but Daniel Edwards' other company Sensory Education Ltd still uses its website address and some of its email IDs.
    Sorry to hear of your problem.

Visa do run a chargeback scheme which means that if the goods are not supplied you can expect a full refund.

Mastercard, American Express and others offer similar schemes.

There is no minimum purchase price with Visa or Amex, but I believe Mastercard do have a £10 minimum.

Have a read of MSE's Chargeback article for further details.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure