Advice Needed: Cheap Disability Aids Faulty & Missing Items & Payment Taken Twice

Options

Comments

• missblue
    missblue Posts: 30 Forumite
    edited 22 November 2015 at 12:35PM
    Options
    This website is advertised on the scope forum, and is claiming "This site has some great Christmas presents. It's recommended by the National Autistic Society, Mencap & other charities."

As you say earlier everyone needs to check independent reviews before buying expensive, needed equipment.
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 31 January 2016 at 6:20PM
    Options
    missblue wrote: »
    This website is advertised on the scope forum, and is claiming "This site has some great Christmas presents. It's recommended by the National Autistic Society, Mencap & other charities."

As you say earlier everyone needs to check independent reviews before buying expensive, needed equipment.

Do you have a link to that?

Edit-this poster never returned to mse and what she says is not true..
  • hollydays
    edited 18 April 2016 at 8:38PM
    Options
    " entertainer criticised over charity appeal"
    An article and photo from the Birmingham Mail
    http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/local-news/entertainer-criticised-over-charity-appeal-27679

Entertainer leaves a trail of tears

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/local-news/entertainer-leaves-a-trail-of-tears-27313

Trading on Amazon " sensory education warehouse"
  • bloss3101
    Options
    I have e-mailed the timeframes that I should be refunded by & what the bank have said about overpayment but they haven't replied. I will put it in writing to them tomorrow by recorded delivery & if they don't respond by next Monday I will phone the Consumer Rights line & see if they will report it to trading standards. I have just moved house, my son has multiple hospital appointments & is under assessment & I think I just got stressed about his operation coming up & didn't use better judgement! I certainly won't be buying anything online in future with a company I haven't used before without researching properly first! I just took it as read that people providing items especially aimed towards disabled children would be caring but in this instance it is far from the case, especially seeing what is written about the person who owns this company! They should be ashamed of themselves!
  • hollydays
    Options
    Anyone having dealings with this company would be advised to speak to trading standards anyway just to let them know how they are currently conducting themselves.
  • bloss3101
    Options
    Yesterday after filling the bank dispute form I checked my bank statement & Sensory Education have finally refunded the second payment £115.91 (20 days later) that they said they didn't have! Today the postman knocked asking me to sign for the bean bag which I rejected! Sensory Education / Cheap Disability Aids have already had several e-mails from myself informing them they have broken their contract & I wish to cancel & require a refund! Also out of the faulty/broken items I received were liquid timers, I ordered 3 different styles at different prices & although all 3 were broken they were all the same timer not ones I had purchased & paid different prices for! I would not recommend this company to anyone especially if they have a disabled child!
  • izook
    Options
    I am having terrible problems with this company, I ordered an item which never turned up. They are ignoring my emails and are just rude and tell me there is nothing they can do when I phone. I have spoken to trading standards and am considering taking further action. There seem to be so many people having problems with this company I think maybe we should contact the press about this terrible company, taking advantage of families of disabled children.
  • ThumbRemote
    ThumbRemote Posts: 4,629 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    How did you pay? If by card, contact the card issuer about the possibility of a chargeback.
  • hollydays
    Options
    Take trading standards advice.

He is already well known to them.
    Sensory education limited
  • bloss3101
    Options
    Sorry to hear that izook. I have reported all this to trading standards & have been taking their advice & put a final notice letter recorded delivery in the post as they are ignoring my e-mails & haven't even acknowledged the fact I returned the faulty items or updated as to the missing item! I had the same experience with the call centre, they just say they can't help you & noone you can speak to. They signed for the letter & haven't heard a thing!

Trading standards then advised to get the bank to start the chargeback process, which they have done. This started before Christmas & still haven't heard anything. Cheapdisabilityaids.co.uk or Sensory Education Ltd as they now call themselves use a third party payment company which means it is not guaranteed I will get my money back even with all the evidence I have! I paid with debit card which makes it harder. I have seen quite a few similar stories over the last couple of months & apparently this has been going on for years, how these people are getting away with it is beyond me!

I have advised trading standards that I have had to start the chargeback process as the company has not acknowledge returns, e-mails or recorded signed for post & they have advised me that if for any reason the bank doesn't get the money back they are looking into court proceedings! I think given the history of this company & previous companies they have run they should be looking into closing them down so they can't treat anyone else this way!

To treat families of disabled children this way is beyond belief, 3 months now since I ordered for my son going into hospital & I have nothing, not even an apology for their abysmal service or the stress they have caused! I haven't had the time other than the process for trying to get the money back to seek other avenues as yet due to other ongoing issues, but will seek to contact watchdog & also I know there are other media that would be interested in this companies practice!

I would advise anyone with a disabled child or anyone looking for sensory items AVOID CHEAPDISABILITYAIDS.CO.UK TRADING AS SENSORY EDUCATION LTD! It is really not worth the stress, always research before using a new company online & also use a company that uses paypal or credit card as it is easier to get your money back if there is a problem & you come across a company as unscrupulous as this one!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure