Add your feedback on energy supplier So Energy

Options

Comments

• CATH4343
    CATH4343 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    I always do a price comparison yearly for energy providers. I dont automatically go for the cheapest (although price is a major factor), I want good service as well. I have been with So Energy for a year now and I'm staying with them! Hands down the best all round provider I've ever had. Everything clear, easy to understand, regular communication and above all a good price. Ive been with 5/6 of the "Big 6" energy providers over the years and had no end of problems including them claiming to be so much cheaper and signing you up and then within months massively increasing direct debits (even though they had precise figures of useage in advance from me!)
    Well back to So Energy Honest, straightforward and accurate (including accurate switch dates which EON couldnt do to save their lives!)
    I would recommend this company if you want a quality service at a good price
  • lisa110rry
    lisa110rry Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Completely agree Cath. Have you done a review on Trust Pilot? If ever a company deserved a good review, it's So Energy.
    “And all shall be well. And all shall be well. And all manner of things shall be exceeding well.”
    ― Julian of Norwich
    In other words, Don't Panic!
  • The_Miser
    Options
    MSE quoted me £1198 pa (£100pm) for dual fuel from SO's "Gorilla" but when I went in to their site giving absolutely identical info they quoted £1484 (£124pm) for the same system. They ARE cheaper than my present supplier but if companies are giving MSE examples like this I need to check every one in detail.
  • The_Miser
    Options
    lisa110rry wrote: »
    When chatting to the new supplier operative, I mentioned our new boiler fitted in June to replace the 29-year-old one and the fact that I had under-estimated our usage for next year by 10% on that basis, but really I had no idea
    We shall see...so far very good customer service.
    Lisa: I hope that works for you. My ancient gas boiler (well, it was there when we bought in 1980) was condemned two years ago on the grounds that parts are not available; it had been "serviced" every year and the only actual repair was to replace an industry standard thermostat about 15 years ago.
    We were promised huge savings with the new one. It seems to be using far far more gas than the old one to supply the same heating and hot water so good luck
  • lisa110rry
    lisa110rry Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    That's odd Miser! In my case, my new boiler is without doubt running 30-35% lower on cost than the old one did (I have kept readings/records monthly for years). Also you must have a seriously massive house to be quoted £124 per month. Ours is a three bedroom detached 1930s home with four open fireplaces (mostly unused, but not blocked) and I only pay £88 per month and that's very much over-egging!

Our boiler is a Vaillant Eco-tek with Hive, what's yours?
    “And all shall be well. And all shall be well. And all manner of things shall be exceeding well.”
    ― Julian of Norwich
    In other words, Don't Panic!
  • twinkerzzz
    Options
    I switched to so duck package in june 2016 till june 2017.
    I have to say if you want hassle free electricity then go with SO.
    I just send in meter readings when it suits me - they send me monthly statements and we leave each other alone. Its great.

I fixed my dd at a rate that suited my annual consumption and they're not changing it half way thro the year like everyone else. Hooray.

I had an issue setting up but again, their customer service was a real human person who got what the issue was and sorted it out straight away.

I have to say i'd stick with this company if their 2017-18 package was coming up as a low cost one which it isn't quite any more - shame !

twzzz
  • Biccy_Boy
    Options
    After a couple of days of running comparisons I have decided to try So Energy. Directly after accepting the tariff I logged onto my new account and could see the stages clearly laid out - so far so good :T
  • whoosh
    whoosh Posts: 30 Forumite
    Options
    I've just applied for my switch and will report back in a few weeks once my supply moves over, if I have any problems.

The customer service is good, with responses to my emails within a day each time. My requests to change my direct debit date and to switch my tariff (they introduced a slightly better tariff the day after I applied to switch) were agreed promptly by email.

I was going to switch to Iresa, which was the cheapest by a substantial margin, but I was put off by the two-week or so time to reply to my emails (the responses themselves were helpful, but would have been quicker to post from the Moon), and by the fact that they don't participate in the Energy Switch Guarantee Scheme, whereas So Energy does.
  • Domini
    Options
    I switched with so energy through the club last year,on to the So Chimpanzee tariff. It was so easy to do and I got really good updates from them to keep me updated on the process of the switch.
    I have found the service very good throughout
    - periodic updates to submit meter reading, which in turn was dead easy to do
    - after changinging all my lightbulbs my energy cost went down and after my next
    meter reading my DD was adjusted at the 6 month point.
    - The monthly bills arrived very quickly after the meter reading was submitted and was very informative
    - I had 2 querries via customer care and they dealt with it so very well on both of them
    I have been with all the big suppliers and these guys are the best !
    Now switching to So Hippo:j:T
  • dowagem
    Options
    Recently made switch from previous 12 month fixed tariff from B Gas. Feedback/reviews were very useful in deciding which of the many new smaller companies to try and decided to go with SO Energy. Transfer process was very simple and competed in just over two weeks. SO Energy's website shows exactly where your application is up to. My initial application was made using my energy usage figures for the past twelve months but in the meantime my daughter moved to her own premises and so I rang SO Energy's customer services to ask if I could revise my annual usage figures which would reduce the monthly payment figure agreed. I was asked what monthly payment I would like to pay and this was agreed without any further discussion. Amount altered on website the following day. Very satisfied with SO Energy so far and can also report a similar experience with an application made by my mother two weeks prior to my application so two satisfied applications to report.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback