Add your feedback on energy supplier So Energy

Options

Comments

• Retired_Dave
    Options
    Switched to So Energy in April 2016. Absolutely no problems.
  • AndyJ52
    AndyJ52 Posts: 77 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for all the info/feedback. I've made the switch to SoEnergy based on both price and the great reviews they've been getting ..... and am very happy with everything so far.
  • Idyll
    Idyll Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    All sounds very good, and thinking of switching. However, one thing I'm concerned about is that when I got a quote just now, they quoted me £62 per month. But with Ovo at the moment I pay £43 per month, based on what I use. Will So fix the DD amount from their quote, or are they more flexible? I can't really afford such a hike, even if it does work out cheaper over the year...
  • Nikiya
    Nikiya Posts: 547 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Switched to So Energy 4 days ago. It was not the cheapest option, but cheaper companies had very bad reviews and I did not want to take any risks. All I can say is "so far so good". Everything seems clear and my current providers have already been contacted. SOE are supposed to take over at the end of the month, just when my current deal expires. Fingers crossed and will update in due course :-)
  • Nikiya
    Nikiya Posts: 547 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    [/QUOTE]However, one thing I'm concerned about is that when I got a quote just now, they quoted me £62 per month. But with Ovo at the moment I pay £43 per month, based on what I use.
    [FONT=&quot]I do not understand: how does So Energy compare with other quotes? [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Prices for G&E have gone up across the board and you probably won’t be able to match whatever deal you have now. But 50% more sounds too much. Do you have the actual figure in KWH of your annual consumption? The price per month of a DD is just a spread of your expected consumption along the year and that is calculated based on what you use and how much each provider charges per KWH plus their standing charge.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I suggest you look at those numbers.[/FONT]
  • abbeyscruffy
    Options
    Just posting to confirm my satisfaction with So Energy. I have been with them, for Gas only, since November 2016 & was lucky to join just before the larger price hikes started. I was on a good 1 year deal with Zog Energy before that.

I can recommend So Energy based on my experiences so far. I also think that Zog take some beating as well but they are now slightly higher for me on price. However, So Energy win on having very low early exit fees. :T
  • AbbieCadabra
    AbbieCadabra Posts: 1,707 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    i've just started the switch to them, 12 month fixed/£5 exit fee, not the cheapest overall for our area, but the cheaper companies had too many negative reviews/complaints online. all good so far, they've rang me very quickly with a small query already & their online account & switch process is the clearest I've seen up to now.
  • jbuchanangb
    jbuchanangb Posts: 1,326 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Switched on 24th March - everything very smooth so far. Their web site tells me that it may take 3 weeks until my online account is ready. Seems reasonable.
  • Librarylottie
    Options
    I switched from the MSE British Gas Collective which ended in February 2017.
    After checking out deals on Cheap Energy Club I decided to switch to SO Hippo and they took over from March 18th. No hassle at all. I phoned them as I had a smart meter fitted whilst with British Gas and the very helpful girl at SO Energy explained very clearly to me how to read the meters using buttons A and B. It reminded me of the old pay telephone boxes!!
    All in all I am really pleased and I strongly recommend SO Energy. Customer service is so important. :j :T
    librarylottie
  • Tricky_Trees
    Options
    Having read previous feedback I have chosen So Energy based not just on price (they weren't the cheapest) but also positive comments about their customer service.
    Process started today and so far so good. Their website is easy to follow and welcome e-mail received within minutes.
    Will provide updates as it progresses.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure