A real work at home job

Options

Comments

• SomersetSBSaver
    Options
    I had the following message Oliver "You must have a local router between you and the internet to run the Workbooth Software. It seems that your IP Address is a direct connection to the internet. Either disable this connection, or place a router between it and the Internet" as I know a few others have. I have Virgin broadband and use the modem they gave me which has a cable in the enet socket (sorry if I am not explaining myself well!!). You suggested a router to someone with the same problem from ebuyer but it is now out of stock so was hopinh to pop out somewhere tomorrow and get one but wouldn't know where to begin!!
    Thanks!
  • Oliver27
    Options
    Right ok
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/search.aspx?MenuNo=12203&MenuName=Wired+Cable+Routers&FromMenu=y&doy=19m9

theres a maplin in most towns and you can check local stock from the website
  • SomersetSBSaver
    Options
    Thank you for that!!. I know sometimes with Maplin you need to buy cables and things seperately - is it just this one product I need. Sorry to sound really thick but it's all new to me!!
  • Oliver27
    Options
    you might need a lan cable from this new box into your pc,
    depends if you get one with it?

Virgin Modem--Lan Cable--Router--Lan Cable--Pc

would be how to connect it all up, you will have one lan cable
    allready from modem to your pc, so you just need one more
  • sarcasticsheep
    Options
    Hey folks, finally got my PC and other assessments e-mailed yesterday and did my first interview last night.

Getting my final interview today so wish me luck :j There's one thing I need to ask you though, it's about any time off during training...

I need a couple of days off in October, prob 15th-17th, but if training maybe starts on 1st October (haven't been told this, just read on this forum) then is it OK to have a couple of days off or am I risking this by doing it?

Also I know the training is for a few weeks online and the phone, but is it on EVERY day? I mean if it wasn't on weekends then that would be perfect and I would just go the weekend before / after those dates above. Also is the training after 6pm?

Thanks a lot for your help folks, BTW how did everyone get on with the solicitor letter / criminal checks / drug tests?
  • sarcasticsheep
    Options
    also got an opticom speakerphone in argos for £8.66(website said £12.99) which has a mute which stays on perfect for training!!!

who else is starting 1st October?

I had my second interview today and got the job, so I'm starting on 1st October too! :beer:

Does that phone allow 2 way speakerphone? So we can talk back and not have to lift up the handset to talk when speakerphone is on? Is it the opticom VT220?

Congrats to all who are starting soon and thanks to everyone for the advice and help!
  • belfast_child
    Options
    :T hiya yes it has the 2 way speakerphone. and yes its that model.:beer:

need urgent help with the pack that came today as ill have to post it back pretty sharp.:confused:

im confused re the id. i know i need to take passport to solicitor for verification. do i photocopy it or does she photocopy it?

do i also need to send to teletech a drivers licence and utility bill/bank statement?

on the crb reference form can it be a family member or does it need to be someone proffessional?

also for employment history, does it need to go back til i left school? that was 20 years ago!!

sorry to be so thick but im having a blonde day

xxthanks in advance
    member number 240 in da norn irn club

:beer: :beer:
  • Blondie32_2
    Options
    Hi belfast_child,

You have to photocopy your ID and take this and the originals to the Solicitor. They will check them and sign them. Not sure about your utility bills etc as I took my Birth Certificate and P60.

You also only need to fill in your employment history for the last 5 years.

PS. I have a lot of those blonde days too lol!!!!
  • bells123
    Options
    hiya
    i applied with teletech today, any advice ? would really appricate it
  • peacock3022
    Options
    Hi guys, was meant to start training on the 10th of this month, but had holidays booked second week of training (im on holiday now, well deserved) lol. Any way just had another email, I start on the 1st October, see there is a few of us starting then. My 1st lot of shifts after training has some weird hours. One hour shifts, 2 hour shifts, any one else got these ? Also I have nominated Oliver for post of the month, you deserve it. Anyway, back to my holiday. Catch up with you all soon xxx
    Eeee by gum, does your belly touch your bum ? :p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport